Travel Answers
Chittagong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• chinamoon's Profile Photo

how to find guide for hill tribes in Bandarban or Alikadam areas?

by chinamoon Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 6:32 AM

We are trying to find a guide to see the Mru people down the Matamuri River close to the town of Alikadam south of Bandarban. It takes 7 days to get a permit so we can't wait till we arrive to find a local guide. The guides at guidetours say that area is too far for them to get a permit as they work around their Hillside Resort in Bandarban.
      Any help on a name and email for a guide would be so much appreciated. We only want to spend a couple of days. Asian Pacific Tours has a 5 day trip for 2500.00 per person and one other agency listed their 5 day trip as 895.00 per person. Normally we would just go to the Alikadam market and find a local to take us but without the permit we would not be allowed to visit that area. Any ideas? thanks so so much

1 Answer Feb 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    • miguel_es's Profile Photo

Bus Chittagong - Barbadan- Cox´s Bazar

by miguel_es Online Now Dec 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Where is the bus station to get Barbadan from Chittagong?
      Time table from Chittagon- Barbadan and Barbadan Chittagong?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    • Getting a bangladesh motorcycle license

by strange_fruit Online Now Sep 17, 2003 at 2:20 AM

Would like to know if its possible for me to sit my motorcycle test in bangladesh. I will only have a tourist visa

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • Request for help

by Mactoo Online Now Sep 11, 2003 at 7:20 AM

This is probably not the correct forum but I hope if that's the case you don't mind too much! My grandfather was killed just a few weeks before the end of the war in 1945. He's buried in Chittagon Commonwealth War Cemetery. I would really love to give my dad a picture of his dad's grave. He barely knew him and I know it would mean a lot to him. My request for help is that if anyone in Chittagon has a digital camera and some time, I would be very grateful if you could take and email a picture to me. If you can help me, please get in touch and I'll send you details. Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Nov 24, 2004 at 3:36 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Cleanliness

by thelittlevoice Online Now Jan 17, 2003 at 8:39 AM

Do you think Chittagong is cleaner than Dhaka? I'm going to Chiang Mai(north of Thailand) next month with my mum and there's a flight on Thai Airways to Chittagong so I'm thinking of going there just for the heck of it(I'll go to Bangladesh again in March anyway). My mum is really concerned about the cleanliness because she went through the chemotherapy last year though it has been over for like 6 months now, it's still not a good idea to go through all the dirts. If we decide to go, it will be only one or two nights. Do you think it's OK?

4 Answers Feb 19, 2003 at 2:31 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Transportation

by thelittlevoice Online Now Dec 13, 2002 at 7:18 AM

Is there any other transportation from Chittagong to Dhaka besides airplane? I'm gonna take Thai Airways from Bangkok to Chittagong and I think I should go to Dhaka just for the sake of visiting the capital city. Does anyone have any experience on train or bus? Thanks, Peak

9 Answers Mar 1, 2003 at 9:42 PM