Chioggia Travel Answers

change location
Thunderdarts's Profile Photo

Can I visit Chioggia?

by Thunderdarts Online Now Apr 20, 2005 at 10:41 AM

Hi folks - i'm looking for somewhere beautiful to stay a night in - close to Venice, and Chioggia looks great.

Is this a good place to stay to see a little of 'real' Italy before taking a peek at beautiful but touristy Venice? We are keen on staying in a hostel or camping. Or are there other beautiful towns nearby that We should consider?

We will be in rental car so distance isn't really a problem.

Please help!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: Can I visit Chioggia?

by vtveen Online Now Apr 21, 2005 at 7:44 AM

HI

Chioggia is real a nice town to stay for visiting Venice. Most of the hotels are in the 'new'part of town, along the beach. But the old part (more or less little Venice) is very attractive to stroll around along the canals and the (fish) market,
    Consider visiting Venice from Chioggia by boat/ferry. Take a day card, which includes also all your travelling in Venice. A great day trip.

have fun
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Thunderdarts's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Can I visit Chioggia?

by Thunderdarts Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 5:26 AM

Hi Jaap!

Many thanks for your help - we will be arriving in Venice (or Chioggia!) on the evening of 2nd September, staying overnight and just taking a really brief peek at Venice the next day, before setting out for (Piran) Slovenia the next evening. Ideally I'd like to be on the road for around 5pm

I realise this is leaving ourselves tight for time, but do you think we could manage to have a quick evening and morning visit to Venice and still be able to get on the road the next evening for Slovenia?

Biting off more than I can chew...!

by Thunderdarts Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 5:29 AM

Sorry Jaap - I should have added that I'm keen to stay in Chioggia for perhaps cheaper accomodation, and hopefully to be able to park the rental car safely!

We will be really interested in a cheap hostel or camping too - do you have anywhere you can recommend?

Thanks again, Jaap!

• vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 10:22 AM

Hi
    I wouldn't recommend to stay in Chioggia, if you do have only less than a day to visit Venezia. Travelling from Chioggia will take too much time.
    Try to stay in Mestre, which is very close to Venezia. You will be able to visit Venezia on your first night (I think by train) and also the next day.
    Perhaps you can leave your car at your hotel or camping.
    (for hotels for instance: www.bookings.nl also in English and for Mestre and Venezia www.comune.venezia.it and off course on VT with lots of tips in the travel guides)
    Leaving for Slovenia you are on the highway.
    Hope you will find something appropriate.
    Jaap

by Thunderdarts Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Jaap - you are a true gentleman!

Thank you very much for your help - Mestre it is in regard to our time.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable advice.

Cheers!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines