China Travel Answers

change location

chinese visas

by woky Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

is it possible to obtain a visa to enter china with a one way flight as i plan to travel from beijing then across to Lhasa on the train, but ive been told that i have to be able to prove return tickets to obtain a visa

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: chinese visas

by Homanded Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Not at all, we have flown to China and then continued on to Hong Kong via ferry from Shenzhen.
    All you have to provide is proof of onward travel.

Homer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: chinese visas

by woky Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Would it be adequate if i prebooked the train to Lhasa or is it no entry to tibet from China still?

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

by blueskyjohn Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

woky wrote:Would it be adequate if i prebooked the train to Lhasa or is it no entry to tibet from China still?

If you are a solo traveler you would not be able to enter Tibet. Currently, two travelers of the same nationality must enter and you must have a pre- arranged tour. They would get your permit to enter TAR. Independent travel around Tibet is not permitted regardless of the size if group. Also the group size could increase or border close at any time. You just never know with Tibet, unfortunately.

2 members found this helpful

• cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM

For me in KL, the China Embassy never asked to prove of any airline ticket to obtain a Chinese VISA. They just need a photo and money$$.

For Tibet, blueskyjohn might have just anwer your question. !

Enjoy your trip!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular China Travel Answer Locations