Chile Chico

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cruise to Easter Island in April next year

Easter Island 3 hours ago

Planning on arriving mid April for two days then cruising on to Lima. What should we expect for weather both there and the following cruise to Peru? I know there are no guarantees. Just wondering if it will normally be warm enough to enjoy both parts if that journey, particularly the next 4 days at sea! Thanks for your help.

Tim

more
    • almanso's Profile Photo

what to do travelling with a 2 year old

Concepción Apr 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi, I just booked a trip to Concepcion (friday afternoon to sunday afternoon) and i'm travelling with wife and 2 year old son. i've seen that there is a big park with waterfalls within the city, the famous ship Huascar and the university area to visit.
      would you recommend any other place in the city or around that would be worth a visit (with a 2 year old)?
      i can see that the best recommendation to eat is in the marlet or around it.
      any bad areas in concepcion to avoid? any nice areas to book the hotel?
      Thanks!

more
    • Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • storyin's Profile Photo

local jewellery shop, artist?

Punta Arenas Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Hola,
      Is there any special, nice local jeweller, jewelry shop in Punta arenas?

Please recommend me, I would like to visit and buy something.

Gracias.

more
    • Trekking the W route in late April

Torres del Paine Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am a solo traveller looking to trek the W route from 24-28th April and wanted to ask if it is best to book refugios in advance? Many of them seem to have finished for the season (or floes on the 30April) and it's hard to see what I will need to book. Do you think it is possible to book everything in Puerto Natales? Or is it better to book some in advance and risk only a few? I am happy to camp if that is the only option but would prefer a basic bed if possible.

Also this is at the beginning of a three moth trip and I will have a very large travel ruck sack. Is there somewhere where you can store bags before entering the park?

Help and tips much appreciated especially from anyone who has done this trip solo.
      Thanks! Vicky

more
    • resturants

Arica Mar 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

what are some names of restaurants in Arica Chile?

more
    • Is isla herschel sefty !?

Isla Herschel Apr 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Hello everyone :)
      Just I want to ask if its sefty ?
      And is there good places to visit?

Thank you ..

more
    • Earthquake info

Iquique Apr 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

M8.0 earthquake- 83km NW of Iquique,
      What is happening there? Are things ok?
      Can info from here in Canada be of any help?

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

more
    • Safety travelling in Chile

Chile Apr 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Is Chile a safe place to visit?

more
    • glaciers in chile

by marknlim Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Hi
      I was planning a vacation to Perito Moreno
      but it looks like my visa to Argentina will not be issued
      I do have a Chile visa tho....

so any chance i can see perito moreno glacier or any similarly awesome glaciers in chile?

thx for the tips

Mark

3 Answers Nov 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM