Chile Travel Answers

change location
Leedobrin's Profile Photo

Going to chile!

by Leedobrin Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Okay I've decided my next holiday is chile.i wanna spend about 6-12 months from around jan next yr.can anyone sell it to me?im already sold but I wanna hear some more!!!

Ta

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Going to chile!

by angiebabe Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Hi I had a fantasttic time in Chile a few months ago in Nov-Dec.

do you really mean 6-12 months?...if you do Id suggest that youd get a good coverage of South America in that time so not just Chile. but you certainly would be very happy with 6 months in Chile!
    If you mean 6-12 days thats a bit of a push as it would be an intro amount of time but I would recommend the full 12 days and choose options such Santiago, down to Valparaiso, a visit to a couple of Pablo Nerudas houses, a trip up the Andes and a 3-4 day trip to Easter island.
    ...depending on your budget.
    lake and volcano area from Temuco down to Puerto Mont is great and then Chiloe Island

down to Patagonia...Torres del Plaine...theres an excellent 3 night ferry trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto Natales or vice versa.

up in the north Atacama is an excellent base.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 2:58 AM

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:00 AM

u better have loads of cash cos Chile is the most expensive south american country.. n hopefully u knew some spanish (or planning to learn it there) as except those working in hotels or (high end) restaurants n the tour guides the rest of the country hardly speak a word of english... for 12 mths u could cover the whole of south and central america...

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM

found the Footprints guidebook very helpful - well a necessity to have a guide book with you but didnt get the LP for South America as quite a few write ins of the inaccuracies in the latest editin.

I did a tour through Peru, Bolivia and back to Chile with www.gadventures.com and they were brilliant, really impressed, awesome trip. great value - cheaper than other major companies.

- as thats some of the hardest parts of South America to get around - geographics, logistics and language wise - well worth doing those parts as a tour.

• helena2311's Profile Photo

by helena2311 Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM

HI!
    I am going there on a shorter trip in December and I am looking for a travelling buddy! Maybe you want to go tehre earlier?:)
    I speak chileno as well and know the culture, as I ahve lived there for a year during ym exchange year.
    Now I bought tickets there from 12 to 23 december, and on 21 you could have the opportunity to attend a traditional chilean wedding as well with me, as my host sister is getting married:)
    In Santiago I could find us several places to sleep for free as well, as all my friends are living there.

I have plans to visit Machu Pichu as well before the 21st, but also I could go to the south, torres del Paine to go hiking. Either way, plans are yet open, but I am looking for someone to share my adventure with!:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines