1) Which gives a better exchange rate in Cusco, banks or money changers?
2) What are the areas is Cusco that tourists should stay clear of?
3) If we need to catch the 11 am train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, what time should we leave Cusco if we take a cab? How much is the current taxi fare between Cusco and Ollantaytambo, one-way? Or is there an alternative to a taxi, like maybe an express bus (same route)?
4) I understand that food cannot be brought inside Machu Picchu but what about water? Could someone verify that it is allowed provided that it's in refillable containers but not in plastic disposable bottles?
5) Finally, is it possible for Machu Picchu visitors to enter the Inca Trail in the reverse direction in order to view Winay Wayna? If yes, how much is the cost if any and is a guide still required for this?
Thanks for any responses!
We have found some buses that do Cusco to Puno arriving at 2 pm earliest. Are there any that arrive earlier in the day? We don't really care what sort of bus so long as its cheap and fast. (Local bus...?)
And wed also like to find a bus from Puno to Cusco that leaves in the afternoon, so arriving around 9 or 10. Just as long as this one doesnt leave in the morning and doesn't drive during the sleepiest hours, we want it.
Why do the bus companies only have early morning or overnight service?
I will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights and will hope to visit Machu Picchu but i can only book my tickets 2 weeks before i travel so i am wondering is there sufficient time for me to book the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu ?
I am heading to Cusco this April 11-28th. I was told to head straight to Sacred Valley after arriving into Cusco to help avoid altitude sickness I arrive at approx. 10:30am on Saturday and need to return to Cusco sometime Sunday afternoon. Is it worth spending the travel time? I will be doing volunteer work during the work, but have weekends off. Must go to Machu Picchu, do I need to purchase entrance/ train tickets this far in advance. I'll have a couple of weekends free which is when I plan to go to Machu Picchu and probably the Sacred Valley. Do you think I need to book entrance and train tickets in advance or can I organize it when I get to Cusco? Ideally would prefer to wait till I get there in case I want to change things around. Thanks!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|