change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zenastar's Profile Photo

International Drivers License

by zenastar Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I am from the States. Will I need an international drivers license to rent a scooter in Chios? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    • Seaside Hotel/Apartment in Karfas?

by acfink77 Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I am looking for a seaside hotel or apartment in Karfas. Anybody have any good recommendations?

I gather from these forums that Karfas is a quiet seaside town with enough tavernas to occupy your evenings. Are there any other similar towns on the island of Chios? Any similar lodging recommendations in those towns?

Many thanks.

4 Answers Dec 17, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Karfas lodgings

by zenastar Online Now May 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Hello,
      I would like to stay at Karfas while on Chios island. Can anyone recommend a decently priced, clean, and simple place? I don't need a resort or huge hotel. I actually like quainter locations. All of the places I am finding online are sooooo expensive. Thanks..

5 Answers Sep 23, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Xenia Hotel????

by philosykos Online Now May 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Does the Xenia Hotel in HOra still exist??It was by the sea front..cannot find a number or email or site..has the name changed or does it not exist at all?/Many thxs!

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Transport options in Chios

by zenastar Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Hello,
      I will be coming by ferry to Chios from Cesme, Turkey. Does anyone know if you can bring across a rental car from Turkey?
      If not, was is the best and most affordable means of transportation? Car? Motorcycle? Taxi?
      I'll have two days there and I'd like to visit Mesta and Pyrgi. I'd also like to stay somewhere other than Chios town. Please advise.

5 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Coming to Chios Oct 23, 2010

by Cruiseone2003 Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Hello, I'm arriving in Chios (The cruiseline spells it Khios) on 10/23 by cruise ship and only staying for the day. I've been reading the Chios Forum for things to see and do and didn't find an answer to my question so I decided to post them here.

We are four persons, mid 40's, we won't have a car and will not rent a scooter. We'd like to go to a beach, swim and have some local food and beer; easy peasy right? Are there beaches in the town of Chios or nearby?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • Stay in Chios town or other village on Chios

by palioklima Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I will be with my bf in Chios from 18 Aug to 27 Aug. We like to stay in a place that is central and fun for night time, but not to noisy or commerical, and sitting out in the morning. Chios town seems not so pretty and a little commerical - not beautiful like other port towns (like Syros town, or Symi town). Kombos looks appealing and so does Mesta, but are they too quiet - no restaurants for night, etc, or would we need to drive to Chios town?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    • travel around Chios

by aeleland Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 7:34 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Chios for one day, off a cruise ship in November. We are in our early 60's and well traveled (never been on a cruise before) We do not usually like group tours, so we thought of going off on our own. How do we get around the island to visit the villages? I am particularly interested in local arts, textiles, and folk traditions. Of course we both love local food.
      How do we hire a driver for the day? What villages do you think we should visit and where should we stop for a good local meal?
      Any suggestions welcomed.
      Andrea, Chicago

5 Answers Oct 14, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    • 1 day in Chios

by Karenmillar Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Hi, we have 1 day in Chios in November while on a cruise and was wondering what the must do's were.

Karen, New Zealand

2 Answers Oct 14, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    • Nightlife

by Bradj Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 5:29 AM

Hello
      Can somebody give an insight on nightlife of Chios please?
      Thanks.
      Murat

2 Answers Jul 22, 2006 at 4:32 AM
    • In 2 weeks to Chios

by cheeto55 Online Now Jun 19, 2005 at 1:11 PM

Just wanted to know about exchanging canadian$'s or travellers cheques in chios,greece.Any other info on Chios,where to eat,go,what to see?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 2:05 PM