Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

more
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

more
    • Chiayi weather condition

by redshorts Online Now May 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Saw on news that taiwan is experiencing the Mei Yu season (raining) and there are landslides and flood in the southern part of taiwan and Alishan is affected too.

I'm going to chiayi and puli next week.

Anyone knows how's the weather condition at chiayi?

1 Answer May 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    • Alishan Forest Railway back to business?

by redshorts Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM

In a separate post in Oct 2009, it was mention the Alishan railway was damaged last yr.

Anyone know if the railway is repaired?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    • Alishan Forest Railway

by sonicadham Online Now Oct 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hi ,
      Can anyone pls update me with the current status of Alishan Forest Railway? i m reaching Taiwan on 30th october, and plan to stay at Chiayi on 3rd Nov, do a day trip to Alishan on 4th Nov.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    • Chiayi to Taroko Gorge

by babesally Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Hello

I am planning to visit Alishan and Taroko Gorge, will tavel to Chiayi from Taipei, visist Alishan. Can i go from Chiayi to Taroko Gorge, is there a direct transportation link? Or do I need to go from Chiayi to Taichung then change bus to Hualina, then from Hualian to Taroko Gorge?

And when I travel from Taipei down to chiayi, most likely will arrive in the late afternoon. Are there still buses availabel for going to Alishan? What time is the last bus from Chiayi to Alishan?

Many thanks

1 Answer Oct 20, 2007 at 7:33 AM
    • Marcialina's Profile Photo

Chiayi or Taichung

by Marcialina Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 10:09 AM

I'm comtemplating to stay overnight at Chiayi or head to my next stop - Taichung after returning from Alishan. Kindly advise wat can i do tat evening when in Chiayi. I need help in finding hostel in chiayi too.

• chiayi to Sun Moon Lake

by taimay Online Now May 4, 2007 at 5:23 AM

Is it possible to go by public transport from Chiayi to Sun Moon Lake? If so, which is the best way? Please help. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • Chiayi Hotel

by taimay Online Now May 2, 2007 at 5:31 AM

Where can I find a reason budget hotelin Chiayi which is near the train station?

3 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    • Chiayi THSR station to Chiayi Forest Railway station

by eggbravo Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 7:45 AM

I got this reply from THSR. Hope it will help those who intend to go Alishan.

Dear Mr. Lim,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation regarding our operation. Due to the large number of emails received and very limited staff, we apologize for any delay in reply.

If you wish to go to Chiayi Railway Station from THSR Chiayi Station, we suggest you take Chiayi City Bus which services the route. The route map is available here: yoyonet.biz/egoing/bus/wunch.... The time of travel is roughly 30-45 minutes on the bus. For detailed information, please contact Chiayi City Bus directly at 05-275-0895.

If you are visiting the Alishan National Park, you'll need to purchase tickets from the Chiayi Railway Station. The one-way fare is about NT399 and the trip will take about 3.5 hours. Currently there are two trains heading up the Alishan National Park per day, one at 9am and one at 1:30pm. Starting April 15th, only the afternoon train will be in service (except on weekends, both trains will be available). There are more information on the official Alishan Forest Railway website: http://railway.forest.gov.tw/.

Thank you again for your generous support and care. We hope the above information is helpful to your travel plans with THSR. Should you have any additional questions about our products or services, please feel free to contact us at any time. Your continuous suggestions and comments will be very helpful and valuable to us.

Sincerely,

Taiwan High Speed Rail

Customer Service Center

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 10:50 AM
    • Chia Yi -- Alishan -- TienHsiang

by yongleekeng Online Now Nov 3, 2003 at 9:41 AM

Am travelling independently around Taiwan from Nov24 to Dec3 with 3 families(10pax), and part of my plans is the lovely Chia Yi to Alishan Railway. Just some questions: 1) Is there any public transport from Alishan onwards to TienHsiang via the cross-island highway? If so, what is the frequency, timing and cost? 2) Alternatively, any possibility of hring a van for the Alishan--TienHsiang trip? 3) What is the latest condition of the cross-island highway? Thank you and best regards, Yong

2 Answers Aug 25, 2006 at 5:55 AM