Chiclayo Travel Answers

change location

About Chiclayo Peru

by gonplaces Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:05 AM

I am an American soldier currently serving in Iraq.Since I have been here I have established a relationship online with a beautiful women from Chiclayo,Peru.The relationship is ready for the next step and I will be going home soon.She wants me to go and visit her and meet her family. My question is.In your opinion do you think it is safe for me to believe that the person I have been talking to is actually who they say they are?Is it true that these women in peru are actually as tierd as they say they are of the men in Peru,or am I being set up for a major disapointment?Is it dangerous for me to go to this city alone.

Quote & Answer
22 Answers
  • Re: About Chiclayo Peru

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:27 AM

My suggestion is you trust your instincts and go with the flow. Why not? Confuses me having an american soldier stationed in Iraq asking if Chiclayo, a small town in Peru is a dangeous place. I hope you have not lost your bearings in that war. Last week seven spanish intelligence officers were killed in Iraq... you may remember this... They would have gone to Chiclayo without hesitation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: About Chiclayo Peru

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:43 AM

I thought about replying exactly that... but then I did not want to add bad karma to the situation.. so I did not.. But totally agree.. I would not leave a weapon of any kind in this guys hands. Dammmmmit.. I would not leat this guy handle a pen in case he would drop the ink all over my desk.

• irisbe's Profile Photo

Re: Re: About Chiclayo Peru

by irisbe Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:57 AM

poor guy `-) such a replies but I would think a bit in the same line: if you survived Bagdad... why won't you survive a village in Peru? and I guess you should bear in mind, as for most online relationships, you can only find out when actually meeting. but ... am I right if I feel like you sound you go with already having some prejudices? Maybe you are not afraid of violence but rather of finding out a truth you would not want to know?

• Amazonka's Profile Photo

by Amazonka Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:09 AM

I think if you want to find the truth you'll have to go there... many people tend to be someone else while chatting on the net from what you actually meet in person... I think you have nothing to lose... if it works out well - good for you, if not - it's just another life experience... next time you'll be more careful Good luck in Peru

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:12 AM

He will end up not going. I bet you the seat of my bike he will find the perfect excuse.. something along the lines of cross/cultural differences between him being an american and the rest of the world... Something along this lines would be a good excuse.

• irisbe's Profile Photo

by irisbe Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:16 AM

so Yvan... if we should all be positive and say he should go will he be disappointed in this forum `-)

• irisbe's Profile Photo

by irisbe Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:17 AM

I iiiiiiiiiiiiii !oeps sorry for misspelling your name!

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:19 AM

Yvan sounds nice to me... I may actually change it..

• irisbe's Profile Photo

by irisbe Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 3:26 AM

but...I just got used writing Ivan! ok, I will leave this peripherical topic as it is... our soldier is still waiting for some replies on his question and I don't want to disappoint him with a dozen of red arrows and not one satisfying answer.

• donato1899's Profile Photo

Re: About Chiclayo Peru

by donato1899 Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 4:23 AM

A trip to Peru to meet a girl can't be too bad. Is she going to be as pretty as you think? who knows? Girls in Latin American countries do get fed up with the macho image guys there have to portray, either to please their friends or because they feel that is the way they should act. Small villages in Peru are not dangerous, you will be a celeberity when you arrive and the worse thing you will meet will be people thinking you are a rich American and will help them financially. Don't pay attention to the American hating replies above. God bless you. from, a former marine

by Ivan_Jimenez Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 5:08 AM

I dont hate america but I despise idiocy and mediocrety...

• irisbe's Profile Photo

by irisbe Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 5:15 AM

yes pls, don't turn it into a They hate us, they love us forum... you will prevent the original poster to find any advice. this forum might be deleted before he can get online again and the poor guy would not know why!

• besbel's Profile Photo

by besbel Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 6:48 AM

It seems to me that your doubt goes more on the reliability of this Chiclayo's woman instead of the safety of Chiclayo. For the former, I cannot tell because it's only you the one that can reply that question. It's impossible to generalize Peruvian women in one pattern, is very diverse. As for the city, and as a Peruvian myself, I can assure you that Chiclayo is a safe little town, with friendly people, so don't worry about it. However, keep in mind that Peruvians in little villages are more formal than those of the cities, so if you are going to meet your girlfriend's family, they may consider it as a sign that you want something serious with the girl (like engagement/marriage in short term). So, if that's not your intention, please think twice and be tactful, you may hurt people without intention. Despite this fact, I agree that if you go there you will only get benefits. Not only will you have the opportunity to visit a beautiful country :), but you also meet someone you met online. If that person is worth it, you will gain a true friend/girlfriend/wife and you are going to congratulate yourself for the decision. And if she is not, you are also going to congratulate yourself because you finally know that she was not what you expected, and could move on with your life. it's up to you. Regards, Flor de Maria

