Planning a trip to Kinmen from 5 Nov to 8 Nov.
Can anyone recommend hotel in Shanwai or near the Ferry Terminal (where we can catch the ferry to Xiamen)
Or A decent Hotel where there's eatery, shops
Had been to Taipei 10 yrs ago. Not sure what's happening with her nowadays.
We are doing the last minute home work...lol.
My gf and I are staying at ximenting.
We want to go to beitou for hot spring. There are many outlets offering this service.
Which company is the best??
On my "outdated" home work. Shopping would be wufenpu, Tain mu, tong hua, ti hua
What's new? And worth the visit for shopping??
Nightlife? We prefer the most happening clubs, pls advise.
Transportation issue !!
1)Taoyuan airport to Taipei at 11pm.
2)Easiest way to get to bei tou from Taipei.
3) to jiu fen from Taipei.
4) to wuling farm from taipei(1 day trip) is it worth to get a tour guide??
5) to baishwan from Taipei.
Thank you vters, cheers!!!!
I'm going to spend 5 days in the southern part of Taiwan, mainly in Chiayi and Kaoshing, and I am not sure if this itinerary works, so I wonder if I can get feedback or suggestions? Much appreciated if you can help me out!
from taipei travel down to Chiayi by high speed railway train ----> (do-able?)
March 22/2nd day
early morning, from a Chiayi hotel--->take Alishan Forest Railway to watch sunrise (Do you watch sunrise in the train?)------>I have to get to the visitor center on Alishan before 9am to join a 1 day tour for cherry blossom, dancing, tree hugging activities, etc------>return to the Chiayi hotel around evening
Chiayi to Lukang by high speed train---->1 day tour----->reutnr to Chiayi hotel
March 24/4th day
morning at Chiayi to take a 1 day tour up to Alishan for other fun things to do in the mountain---->return to Chiayi
At night around 7pm, take the high speed train down to Kaoshing (I think need to hop off at ZuoYing Station and switch to MRT to get off at Kaoshing MRT station? Can someone confirm this?). Stay a night in Kaoshing (no idea where to stay, so welcome suggestions!)
What to do in the day? Where to stay for lunch? I have visited Liouho Night market so I'm not going there on this trip.
Night----> Take high speed train back to taipei
Questions for Taipei
1. Where can I find a hair salon? Something not too expensive (best if it's affordable or at mid-range price) and I can get a stylish haircut.
2. There are so many branches of Ding Tai Fung, which branch is better? I heard there's one branch I must try, which one is it?
3. Looking for jewelry boutiques. I just want to get some necklaces for daily wear, nothing that screams a "statement", not looking for jade, not looking for any exotic that screams I got it from an Asian country. I'm just looking for something like they're from H&M or department stores, but of course not from these places, any suggestion?
4. Any website for lunch/dinner restaurants suggestions? A website that I can read people's review on dining experiences and food quality?
5. Looking to buy pineapple tart, which brand is good? buy it in taipei or in other cities (I was thinking how some food are better in some particular cities because the food are better known and made in those particular cities)?
6. Want to get Taiwan souvenir but don't want to buy nick-nacks. Is Jiufen old street a good place to get souvenir?
Questions for transportation
get easy card or railway pass? Does easy card let me take the high speed train, take buses? Railway has different passes, get the 5 day joint/express pass OR multi-ride ticket? OR get a pass for students?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|