Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• carnaval2002's Profile Photo

Urban nightclubs in Chicago

by carnaval2002 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Dear community,

I'm planning to visit Chicago in may and I want to visit urban nightclubs. Can you tell me what the hot places are I can visit and where they play urban music (R&B, Dancehall, Reggea) and where there is a mixed crowd? I'm looking for a decent place.

Thanks

more
    • Inside evening activities with kids

by jilly83 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We are coming to Chicago soon. It looks like the weather is going to be cold. What activities are available for kids (young teenagers) that are safe and inside?

more
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Sim card, text voice data

by sandranunes Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I Hi, can anyone advise me a Sim card I could buy in Chicago with good coverage also to New York without paying roaming? I just need it for 15 days.I´ve been researching and thought that Ready Sim could be an option, but they don´t have local shop in Chicago. I know if I buy it online, they can have it delivered to hotels but I would not like to do this way.
      Thanks!

more
    • Long layover at Ohare

by dweaver01 Online Now 22 hours ago

I have a 7 hour layover at Ohare on 06/06/14. I am looking for ideas for some quick sight seeing, and how to get around

more
    • please helppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fernandoreynoso Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM

if i go on vacation for 58 days how many nights am i going to stay

more
    • Long layover at Ohare

by dweaver01 Online Now 22 hours ago

I have a 7 hour layover at Ohare on 06/06/14. I am looking for ideas for some quick sight seeing, and how to get around

5 Answers 15 hours ago
    • please helppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fernandoreynoso Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM

if i go on vacation for 58 days how many nights am i going to stay

7 Answers Yesterday
    • carnaval2002's Profile Photo

Urban nightclubs in Chicago

by carnaval2002 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Dear community,

I'm planning to visit Chicago in may and I want to visit urban nightclubs. Can you tell me what the hot places are I can visit and where they play urban music (R&B, Dancehall, Reggea) and where there is a mixed crowd? I'm looking for a decent place.

Thanks

• Inside evening activities with kids

by jilly83 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We are coming to Chicago soon. It looks like the weather is going to be cold. What activities are available for kids (young teenagers) that are safe and inside?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Sim card, text voice data

by sandranunes Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I Hi, can anyone advise me a Sim card I could buy in Chicago with good coverage also to New York without paying roaming? I just need it for 15 days.I´ve been researching and thought that Ready Sim could be an option, but they don´t have local shop in Chicago. I know if I buy it online, they can have it delivered to hotels but I would not like to do this way.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Will the weather be warm(ish) late April/Early May

by Dek39 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Just looking at the weather and it seem real cold in Chicago at the moment, although we are not arriving until the 30th April, I was wondering if we can expect good weather by then?
      We are just wondering what to pack?? Obviously due to baggage restrictions ob the airline I dont want to pack lots of warm clothing and arrive in nice warm sunshine.

Thanks

10 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:34 AM
    • Pilsen area Safe?

by LynnieBnote Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 2:59 AM

I am staying in an area called Pilsen, I gather a lot of good Mexican food, art etc. in the area. Suggestions, advice, cautions would be appreciated.

12 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM
    • TambauRavelle's Profile Photo

Public Transportation Waukesha - Chicago - Waukesha

by TambauRavelle Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I will be at GE Education Center (GE RiversEdge Condominiums, N16 W22350 Watertown Road Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186), for a week Technical Training Course, my wife will stay with me at the Condo, because there is no extra charge. She is a painter (www.sandranunes.com) and for reasons related to that she wants to visit Chicago every day, that way , I am looking for an easy, safe, cheap, practical way, that she could go to Chicago, spend the day there, and go back to Condo everyday.
      I appreciate any help!
      Thanks !

6 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    • MortenMoller's Profile Photo

Connecting via Chicago O'hare

by MortenMoller Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi,

I'm to arrive in O'hare on an international flight at 5.40 PM at terminal 5 and departing from terminal 1 at 7.30 pm. Is that doable?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. kr, Morten

11 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    • Is it safe to go to the Chicago Blues festival alone?

by ljrutman Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I'm an inexperienced traveler with a deep desire to go to the Chicago Blues Festival. No friends are available, so I'm wondering if it's an okay trip to take alone. I'm not very street savvy, so am a little apprehensive. What are your thoughts? Any words of advice? Thanks!

LR

9 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    • How long will Millennium Park take?

by HaulinOats21 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi,

I will be visiting Chicago from DC in the Spring and I just wanted to plan an itinerary before I do so. The day I was hoping to visit Millennium Park was the same I was hoping to take a boat tour of the Riverfront. I was expecting to get to Millennium Park by about 2pm. From that time, about how long would it take to visit all of these things if I am not rushing?

Art Institute of Chicago (most likely 2 hours) - though I am thinking about doing this a separate day
      The Bean
      Cloud Gate
      Lurie Garden
      McCormick Plaza
      Wrigley Square
      Buckingham Fountain
      Jay Pritzker Pavilion
      Crown Fountain
      BP Pedestrian Bridge
      Chicago Cultural Center
      Grant Park

Would this all be do-able in about 4 hours? I figured they are all within yards of each other.

Thanks!

10 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Hotel near United Center?

by LillianK1228 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hello, can anyone tell me what the best hotel would be for a Blackhawks game? I'm looking for one close to the United Center, not a dump hotel, but something suitable?

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Airport conditions

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My step daughter is due to fly in to Chicago on Monday from UK.
      Just wondered what the conditions are like at the moment.
      I know we will be notified by our courier if there are problems but just wondered what it's like from people on the ground.
      Keeping an eye on the conditions from the UK but weather is too "generalised" to have any real idea

9 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    • chantalpineault's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants

by chantalpineault Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Hello Chicago people, anybody knows of any good vegetarian restaurants in downtown Chicago?

Thanks!

Chantal

5 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Hotel Felix, River North

by Dek39 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

We have just booked a five night stay in the Hotel Felix, River North. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so what are your thoughts? Is the location good? Is the area nice?
      Thanks

21 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM

apt from air b n b

by chantalpineault Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM

ok, now I am looking at two different apt from air b n b. One is in wicker park and the other is in old town, which location do you think is best? thanks!

6 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Chicago with a teenager!

by chantalpineault Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi all, I am Canadian and I will be visiting Chicago from June 27 to July 1st. I am looking to organise a fun itinerary for myself and my 16 years old son! He is very open minded and curious about almost everything! Any suggestions to make this mother/son trip a very fun time? (We will be staying in old town Chicago) :)

Thanks,

Chantal

12 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM

visiting chicago

by chantalpineault Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Hello, Im going to visit Chicago for the first time... Would it be better for me to stay in old town Chicago or the Ukrenian village?

7 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • ErlandasZ's Profile Photo

Chicago to LA

by ErlandasZ Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Hello,
      I'm planning my summer holidays (mid august to mid september). I'm planning to fly to Chicago from Manchester, stay there for 2 or 3 days, then rent a car and get on the road to Los Angeles from where I'll fly back to Europe. I'm planning this trip to take somewhere between 10 and 14 days, and I want your advices of what to see to make these holidays special! The only thing that I've got on my list is the Grand Canyon, but I want to see as much as possible in the short time that I'll have.
      Things that interest me the most:
      Amazing landscapes,
      Desert roads with nothing but cacti from both sides
      Small towns where I could feel like in a western movie!

Give me some ideas of the best roads to take, things to see and places to visit!

Thanks,
      Erlandas

8 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    • travmeubanks's Profile Photo

i have 9-10 days in march to do some travel! i want to drive westcoast

by travmeubanks Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

so im about 45 minutes out from chicago IL im a 24yr old male and have been seeking an adventure and have been really wanting to fulfill this urge to travel! I want to travel to the west coast ! By leaving from chicago what would be some of the best stops for me? i want to see national parks, monuments, beautiful scenery, things i would not be able to see in person in Chicago ha! i will be driving too!

5 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Chicago Hotel

by Dek39 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in Chicago? We are currently looking at hotels around the Chicago river. Looking at a decent hotel that is not too pricey. The Westin is a potential hotel we are looking at booking.
      Any advice?

21 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Chicago and Road trip

by Dek39 Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Hey there we are planning a road Trip in September. I have always wanted to visit Chicago (I am from the UK,and a Bears fan), and planned to spend around 5 days there. After that we are looking to go on a road trip.
      My initial plan is this - Drive down Route 66 stopping possibly at Springfield, IL. We then plan to drive to St Louis, MO.
      After that we plan to visit Nashville, TN, then onto Louisville, KY, then to Indianapolis, IN, before returning to Chicago to fly back to the UK.
      Would this Journey be feasible in around 14 days (Including 5 days in Chicago)? Also would anyone recommend alternative places to visit on the route I am planning?
      And lastly, can anyone recommend are good place to stop off for day between St Louis and Nashville?
      Any advice would be much appreciated.

12 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • PTKeil's Profile Photo

Christmas EVe

by PTKeil Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Hi, all. We have had a change in our 15 year traditional Christmas Eve plans (day and night) and are looking to do something special to create new traditions. We live an hour outside of Chicago. The break in tradition started last year, and we did a special dinner at home, but frankly it was rather depressing. It just didn't feel like Christmas to me, if that makes any sense.
      That being said, we've decided to shake it up. Looking for a start late morning to do some exploring, and then rounding out the day with a dinner somewhere special and then maybe see some lights? Lincoln Park Zoo is closed Christmas Eve. It will be hubby and I and two very late teens, with possibly grandma and grandpa who are both mobile and easy going.

So...
      1. During the day, what would be a fun thing to do? Where would be best to walk around, explore, etc. but with an eye on special Christmas traditions?
      2. Ideas for dinner? Obviously having to park only once would be ideal, so coordinating the day with the night would be great, but is not completely a necessity if it's something special. We don't want anything over the top upscale. I don't want to walk around in a skirt/dress/dress clothes all day long and look frumpy by the time dinner rolls around. We literally eat any kind of food.

I know it's a lot to ask, but thanks for any ideas!

13 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    • tanyalara's Profile Photo

Museums and pizza on a limited time

by tanyalara Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I'm visiting Chicago next week and have very limited time. What is the must-go museum in the city (I'm interested in all kinds of art, from classical to modern) and where can you get best deep-dish pizza near Magnificent Mile?

12 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    • family travel

by liketotravel16 Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM

nervous about safety travelling from western suburbs to downtown with 2 young children... any advice/comments?

8 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • mini-vacation to Chicago for 1 week

by liketotravel16 Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

We will be in Lombard with young family and wanting to travel into Chicago for 'day trips' - should we drive in or take public transit? We decided to stay in this area as downtown hotels/condos all booked or very pricey. Thanks

9 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    • lallarebecca's Profile Photo

Chicago hotels?

by lallarebecca Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I´m travelling to Chicago in late May and will stay 2 nights. I know that there is still some time left, but when I´m checking it seems that there is almost no availability on the hotels downtown/central Chicago, and the few that have availability are extremely expensive. Is something special going on from May 30 - June 1, 2014? Or will more rooms probably be available when we get closer in time?

13 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Architecture Boat Tour

by whistleshrill Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hi there

I will be spending 4 days in Chicago (13 Dec to 16 Dec, although) with my family which includes two children of age 8 and 10.

Initially, I had wanted to include the Architecture Boat Tour but it seems that they are closed for December. May I know if there is any other company which runs the tour in December?

If no, I am at a loss of where to bring the children as I need to keep them entertained with activities suitable for them. Zoos will not be on our list. Is there any list of buildings that I can travel on my own to see?

Currently, I have included the following:
      1. Skydeck
      2. Millennium Park
      3. Christkindlmarket
      4. Navy Pier
      5. Michigan Avenue

Please advise on any other places that I can include.

Thank you so much.

19 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • Restaurant

by sueharrington Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Is Szala's on Archer permanently closed?

5 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    • Arriving NOv 6 night until NOv 11 in Chicago

by sheriepurie Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Looking for recommendations for hotels downtown that are close to the top attractions in Chicago, We were thinking of staying at the Fairmont but see it had bed bugs in june 2012.

6 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 4:00 AM