Chioggia Travel Answers

change location

Getting from San Marco Airport to Chioggia

by baileyandyogi Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Hi, last time we visited Venice we flew to Treviso & stayed on the Lido. This time we are flying to San Marco Airport & staying in Chioggia. Can anyone provide me with tips as to the best route to take from the airport please?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from San Marco Airport to Chioggia

by leics Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I think you mean Venice Marco Polo airport?

Are you driving or looking for public transport?

If the former, have a look at www.viamichelin.com for route, route info and estimated timings. Hopefully, other VT-ers will soon be along to add info.

If you are looking for public transport, I think you will first need to go into Venice with the ACTV airport bus (5 euro, excellent service):

atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&ar...

Click the clock for timetable. The you can take the 80E bus to Chioggia from Piazzale Roma (where the ATVO bus stops):

actv.it/pdf/extraurbano/E-80...

There are also private transfers from the airport if you google, although they are not cheap.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from San Marco Airport to Chioggia

by suvanki Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hi! I visited Chioggia, while staying in Venice in 2009.

The easiest/ cheapest way may be to get the airport bus ATVO or ACTV line 5 to P.Roma, where there is a bus service to Chioggia. Or the train,from Santa Lucia, changing in Rovigo and taking over two hours.

http://www.tourshuttle.com and www.shuttledirect.com provide a transfer from the airport to Chioggia by car.

The direct bus service from Marco Polo to Chioggioa has been discontinued.

If you want a leisurely journey - From Marco Polo airport, you can take the Alilaguna Water bus to Lido http://alilaguna.it/en

Here is my tip "Waterbus from Marco Polo to San Marco" - By plane (and then into Venice) Tip by suvanki

From Lido, you can catch the # 11 bus to Pellestrina, (which boards the ferry to Pellestrina), where you catch the #11 motonave (motor vessel) to Chioggia. This ran like clock-work, and was a great way to travel to/from Chioggia

"Venice to Chioggia" - Chioggia Transportation Tip by suvanki for more information.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines