Chichester Travel Answers

change location

Anyone else had a problem with Brimfast House?

by Disgruntled2 Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 8:01 AM

The plan was to travel to the Goodwood Revival last year. The bombing disrupted our plans. I cancelled a reservation with this establishment well within their stated terms (I gave them over two week’s notice, where their Website stated a full refund of our 110 pound deposit if given a week's notice). After the fact, they have altered their Website to state “no refunds available for Goodwood events.”
The ongoing problem is fully documented with copies of e-mails.
Neither Marion nor Charles of Brimfast House returned any of my many e-mails over these past months. Fraud Squad is next...
Anyone else had problems with them?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone else had a problem with Brimfast House?

by leics Online Now Apr 6, 2007 at 4:20 AM

I don't think the UK Fraud Squad will be interested; this would be a civil matter, not a criminal one.

If you are in the UK you should pursue this through the civil courts; the Citizen's Advice Bureau will advise.

If you are not, then I suggest you take local legal advice as to how you should move forward.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 7:48 AM

Rather a sweeping statement. I doubt very much whether living in (or being a native of) Chichester has anything whatsoever to do with how people behave, or how they conduct their business activities.

One cannot generalise characters or behaviours simply from place of origin, as any VT-er will tell you. Human beings are far more complicated than that.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Yes, I do.

And I am fascinated to know why you joined VT today specifically (it seems) to reply to an old thread.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM

It took you *4 years* to reply to this thread?? Crikey!

Your opinion of Chichester is no more accurate than anyone else's. I was simply intrigued as to why anyone would bother to join VT just to post such disparaging comments on a thread which was almost a year old at that point. I notice you created a couple of disparaging Chichester tips as well. You clearly have issues with the town, but that really does not mean your opinion is correct.

And...sorry...but after 4 years, your final comment simply makes you look foolish. Especially as I am not male. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines