Chinandega Travel Answers

change location

Road Map of Chinandega Provience

by Nowak Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 4:48 PM

I am looking for good road map of the Pacific side of Nicaragua esp the Gulf of Fonseca and roads between Managua and the Gulf via Chinandega. A good map shows all the roads and locations of gas stations and archeological sites ect.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Burlymon's Profile Photo

Re: Road Map of Chinandega Provience

by Burlymon Online Now Nov 27, 2004 at 5:59 PM

Randy Wood and I wrote about this in Moon Handbooks Nicaragua (Avalon Travel Publishing, 2003): The overall champion map of Nicaragua is published by International Travel Map (ITM), scaled at 1:750,000, colored to show relief, and with good road and river detail. They also offer an excellent Central America regional map. International Travel Map, 345 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Y 1P8, 604/687-3320, website: www.itmb.com. It's easily found in many bookstores and travel stores as well. INETER, the Nicaraguan Institute of Territorial Studies, produces the only complete series of 1:50,000 maps of Nicaragua. Produced in the 1960s and photo-revised in the 1980s with Soviet help, these are the most detailed topographical maps of Nicaragua that exist. They can be purchased from the INETER office in Managua (and occasionally at regional offices) for3 each. The Managua (main) office is located across from Policlinica Oriental and the Immigration office, tel. 249-2768. Tactical Pilotage Charts TPC K-25B and TPC K-25C cover North and South Nicaragua, respectively, with some coverage of Costa Rica, Panama, and Honduras at 1:500,000 scale. Designed for pilots, these maps have good representation of topography and are useful if you do any adventuring in the eastern parts of the country (far easier than carrying a stack of topo maps). Many smaller towns are shown, but only major roads.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Road Map of Chinandega Provience

by MarioDiaz Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 5:53 AM

I am also loooking for a good road map of Chinandega province.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chinandega