change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• capability's Profile Photo

old writers club in Little France

Strasbourg Jun 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

As you walk towards Little France ( from ? NW) and just before the half timbered houses begin there is a vegetarian olde worlde cafe. There were pictures of some famous writers on the wall of the stairway leading to an upper floor. Apparently some rich benefactor had put forward money for a writers club to have its meetings there. I think this was in the 1800s or early 1900s but could be earlier. I can't remember the name of the place or the full history. Anyone help?

more
    • Restaurant Supplier

Nice Jul 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hi All,
      Back to Nice for three months at the end of December. I was wondering if anyone had occassion to shop at a restaurant supply store in Nice?
      I am looking to buy older style carbon steel kitchen knives rather than high carbon stainless steel.
      Thank you,
      Ephraim

more
    • permission to rent a pitch at josselin market

Josselin Jul 26, 2015 at 7:54 AM

how can i get a permit to join the josselin market

more
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Walk from Les Baumettes to Calanque de Sormiou

Marseille Jul 7, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is an obvious walking path from where the number 22 bus drops you in Les Baumettes down to Calanque de Sormiou? The path I can see on Google maps looks obvious enough but, although we are fit enough to pick our way over rough terrain, we don't want to guess our route down and up again. We will be on foot but I read in information that, in the summer months, people have to walk some distance from car parks down to this area anyway. (I think this is pertains to the road from the other direction) Any first hand information out there?

more
    • Taxis at Juan les pins train station?

Juan-les-Pins Jul 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM

are there local taxis at the station in juan les pins ?I am arriving from Nice, but cannot carry luggage to my hotel (hotel strelitzias).Or perhaps a telephone number for reliable local taxi service? Many thanks

Michelle.

more
    • ferry_can you take your bike?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Is it possible to take your bicycle on the ferry from Boulonge-sur-mer to England ?

more
    • Currency or cashpoint

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Jul 9, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Hi there,

I am taking my family to Chamonix for the first time but not sure which currency I should be using or whether or not to take cash? Please advise.
      Regards Maria

more
    • Porto-Vecchio - need info please

Porto-Vecchio 7 hours ago

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of heading to the south of Corsica but there really isn't much information on the web.

We are 3 late-twenty/early 30s something girls and are looking for a lively town with quite a few things to do.

any tips? Which is better - Bonifacio or Porto-Vecchio?

more
    • Directions from Antibes station into town

Antibes 8 hours ago

What is the easiest route into Antibes Town from the rail station

more
    • beach fishing?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Hello! We were wondering if there are any good places for a spot of beach fishing? We are planning to visit in summer, and fancied a bit of spinning for Bass or Mackerel. I have studied the satellite maps, and we are happy to go anywhere from Dunkirk down as we will be driving. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Sarah

more
    • Late transport from Nice airport to Antibes?

Antibes Jul 21, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Hi, we arrive at Nice airport at 9:15 pm on a Friday in August. By the time we have picked up our bags will there be any public transport to Antibes? If not are there other options and what would they cost? Thanks in advance Ian & Ana

more
    • ferry_can you take your bike?

Boulogne-sur-Mer Jul 16, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Is it possible to take your bicycle on the ferry from Boulonge-sur-mer to England ?

more
    • Luggage storage in Annecy

Annecy Jul 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I will have a day trip to Annecy. I have heard that there is no locker in the train station.
      Where can I store my luggage? Any suggestions?
      Thanks!
      Amy

more
    • Going to Metzingen

Strasbourg Jul 9, 2015 at 5:37 AM

I'm currently staying in Strasbourg and I'd like to go to the Outlets in Metzingen to profit from the summer sales. I don't have a car though so I'd like to know which is the best way to get there for like a day and then come back.
      With a quick google search I found this company (http://shopping-shuttle.eu/) that seems to do something similar to what I want but I don't know if people can advise me, or tell me if they know this Shopping Shuttle

more
    • Transfer by taxi from Bastia Airport to Port Bonefacio

Corsica Jul 9, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Does someone know what the costs are for a taxi from Bastia Airport to Port Bonefacio?

more
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Nano simcards in France

France Jul 8, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I need information/advice on how best to select a nano sim card for two weeks of use in France this Summer (2015). It must be both voice and data sim card. Thank you.

more
    • Red23UK's Profile Photo

Travelling from Arras to Douai in the early hours.

Arras Jun 30, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Hi all, three of us will be going to the Main Square Festival on Friday and will be heading back to our hotel in Douai at around 2am Saturday morning. Does anyone know if there's an alternative to getting a taxi?

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Things to do

Nice 6 hours ago

I am planning to travel to Nice with intention to visit Canne. I will have around 1 1/2 days. Please suggest how I can split my 1 1/2 days. As I will be flying from London, thinking of renting a car to move around. Is it a good idea? I wanted to travel in 3rd week of August next month. Day 1 - reach in afternoon, Day 2 - full day to spend, Day 3 - flight around 11am.

more
    • Unique Places

France Jul 26, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a 7 day driving trip from Barcelona to Oradour-sur-Glane, in west-central France.
      I'm not asking for an itinerary just some ideas of what other interesting unique points of interest that may be in the area.
      I'm not so much into wine tasting, shopping or other typical tourist sites,these can be found in any travel guide.My interests are more towards historical,abandoned,ruins and relics of the past.Any suggestions would be most helpful.
      Thanks..
      Richard.

more
    • Apartment in Fabron

Nice Jul 26, 2015 at 5:27 AM

I am thinking about booking an apartment in the Fabron district and wondered what the public bus service was like; which bus will take me to the town centre and how long will it take? If I want to travel to Cannes or Monte Carlo should I take the train or the bus ? If I use the bus where do I get on in Nice? Any information would be much appreciated.

more
    • Lyon Airport to Cluny

Cluny Jul 11, 2015 at 2:25 PM

What is the best way to get to Cluny (Hotel Odilon) from Lyon airport please? We arrive about 17.15.
      Many thanks
      MCW

more
    • Climate in August?

Alsace Jul 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

We'll be in France in mid to late August. Will it be very hot, or is it generally cooler in the wine route areas?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

more
    • Where to stay

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Jul 9, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Our daughter is performing in the Grimaldi Forum in November and so we want to come to stay for the weekend and watch her. The question is, with a tight budget, do we find a cheap hotel in Monaco, or go to somewhere nearby, like Roquebrune? Any recommendations? Just for me and my husband, 1 night. Thanks.

more
    • MSM and WW2 Normandy Beaches -One base or two?

France Jul 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Apologies if this question has been asked (in some form) a thousand or so times already.
      Just fantasizing about a 9 day trip to France late September. DEFINITELY want to see Mt St Michel and full day at the WW2 sites. We would take train from Paris and pick up a car at most convenient suggested location.
      FULL DISCLOSURE: I have a tendency to underestimate distances and, as a result, end up on endless - albeit often enjoyable - drives. Is it practical to keep one base between MSM and the Normandy beaches without subjecting my wife to 4 hours in the car? also, I HATE tolls roads.

We would budget 4 or 5 nights in the West and the rest in Paris (with, likely, Paris at the end of our stay).
      Any suggestions, guidance or opinions solicited (and appreciated, in advance).

more
    • English speaking tour guide in Limoges

Limoges Jul 6, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Hi, can anyone recommend an English speaking tour guide, who is happy to lead a group of 8-10 around the city sites for 2-3 hours late September?
      Plus, does anyone have details of boat trips in Limoges late September for 8-10 people please?
      Thanks in advance. :)

more