Chicago Travel Answers

change location
floydly's Profile Photo

Hotel question!

by floydly Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I love coming to Chicago! We have always stayed either at the Westin across from the Cheesecake Factory (on Michigan) or in that area (Whitehall).. I'm coming to town by myself for a conference next September (yes planning advance).. My conference is at the Chicago O'hare Marriott. I'm trying to decide if I want to stay there (and whether or not it has easy access to Blue line) or somewhere else! I will be traveling to Michigan Ave of course for shopping and dining. I will also be traveling to Wrigley (one night game and one afternoon game..step son will be playing against Cubbies that week). If I stay close to the conference, I would want to make sure I had easy access to the blueline. I'm thinking of staying on Michigan so I will be in between the conference and the games. Does anyone know a good place close to O'hare that has easy access to Blue line if I do decide to stay there?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel question!

by Dabs Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM

There's a Springhill at 8101 West Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60631 that is close to the Cumberland Station which is the 1st stop past O'Hare airport, there's a Holiday Inn at 5615 N Cumberland Avenue, Chicago and the Chicago Marriott at 8535 West Higgins Road, Chicago. All appear to be very close to the Cumberland stop, the Mariott's website says it's .4 miles from the Cumberland station. Unless money is an issue, I'd stay at the hotel where the conference is at.

If you have free days then of course I would recommend transferring your hotel downtown, the commute is 45 minutes to an hour to get to the loop from O'Hare. Or if you'd rather commute to the conference everyday than you have a wide variety of choices downtown, I would look in the loop area as that is where the blue line runs, off the top of my head I would have a look at the Hard Rock hotel, the Silversmith, there's a Renaissance on Wacker, Hotel 71, Burnham Hotel, Palmer House and the Hampton next to the Bank of america theater (Majestic I think). The blue line runs down Dearborn but any hotel in the loop along Dearborn, Clark, State or even Michigan Avenue will be close enough to walk to a station on the blue line.

If you need more help let me know, I have to run, we've got tickets for Peter Pan tonight. I'll keep my eye open for other hotel options nearby :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel question!

by Dabs Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM

There's a Springhill at 8101 West Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60631 that is close to the Cumberland Station which is the 1st stop past O'Hare airport, there's a Holiday Inn at 5615 N Cumberland Avenue, Chicago and the Chicago Marriott at 8535 West Higgins Road, Chicago. All appear to be very close to the Cumberland stop, the Mariott's website says it's .4 miles from the Cumberland station. Unless money is an issue, I'd stay at the hotel where the conference is at.

If you have free days then of course I would recommend transferring your hotel downtown, the commute is 45 minutes to an hour to get to the loop from O'Hare. Or if you'd rather commute to the conference everyday than you have a wide variety of choices downtown, I would look in the loop area as that is where the blue line runs, off the top of my head I would have a look at the Hard Rock hotel, the Silversmith, there's a Renaissance on Wacker, Hotel 71, Burnham Hotel, Palmer House and the Hampton next to the Bank of america theater (Majestic I think). The blue line runs down Dearborn but any hotel in the loop along Dearborn, Clark, State or even Michigan Avenue will be close enough to walk to a station on the blue line.

If you need more help let me know, I have to run, we've got tickets for Peter Pan tonight. I'll keep my eye open for other hotel options nearby :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines