Travel

by Jacwellbaum Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM

What to see, I have 2weeks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: Travel

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Tough call - China is a very large place. How much time and money are you willing to put into internal airfare and travel.

One one trip to China we saw the highlights of Hong Kong, Macau, Guilin, Xi'an and Beijing, but needed 3 internal flights to do this (plus the overnight train from Xi'an to Beijing).

On our second trip we spent a full two weeks just in Tibet.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DennyP's Profile Photo

by DennyP Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Yeah.!!..you are correct..I agree with Grumpy Diver...two weeks not a lot of time for such a big country..mind you some of the trains now are "fast trains" and you can travel overnight ..saving a lot of time messing around at airports...two weeks I would go to Hong Kong, Chengdu (panda sanctuary ) also close by Leshan (biggest buddah statue on the planet) to Xian (terracotta warriors) to Beijing (amazing city)and finish in Shanghai..of course this is all down to how much you want to spend and what you want to see in your timeframe..make sure if you are going to Beijing and Shanghai...carry a few face masks as the air quality is absolutely attrocius and thats on a good day..I hope that something here helps your planning...safe trip..watch the pickpockets in the crowded train stations..!! cheers

• Poling's Profile Photo

by Poling Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:12 PM

There are a lot to see and in different time of the year. If this is your first time to China, I think Beijing is a must, though I don't really recommend it now due to the air pollution. I recommend Hangzhou and the nearby water towns for the scenic attraction. Xian for the rich historical heritages.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I am going to go out on a limb here.

I know you can both read and write, and you are well grown up as you had an 8 year old grandson in 2008. In the 45 questions that you have posted before on severasl different countries, make one thing clear, - you expect the nice members here to do ALL THE WORK. You have ben a member for 10 years, yet you have nothing on your HP, which makes it pretty clear you only take but give nothing. If this post was from a newbee, I would say nothing, but I have no use for a user, and I call'em as I see'em.

"Going to China for two weeks, what to see?"

Seriously?

5 members found this helpful

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I would like to be more chynical, and as you know fellows, its seldom I do it. The question has no sense, if OP has not an single guideline to us about China, we are waisting time to answer.

Wall of China, you can even see that from the Moon :)

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM

China is a huge country and the list would be a long one depending on everybody's own preferences. I could spare only 5 days for China and I spent it in Beijing. If I had more time, I would also visit Xian for Terracotta soldiers and Shanghai to see how the city developed after the Expo. You can visit my Beijing page for some useful info.
    "A monumental city" - Beijing by muratkorman

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular China Travel Answer Locations