Chicago

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Free Trolleys

by Brownsugar20 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Does the City of Chicago offer any Free Trolley Rides? If so, where are the boarding locations?
      Thank you.

more
    • Avoiding the Dan Ryan?

by gamegirl61956 Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Is it possible to avoid the Dan Ryan coming from central Il and going to Evanston IL?

more
    • msleddogtom's Profile Photo

can you use a tripod

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM

can you use a tripod when taking pictures from the hancock place observatory?

more
    • kathys2850's Profile Photo

Rush hour traffic

by kathys2850 Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

We are driving out of the city on Monday evening to stay at a hotel out near ohare. If we wait until 7-8 o'clock to leave will we miss rush hour?

more

Driving into city.

by kathys2850 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM

We are driving into the city from Wisconsin on Sunday morning the 6th of July probably around 11:30. Looking to avoid heavy traffic if I can. Will there be a problem late morning?

more
    • apuleuis's Profile Photo

Time to go to the Planetarium & Skydeck

by apuleuis Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I am planning a vacation to Chicago next month and getting a City Pass. This gives us access to Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, Willis Tower Skydeck and the Museum of Science & Industry. We're arriving Saturday & Leaving Tuesday so trying to cram it all into 4 days. So my question is, a standard family of 2 adults & an 8 year old, about how long does it take to go through the Planetarium (VIP entry) and the WIllis Tower Skydeck (Fast Pass)?

more

places for air show Photographs

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Im looking for a good location to take photographs of the Chicago Air Show... i dont have a powerful Zoom lens only up to 300mm and I'd ideally like to be away from the Sand on the beach any body have any suggestions??

more
    • where to stay

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM

When looking at where to stay what is the best area? Thanks

more

chicago skyline

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

best places to take pics of chicago skyline

more
    • Free Trolleys

by Brownsugar20 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Does the City of Chicago offer any Free Trolley Rides? If so, where are the boarding locations?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 10:19 AM

places for air show Photographs

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Im looking for a good location to take photographs of the Chicago Air Show... i dont have a powerful Zoom lens only up to 300mm and I'd ideally like to be away from the Sand on the beach any body have any suggestions??

12 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM

can you use a tripod

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM

can you use a tripod when taking pictures from the hancock place observatory?

2 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM

chicago skyline

by msleddogtom Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

best places to take pics of chicago skyline

19 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM
    • apuleuis's Profile Photo

Time to go to the Planetarium & Skydeck

by apuleuis Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I am planning a vacation to Chicago next month and getting a City Pass. This gives us access to Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, Willis Tower Skydeck and the Museum of Science & Industry. We're arriving Saturday & Leaving Tuesday so trying to cram it all into 4 days. So my question is, a standard family of 2 adults & an 8 year old, about how long does it take to go through the Planetarium (VIP entry) and the WIllis Tower Skydeck (Fast Pass)?

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    • Avoiding the Dan Ryan?

by gamegirl61956 Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Is it possible to avoid the Dan Ryan coming from central Il and going to Evanston IL?

1 Answer Jul 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Rush hour traffic

by kathys2850 Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

We are driving out of the city on Monday evening to stay at a hotel out near ohare. If we wait until 7-8 o'clock to leave will we miss rush hour?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Driving into city.

by kathys2850 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM

We are driving into the city from Wisconsin on Sunday morning the 6th of July probably around 11:30. Looking to avoid heavy traffic if I can. Will there be a problem late morning?

5 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • where to stay

by melbox91 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM

When looking at where to stay what is the best area? Thanks

12 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    • GreyGoose36's Profile Photo

Flying Toronto -> Chicago -> Tokyo -> Hong Kong - Short layover in Chicago

by GreyGoose36 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I was looking for flights from Toronto to Hong Kong in July and noticed JAL has the cheapest flights by far ($400 cheaper) than any other airline. Once I checked the itinerary I found out why. Every single flight choice for the special offer has a 45 minute layover in Chicago at noon on a weekday.