• MJB123's Profile Photo

by MJB123 Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:03 PM

OK Jason, let me first pay you the respect you rightfully deserve for leaving behind the comforts of home and the greatness of the USA to fight in a hot and in-hospitable country in turmoil. When all of us back in the states are sipping espressos at Starbucks and watching the Simpsons on TV you are helping to rid the world and the Iraqii people of Saddam's murderous tyranny and bring stability to that region--and the world. I salute you and hope you make it home safe and sound! Okay, now the girl situation in Peru. By all means go and follow your heart. If it is broken because things do not work out with her, I am sure that the country of Peru itself can mend it back up. The perfect cure would be to drown your sorrows in a couple pisco sours at some bar in Cusco and take a trip out to Machu Pichu. The picture you see of me was taken in Peru and, although I look crabby, I had the best time of my life there. I love Peru and think that it will be the perfect vacation for you after this bitter war in Iraq even if things don't work out romantically for you. Good luck and Godspeed!

• MJB123's Profile Photo

by MJB123 Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:20 PM

By the way Ivan Jiminez really is a great guy once you get to know him . I would rather have the criticism of Ivan than the flattery of an idiot. All right, enough trying to be peacemaker.

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo

by El_Sueco Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 4:27 PM

Jason You are young enough to make a mistake and start over again. The question I think is not what "these women in Peru" say or not, the question is if she and you can show respect for each others personalities and cultures and also if you both are willing to accept and learn about the other. Of course you can´t be sure if she is what she says she is, and neither can she. The only way is to get to learn each other. She wants you to come and see her and her family, take the chance! If it goes wrong, the only thing that has happened is that you have learnt something, not a bad thing! (If it goes wrong, don´t make it to a "major disapointment"!) Maybe marrying a woman from another culture will not make it easier, but if you accept that fact, it can be enrichening. It all depends on your personalities and wills to make it to a good thing. I think it basically is good to "mix up the genes a bit", and would not have hesitated to go to Chiclayo.

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo

Re: I'll go to Chiclayo

by El_Sueco Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 6:28 AM

Amazonas Just an impertinent question: How do we know who you are? How do we know we kan trust you? We don´t even know your name, nor your beautiful appearance. To us you are just an unwritten page. But anyway, nice of you!

• Alyra30's Profile Photo

I am chiclayana ...

by Alyra30 Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 11:25 AM

hi I'm from chiclayo, that's is my city.. It's small and beautifull... I can say that I know everybody there and everybody knows me, but there are places that are dangerous as everywhere, but look at me... I know chiclayo after me and never happened me something..... If you met a girl from there, we are sweet and really kind.. We love the gays who are not macho and interesting.. I dont know who is your girl , but maby we are not same.. You have to try, i can not say anything about the girls ,but about my city i 'm pretty sure , you going to find it : nice,warm and friendly.. and very few people speak english there ... Are you started learning some words in spanish mi amigo? Good luck and don't be afraid soldier!!! alyson

by gigi29 Online Now Jan 21, 2004 at 3:42 PM

Hi, I am from Peru. I recommend you to check out this other forum for more questions and answers. It is dedicated to Latin American Women. www.planet-love.com. Go to the latin forum. I think this forum will help you a lot. English is not my first language, but I understood you were referring to the woman you met online and the dissapointment you will have if all is a set up or she is not for real, not to the town. Good luck!

by monesta Online Now Feb 22, 2004 at 6:21 PM

Well i think you should came and see if she is the right girl.. Peru is not dangerous don't worry!..i but you need to know her and realise if you are interesed in her.. Good Luke :)

by Jaime57 Online Now Apr 26, 2004 at 9:54 AM

Hi. I live in Peru and I can share with you my experience, although you will probably think me cynical. First of all, true love does exist and this may be the girl for you. That said, I will tell you that it is (almost) every Peruvian girl's dream to find her "gringo". Actually the women compete on this subject. I am sure you will find her very nice and agreeable, and she will do nothing to offend you. Quite the opposite, she will be fascinated by you. She will probably invite you to her home. If you decide to marry her, within the year her relatives will be living with you in your house in the U.S., and you will either be supporting them or looking for work. Whatever you do, good luck. And, like someone else said, trust your instincts.

• george123's Profile Photo

by george123 Online Now May 11, 2004 at 11:38 AM

i have just heard from a female there and the first thing she did was ask me to send money .... i would be sceptical .... george

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chiclayo