Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• EamonnK's Profile Photo

Diano Marino Beach

Diano Marina 19 hours ago

Hi
      I am travelling to D M and want to know if the beaches are all pay-as-you go ?

more
    • Bus Lines Servicing Neighboring Towns

Ascoli Piceno Yesterday

Is there bus service from Ascoli Piceno to neighboring towns--specifically Arquata del Tronto and Vezzano? Where would I find the schedules or is it so sparse an area I will need a car.

more
    • Diano Marina or Pietra Ligure?

Liguria Yesterday

Hi, I'm travelling to Ligura in August with my family (2 children, 3 and 6). We'll stay for about a week. We're booking late but there are still some places to stay and both of these towns look good - nice beaches, beautiful area. What would you recommend? Thanks!

more
    • San Gimignano Italy in November

San Gimignano Jul 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Looking at visiting SG from 18-25 November 2014. Are Christmas decorations up at this time?

more
    • Lunch in Rimini

Rimini Jul 17, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Would anyone recommend a nice restaurant for lunch near the water? We are three Americans looking to have a meal near the Adriatic Sea. Thank you

more
    • Things to du in the district of Livorno with kids (4 years old)

Livorno Jul 16, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hi,

We're a Norwegian family staying 2 1/2 weeks in the district of Livorno (Pisa 2 days, one week in Castiglioncello and one week in Bibbona) in July & August.

Do you have any tips/recommendations for what to do for kids here?

Kind regards Lise

more
    • Messori ready made men's suits

Milan Jul 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Does anyone know where there are shops selling these suits or ready made suits for tall(2 metres) men please?

more
    • Best driving route from Chiusi to Pienza area

Italy Jul 11, 2014 at 4:57 AM

Picking up a rental car in Chiusi and was wondering if anyone has driven from there to Pienza area, didn't want to start
      out in the dark for the first time driving. I see two posible ways on the map, but not sure of the terrain. thanks

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Best beach

Rapallo Jul 11, 2014 at 2:58 AM

What would you say is the nicest beach in Rapallo? There is a small beach next to us at the old Castello, very small.
      Thanks...

more
    • buses from lecce

Lecce Jul 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM

is there a bus from lecce to serrano, and if so how often?

more
    • Asti or Alba

Asti Jun 29, 2014 at 7:46 AM

For a day trip from Fossano by car.........Alba or Asti?? Any hints on nice short stops along the way?

more
    • The Search for the Multi-ethnic Section of Bari.

Bari Jun 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Where should I go to observe the most concentrated multi-ethnic section of Bari and where may I find cloth and post cards with a multi-ethnic flair in Bari?

more
    • FunLovinTourist's Profile Photo

Ferry options from Salerno to Positano

Campania Jun 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm going to be arriving in Salerno via cruise ship (Royal Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas) on 4 September. My plan is to take a ferry, first thing in the morning, from Salerno to Positano.  (And then after spending some time in Positano, take the SITA bus to Amalfi, and then finally a ferry from Amalfi back to Salerno.)  I would like to get to Positano as early in the morning as possible to maximize my sightseeing time.  I expect to be able to disembark from the cruise ship at 7 in the morning or shortly thereafter.

From what I've read online, there are a several options for the ferry from Salerno to Positano:

1. Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea (I believe these are the same thing), and this ferry departs regularly from the pier nearest Piazza della Concordia, but the earliest departure is 8:40 in the morning. I've read that a shuttle bus is available from the cruise ship to Piazza della Concordia.  This trip is advertised as 70 minutes.
      2. Alicost, which departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only at 8:40 in the morning (I wonder if this is a commuter ferry?)  I don't know how long this trip takes.
      3. NLG, which also departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only only at 8:20 in the morning, and is apparently a high speed ferry that takes 50 minutes.

Here are my questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is Molo Manfredi easier to get to than taking a shuttle bus from the ship to Piazza della Concordia?  I don't know exactly where the cruise ship will dock, and from what I've read online, the Salerno port is quite large.
      2. I'd like to be able to enjoy the ferry trip, and hopefully enjoy the view of the coast from the ferry.  It looks like the Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferries allow for enjoying the view with outside seating.  Does the NLG ferry also have outside seating?  Is it an unpleasant journey because it is high-speed?  I'd love to take a few good photos of arriving in Positano.  It looks like a stunning view from the pictures I've seen online.  I can't wait to visit! smiley

Many thanks in advance for any insight and guidance that you can provide!  Ciao!

more
    • livorno transportation to lucca

Livorno 1 hours ago

is it hard to get from the cruise port to Lucca? Can we catch a bus and do our own thing easily? for a day trip!

more
    • Bus from Siracusa to Pozzallo on a sunday

Siracusa 6 hours ago

Are there any buses from Siracusa to Pozzallo on a sunday for a 2.30pm sailing to Valletta?

more
    • Travel with busses in Mantova

Mantova Yesterday

Hello i am going to live in Mantova next year and i want to know about travel with bus where can i find information about it or do you know ?

Thanks

more
    • 4 days trip to tuscany

Tuscany Yesterday

Hi. i'm going on a trip to tuscany this thursday. I have 4 days. I've got an hotel in florence. I'll get there around 14:30 PM. So I thought I'd visit florence for a day and a half, day 3 - san gimigniano and siena and day 4 - lucca. I won't rent a car so I'll have to use the bus. Do you think these are the best places to visit in my 4 day trip? (I went to pisa in the past so i'll skip it this time). where can I see the time for the buses, should I buy a ticket ahead?
      also in florence I understand that it's better to buy ahead to Uffizi and Accademia. can I still buy it for this week? if I have to know exactly the hour I'd be there it could be a bit problematic... what do you think? thanks for any help

more
    • Travel to Torbole

Limone sul Garda Jul 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi we will need to go to Torbole for canyoning day this Sunday for 8am start,
      Could you please advise best method and poss cost?
      Thank you, Mark,

more
    • lockers at train station

Arezzo Jul 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM

are there lockers at the train stations

more
    • BUS FROM SORRENTO TO NAPLES

Sorrento Jul 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

STAYING IN SORRENTO AND WANT TO TAKE A BUS TO NAPLES. HOW MUCH, HOW LONG AND WHERE DO WE CATCH THE BUS?

more
    • villa opicina tram

Trieste Jul 19, 2014 at 3:06 AM

when will tram reopen

more
    • Positano, sorento, or Amalfi town

Amalfi Jul 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM

My husband and I are traveling to italy for the first time this September. We will be spending 5 days along the Amalfi Coast. Being unfamiliar with the area, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to stay. We will be traveling by train, coming from Florence. Any suggestions on what to see and do while there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Montenero di Bisaccia

Montenero di Bisaccia Jul 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I am thinking of moving to Montenero di Bisaccia from the US with my family. Do you think it would be a good place to raise a family and are there a lot of services.

Thank you

more
    • Problem in ticket booking from www.trenitalia.com

Italy Jul 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM

On 14 july 2014, I made ticket booking on www.trenitalia.com, for trip on 28 July 2014 from Venice (07.25) to Florence and inversely, from Florence (20.30) to Venice for 2 person. But, on the e-ticket I received by email, the date is 22 July 2014. Then, I tried to make a changing of the date by the facility ‘Manage your ticket’ on that website, I have changed the date from 22 july become 28 July, but the e-ticket I received afterward, by email, remain showed 22 July 2014 (i don't know what happen, did i do a mistake or there was a problem with the website? ).

Furthermore, I have called contact center. The officer (she) said that i could not make a reschedule or cancellation. In order to do that i have to make a new booking and after the new booking completed, the previous booking will be cancelled and refund then. Afterward, she helped me to make new booking for date 28 July 2014 (and it has been paid as well, so i have paid for two times booking). However, until now I have not received yet that new e-ticket in my email and the refund of the previous booking as well.

Today, i called the trenitalia.com call center again, instead of giving me the solution he blamed me for doing mistake while changing the date and said that i should call contact center to do it (while there is a room for customer to make a change through the website) as well as said that i have lost money for that two booking (2 x 138 Euro).

Anyone know how is the solution? Thank you

more
    • Possible wedding venue?

Costa Smeralda Jul 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Would Costa Smeralda be suitable for a small wedding party it's my daughters wedding

more
    • car rental in Chieti

by gerriberry Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Is there a reliable car rental agency near or at the train station in Chieti? Thank you for your help!

3 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    • Family - Chieti

by lolamola Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Planning to visit Chieti in the fall of 2009. Would really like to find my family living there and correspond with them before hand. Any ideas on how I can do this from the USA would be greatly appreciated. Family names: Passante, DiBenedetto, Scollo. Would like to correspond with someone in the area by e-mail. Thank you

• train and bus travel

by gerriberry Online Now Jan 16, 2007 at 11:51 AM

I know there is train service between Rome and Chieti, but I would like to go to La Fara di San Martino near there. Could someone tell me how to do so, please?

• Transportation

by jdchina Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 3:05 PM

What is the best way to reach Villa Santa Maria from either Rome or Chieti? Any advice would be helpful!

• Victoriam's Profile Photo

Travel between Rome and Chieti and Chieti Hotels/B&B's

by Victoriam Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Our US family recently found some relatives from Chieti and plan to meet and visit with them this summer. After touring Rome we'd like to go over to Chieti but don't want to drive. What is the fastest, safest, and most guaranteed way to travel from Rome to Chieti? Any specifics on who to call about this would be helpful. Also, what are some recommended hotels or Bed and Breakfasts to stay in the center of town in Chieti that are clean and convenient and won't require a car?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2006 at 1:07 PM