I called JAL customer service and they assured me

1. The 2 flights will be in the same terminal. 2. The gates should be close together. 3. I will not have to pick up my checked luggage and go through security again.
      4. If I miss the flight and it is the airline's fault, they will put me on the next flight they can.

I plan to call them again tomorrow and ask what constitutes the 'airline's fault' (how late does the flight have to be to be their fault?), but just how bad of an idea is this? Obviously this isn't ideal but it would be $400 cheaper. I'm not working in July so I wouldn't even mind prolonging my trip by half a day to a day if it meant me getting to my destination at no extra cost.

8 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • best spots to visit

by Vanessa_Maria Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Hi!I'm travelling to Chicago this fall and I was wondering which are the best and safest spots to visit there? Any recommendations would be very much appreciated ;)

24 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Boys tour in August

by sargentatarms Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Hello from England,
      I'm visiting Chicago with a friend and we're going to climb skyscrapers, eat too much food etc but also wanted to possibly hire jet ski's, do a helicopter tour and go to a shooting range. Can anyone recommend places for these? Really appreciate any help.
      Tom

4 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    • Best time for Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise?

by antuantuan Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

Would you have any suggestion for the best time to do the cruise at the end of July?

The following times are available:

10:00 AM
      11:00 AM
      12:00 PM
      1:00 PM
      2:00 PM
      3:00 PM
      5:30 PM
      7:30 PM

8 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    • Kelmacmar's Profile Photo

Consolidation

by Kelmacmar Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Hi, me again. :)
      My sons and I are leaving for our Chicago trip on Wednesday, June 11, and will be there until the following Tuesday. We're staying in Pilsen, but of course want to do lots of things that aren't in the Pilsen area. Among other things, we'd like to go to Lincoln Park Zoo, Grant Park, downtown (definitely the Sears Tower but not only the Sears Tower), Chinatown, Wicker Park, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Oh, and dinner at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba is a must. We'd also like to go to some cool record stores and stores (along the lines of the Alley).
      My first question is, since we'll be taking trips from Pilsen on the L and on buses, can you recommend a logical way to schedule our trips so we make the most of our time? Also, can you suggest any neighborhoods or spots that would be good for thirteen- and fifteen-year-old boys--and their thirty-nine-year-old-mom--into the punk/alternative scene?
      Thank you!!

18 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Bike trip.

by TomShank Online Now May 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Together with my mate, we are planning a bike trip. We are from Indianapolis and we and thought, that we go to Chicago. I searched the web for information on the distance and time our trips.
      I found for example:
      routeplanner24.com/chicago-i...
      but it is probably time to travel by car. Anyone knows how much time we will go bike? Thank you for your help.

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • Airport Transport/hotels

by January57 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Coming into O'Hare in August for 5 nites - what is least expensive way to get into city? Also, we don't plan to rent car so what section of city would be best to visit sites using public transportation?
      Plan to visit Wrigley Field and Verizon with White Sox, some museums and such - not interested in shopping, just getting local flavor of city by eating our way around the place.

9 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • martina94's Profile Photo

From Madison to Chicago

by martina94 Online Now May 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Hi,
      I'll be in Madison in June, I'd like to go to Chicago one day during my trip. Is it possible to reach the city by train from Madison?
      Thanks for answering

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    • Can I buy a t-shirt at District 1 Headquarters on 55 West Illinois Street

by lmc1977 Online Now May 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Hi there, we are travelling to the states to do route 66 and will be in Chicago for a few nights staying at the Hyatt place river north which is across the street from this fire house. I’m looking to find out if we can buy t shirts from them directly as opposed to the tourist shops etc?

4 Answers May 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Getting Engaged! Proposal location, dinner, & hotel help!

by JBomb107 Online Now May 11, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I am getting engaged in Chicago at the end of the month and I have been trying to plan everything for months but don't know enough about the city. We are going to Jack Johnson (her favorite) and Chicago is one of her favorite cities. She loves Navy Pier and has fond memories as a kid. One problem she explicitly said is she doesn't want people around for the proposal so that eliminates a lot of romantic places (the Pier, Sears/Willis Tower), I was thinking that maybe I could try below the Pier? If there is sand and no hobos there? Is that possible? I was thinking maybe setting something romantic up with flowers and champagne before hand suggesting we go down there and do that? But would people mess with that even if I said "Don't touch Proposal!" I would probably have the champagne on me.

Second problem is Hotels. I have been trying forever to find something classy and affordable which is impossible in Chicago in the summer. Perusing all the discount sites, GroupOn, Living Social deals and more. Hoping that the closer the date the cheaper they become trying to fill the rooms and they have but not by much. The rooms for the 2 nights would almost half of what the ring cost!

Suggestions!?! Thank you!!

6 Answers May 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Mother Daughter Weekend in Chicago - Suggestions?

by Ktrotta Online Now May 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I'll be heading up to Chicago with my mother at the end of this month to do the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, but we will be getting there 2 days early so we can check out the city. Over the course of the walk (39.3 miles!) we will be getting in most of the landmark/sightseeing part done, so I'm looking for things that are more something to do than something to see. Also, I am a total food nerd and would love to get some suggestions for a) a interesting, beautiful, yummy place to have a nicer dinner (pricier is okay, but not a requirement) and b) can't miss hole-in-the-wall type suggestions. We will be staying in Lincoln Park - we are going to try and keep the amount that we walk around the city to a minimum, but bikes and public transport are def. on the table.

Thanks!

4 Answers May 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Transportation

by huff222 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM

We are visiting Chicago this summer for a long weekend, staying at a hotel in Northbrook and going to a Cubs game. Should we rent a car or use public transportation?

11 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • connection time

by mohlson90 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I will be flying into Ohare from State College, Pa and my connection time is 53 minutes for my next flight to Las Vegas. Is that enough time?

4 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • Fast Track Immigration

by Traveller.99 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

My flight to Chicago is an international one. After landing in Chicago I need to catch a bus to Detroit. I want to know if there is a FAST Track Immigration for people with immediate further travel in US, just like the one at New York Laguardia International Airport.

I will be carrying the ticket to the bus along with me.

Thanks a lot in advance for answering my question !!

3 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Advice on hotels in Chicago

by MacedonianUK Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Next month I will be going to Detroit for 2weeks, I plan drive over weekend to Chicago.
      Now I have been looking at hotels, and I. Found very good rates on Westin hotel Michigen avenue.
      Address 909 North Michigan Avenue,
      Chicago,Illinois60611

Can somebody shed light on the area is it good, bad or anything in between..
      Hotel look amazing atleast what I can see on the website, but need to know how downtown is and can I walk in the center from the hotel or I need to use the L
      Many thanks

16 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • United Center

by MaryJoMyers Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I am coming from Wisconsin and do not want to drive downtown Chicago, where should i catch the Metro to get to the united center?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • Long layover at Ohare

by dweaver01 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I have a 7 hour layover at Ohare on 06/06/14. I am looking for ideas for some quick sight seeing, and how to get around

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • please helppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fernandoreynoso Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM

if i go on vacation for 58 days how many nights am i going to stay

7 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • carnaval2002's Profile Photo

Urban nightclubs in Chicago

by carnaval2002 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Dear community,

I'm planning to visit Chicago in may and I want to visit urban nightclubs. Can you tell me what the hot places are I can visit and where they play urban music (R&B, Dancehall, Reggea) and where there is a mixed crowd? I'm looking for a decent place.

Thanks

• Inside evening activities with kids

by jilly83 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We are coming to Chicago soon. It looks like the weather is going to be cold. What activities are available for kids (young teenagers) that are safe and inside?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Sim card, text voice data

by sandranunes Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I Hi, can anyone advise me a Sim card I could buy in Chicago with good coverage also to New York without paying roaming? I just need it for 15 days.I´ve been researching and thought that Ready Sim could be an option, but they don´t have local shop in Chicago. I know if I buy it online, they can have it delivered to hotels but I would not like to do this way.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM