5 years ago I stopped at a random hotel in Green Bay which I believe was near down town. I asked the person at check-in if there was anywhere nearby to get a drink. He kind of laughed and said "walk 500 ft through the arch." There were 5 or more bars/clubs in a small courtyard type area. After bars closed, there was even a hotdog vendor or two. I cannot seem to remember where exactly this was... Does this sound familiar to anyone?
We are planning a road trip from Illinois around the southern part of Wisconsin to visit some breweries and cheese factories/makers. We will have about 5 days, leaving on a Wednesday and returning home on Sunday.
The plan as it looks now will be:
- home to Milwaukee (about 220 miles)
- Johnson Creek (about 45 miles from Milwaukee)
- Madison (about 35 miles from Johnson Creek)
- New Glarus (about 27 miles from Madison)
- Monroe (about 17 miles from New Glarus)
- Mt Horeb (about 35 miles from Monroe)
- Galena (IL) (drive home via Galena, spend couple of hours - total 215 miles to home)
Can you guys help us out with suggestions how and where to spend our 4 available nights? Probably spend 1 night in Milwaukee and 1 night in Madison? But where would you suggest to spend the other nights? And if not Milwaukee and/or Madison, can you propose a better alternative?
Thanks a lot!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2013 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|