change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Avoiding Crowds on Seorak Trails on Autumn Weekday

South Korea Yesterday

Hi Friends,

I am looking at 2 days of hiking/walking in Seorak during peak autumn season end of this October 2015. I would really like to plan such that I can avoid or minimize crowd contact.. I'm planning for weekday hikes but I hear there'll still be plenty of people. What are the best ways to avoid crowds?

I'm thinking of doing (1) Cheonbuldong trail (a very popular one); (2) the Gwongeumseong Fortress (with help of cable car - want to avoid long queue) and (3) Jujeongol Valley (Yongso Falls) - Osaek. I'm open to consider taking other less busy trails.

Is the following a good plan:

(1) go very early in the morning to get the cable lift up to Gwongeumseong (how early should I go to beat the crowd?),

(2) upon descend late morning, travel to Osaek (by rented car) to do the Jujeongol Valley trail for an afternoon hike (assuming it's less crowded at this time?) Is this trail open in afternoon ? I read somewhere it closes at 2pm - how true is this?)

I'm assuming Cheonbuldong will be teeming with people by the time I descend so it might not be good idea to do this late morning or in afternoon.

If this is possible, I could try another early morning for Cheonbuldong and hope for the best.

Any advice and thought is most appreciated!

Thanks!

more
    • Gym in or around Jongno district?

Seoul Apr 16, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know about my chances to find a nice gym as close as possible to Hyewha dong, Jongno-gu, where it is possible to pay for each single workout by cash or credit card. You know, I'll be on holiday in Seoul for just three weeks in May and June, so there's no point entering into a contract with a local studio during my stay.

I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Best regards,
      Thomas

more
    • Places to live

Kunsan Apr 10, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Hey I have been offered a position at Kusan AFB as a Civilian employee. I was wondering if there is website where I can find picture and profiles of possible living arrangements in the Kusan area (close to base). I guess I was expecting the Korean version of realtor.com...LOL

more
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

bus timing of limousine bus from incheon airport to Gyeongju

Seoul Apr 20, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Hi, does anyone know the timing of cross country bus from incheon airport to Gyeongju?
      Btw, is Gyeongju & Kyongju the same place but just different spelling?
      Thanks,
      Rebekah

more

Bus timing of limousine bus from incheon airport to Gyeongju

Kyongju Apr 20, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Hi, does anyone know the timing of cross country bus from incheon airport to Gyeongju?

Btw, is Gyeongju & Kyongju the same place but just different spelling?

Thanks,
      Rebekah

more
    • Chasing Korean Autumn Colours 2015

South Korea Apr 20, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Hi Friends,

I will be in Korea from 20 Oct to 3 Nov 2015. The purpose of my trip is mainly to catch the autumn peak colors. It's hard to predict nature with certainty, I know. Peak foliage in 2013 & 2014 was forecasted consistently around 19th Oct in Seorak, the first place where autumn colours peak in Korea. The south is later.

I have 2 options and would appreciate advices on which is a better option to maximize my chance of seeing peak colors:

Option 1: be in Seoul (21-24th Oct); Seorak (25-27th Oct); Juwangsan (28th Oct); Jirisan (1st Nov)

- if Seorak's peak is around 19th Oct or a week earlier, how long would they hold? Will it still be spectacular by 25-27th Oct?

OR

Option 2: Seorak (21st-23rd Oct); Juwangsan (24th Oct); Jirisan (27th Oct); Seoul (28th-2nd Nov)

- if the Seorak's peak foliage is a week late, I suppose I would miss the entire autumn peak show? Or will the pre-peak colors still be spectacular?

Actually, it'll be my first time experience with autumn colors, so I don't really know how the leaves transform. If I am there a week or a few days before peak foliage, would it still be a colorful scene? Will there be big splashes of red already..? Does a few days or a week make so much difference to the colors?

I know it's not an easy question, but I welcome any views. Really hope to hear some advices here.

Many thanks!

more

Happy guesthouse in andong

Andong Apr 20, 2015 at 2:13 AM

I read very good review about this guesthouse on tripadviser.
      However, I could not find any online websites to book it?
      Does anybody stay here before? Do I need to call to book instead?
      Can I email them?

Thanks.

more
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

south korea in 3 or 4 weeks?

South Korea Apr 2, 2015 at 3:16 AM

hi

i want to visit south korea in march 2016, i can spend 3 or 4 weeks, i want to start and end in Seoul(or is it better to end in the south?)

do you you have advise on how many weeks, and then the itinerary? i am interested in korean culture, no beaches,

thanks for your time

Joan

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where can i sleep for free at Incheon Airport from 3 am to 7 am?

Incheon 17 hours ago

Is it easy to find a place in Incheon Airport to sleep for free from 3 am to 7 am without stepping into Incheon Airport Transit Hotel or transit area? Is it true Spa On Air is fully-booked after 2.25 am? The hotels outside the airport are very expensive too.

more

Eating alone in Seoul

Seoul Apr 15, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Hi, I would like to ask about eating alone in Seoul restaurants. I may be travelling alone in June, & would like to know whether any bbq restaurants would serve single diners.

Thanks.

more
    • Busan to Gyeongju

Kyongju Apr 13, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Hi, I'm planning a day trip to Gyeongju from Busan. What is the best way to get to Gyeongju from Busan (Seomyeon area)? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

About Hotel Sky Incheon

Incheon 17 hours ago

Does this hotel sell breakfast?

more
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

trains in south korea

South Korea Apr 11, 2015 at 8:59 AM

does anybody know if you get better prices, by buying train tickets online weeks before departure?
      thanks for your time
      Joan

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can passengers sleep at Seoul-Incheon airport public area?

Seoul Apr 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Can passengers sleep at Seoul-Incheon airport public area without booking a hotel or a lounge? On one day overnight trip only to Seoul-Incheon with HK Express from Hong Kong.

more
    • Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival 2014

by hrasuarez Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Hi! I am planning to go to Jinhae Festival on April 6 (Saturday) and wonder if someone could help me with my questions:

1. Is it advisable to stay in Jinhae for one night? Or is one day of tour enough?
      2. Where can I get a hotel/hostel/inn that is near the festival?
      3. Are there buses that leave Jinhae going to Changwon at around 19:00? I will need to catch a train in Changwon going to Seoul at 19:54, but the trains from Jinhae to Changwon have a different schedule.

Thanks and appreciate your response. :)

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 4:58 AM