Chincoteague

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake Maury Turtles

Newport News Apr 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We want to visit Newport News when the Lake Maury turtles become active this spring. Can you tell me if they are active now or when they might be expected to be ? We like to watch them from the footbridge near the Mariners Museum...and visit the museum as well and dine on wonderful seafood in Newport News. Thank you, Gregory

more
    • shuttle service or car and driver

Norfolk Apr 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Is there a shuttle service from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester ? Or is there any other way to travel to these places other than driving.

more
    • Road trip from Cleveland OH to Chincoteague

by kd2frei Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I will be traveling this summer from Cleveland OH to Chincoteague with my 12 year old daughter and a visiting aunt and uncle from Germany. We will end up in Chincoteague but are looking at some fun, interesting places to stop on our way there. The relatives have already seen Williamsburg and DC, so we are looking at other things to see/do on our way to Chincoteague. We could travel south through Virginia (this takes longer though), or east through PA and then through MD. Any thoughts you could give would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    • coffee mugs

by dianawhitman1 Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I bought some cute coffee mugs that were a solid color with a dot on the top handle. I would like to know if they are still sold, and how I can buy a couple more since we broke some.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2011 at 2:56 AM
    • Virginia or Maryland side of Assateague Island best for viewing wild ponies?

by Xenawantsapony Online Now May 20, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I am wondering if anyone knows on which side of Assateague Island we are more likely to see the wild ponies- on the Maryland side or the Virginia side?
      I understand that the ponies run wild on the Maryland side and are kept in 2 specific areas on the Virginia side. I don't plan on going during pony penning weekend (have been before and didn't see any ponies in the wild-other than those being herded across the bay- at that time).
      Also, I know they offer boat tours of parts of the island- is this the way we'd more likely see the ponies? I suspect this might be the case on the Virginia side but not necessarily the Maryland side?
      Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

2 Answers May 21, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    • Hermit crabs

by DrumGrl2010 Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Do they have hermit crabs out here in the wild????
      I would realy like to know if so where can i find them?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    • Chincoteague Island

by vandokerty Online Now Apr 20, 2004 at 12:02 PM

What kind of activities are available for teenagers on the island? We will be there in June

2 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM