Chico Travel Answers

change location

parking in Chico

by cetta01 Online Now Mar 17, 2006 at 1:43 PM

I'm taking a road trip and stopping in Chico. I'm planning on grabbing lunch and then maybe exploring downtown. Is parking likely to be an issue? If so, does anyone have any tips about where it might be easiest to park?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: parking in Chico

by bevjerry Online Now Mar 17, 2006 at 8:35 PM

We usually go on the web and look up the municipal codes regarding parking if we're thinking of parking our RV on the street at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CelticSu's Profile Photo

Re: parking in Chico

by CelticSu Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Exploring downtown Chico is a great idea! Be sure to check out Bird in Hand on Broadway (not only do they have lots of fun things to shop, from unique children's toys to unique decorator items, but they house the National Yo-Yo Museum), and Made in Chico on Main (where you'll find a variety of items that are created by local artists and craftspersons).

As for parking: there's a public parking structure between Broadway & Salem, and between 3rd & 4th Streets; there's a municipal lot between Wall & Flume, and 2nd & 3rd Streets (that one is used up by the Farmer's Market on Saturdays, though). And there's a parking lot at the Transit Center, Salem & 2nd Street. There's also parking on the streets. Parking is somewhat more difficult during the week when Chico State is in session, but I have been downtown at all different times of the day and night and I usually can find a spot.

Hope this is helpful!
    Suzi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines