Chiclana de la Frontera Travel Answers

change location

travel from jerez airport to chiclana

by ktduomo Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 11:51 PM

Please would anybody be able to give us information on travel by bus and/or train from jerez airport to chiclana. We dont really want to pay for a taxi as we have previously found andalucia transport very good. With many thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

RE: travel from jerez airport to chiclana

by hojasdehierba Online Now Oct 15, 2005 at 1:25 PM

I have lived in the area for some years and I don't really think there is another option than taxi... Sorry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

RE: travel from jerez airport to chiclana

by puerto_lover Online Now Oct 15, 2005 at 2:14 PM

The Cadiz Transport Authority are making progress with services around the Bay of Cadiz.
    For example, there will be a new fast catamaran boat serving Cadiz with El Puerto de Santa Maria and Rota. I think this starts soon. So getting from Rota to Cadiz could be easier.

As far as buses from jerez airport is concerned, I have read that a new service has started that effectively links Jerez bus station with the airport. The same service also links El Puerto and Cadiz.
    I think that it is a good idea to check this web site which has mmuch useful info about the transport links.

www.cmtbc.com

There is a PDF time table to view and print off for this Jerez airport link at:

cmtbc.com/07/adjuntos/Horari...

I assume that getting from Cadiz bus station to Chiclana is fairly easy. But maybe getting from Jerez bus station to Chiclana is easier.
    One of the biggest bus companies in the Cadiz area is called "COMES" and they have a web site for bus times which is certainly worth looking at:

www.tgcomes.es/

It is certainly possible to move around by public transport. But you need to be patient.

Good luck !

• RE: travel from jerez airport to chiclana

by floriana2 Online Now Oct 8, 2006 at 11:51 AM

There was a bus from Jerez Airport which will take you to Chiclana but it takes about 3 hours as it goes to Jerez, Cadiz and San Fernando on the way. The journey to Chiclana from the airport should only take half an hour by car. If you are staying in Chiclana, I would recommend a hire car or you will miss so much of what the area has to offer.

• RE: travel from jerez airport to chiclana

by Lis48 Online Now Oct 11, 2006 at 10:54 AM

I'm afraid taxi/hire car is your only realistic option. But there are plenty of English people living in Chiclana who offer airport runs cheaper than a taxi so ask wherever you are holidaying for help.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chiclana de la Frontera