We are 1 adult and 2 children 8/11 - does anyone want´s to share transport to Livigno?
My husband and I are going to Italy for he 1st time. We will have a 10 hour time difference upon arrival after a 15 hour two plane ride. We know we can take train and ferry to Bellagio, but are thinking of hiring a taxi service at much more money because we may just be too tired to navigate new train system, ticket machines, terminal, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on which one would be easier? Thank you
Only have one day to do this. Day trip in the morning from Milan to Como to Bellagio and then back to Milan the same evening. What is roughly the total transportation cost (e.g. train, boat, etc) roundtrip? Alternatively, there are tour operators online that sell this day trip for about $120 US dollars, that would save me the effort of figuring out all the transportation options. Does anyone know if this seems to be a reasonable price? Thanks!
We will be arriving at Bergamo airport in a few weeks and wish to buy two of the 7 day IVOL tickets for €41.10 each.
Please can anyone tell me:
1. Can the tickets be bought at the airport?
I know I can get them in Bergamo at the SAB offices or the train station but wondered if they could be obtained at the airport tourist information desk or automated ticket machines.
2. Are the tickets valid for the #1 bus from the Airport into Bergamo?
I know the tickets are not valid for the airport to Milan shuttle buses. I also know the tickets are not valid for the Malpensa train to Malpensa airport but cannot find any exclusions relating to Bergamo urban buses.
3. If I manage to get the IVOL tickets at the airport then do I need to buy a €2.10 ticket for a large suitcase when using the #1 bus into Bergamo?
This would be the case if I were buying €2.10 timed tickets but is included when purchasing ATB 24 of 72 hour tickets. I cannot find any info regarding the situation with the IVOL ticket.
We are travelling in a group of 6 and would like to rent a van from Milan International Airport and drive straight to Lake Maggiore in view of our luggage. We plan to stay in Lake Maggiore and use it as a base to go around. May I ask if this is a good way to go or is it unwise to drive a van in view of the narrow roads which is common in many European cities. Appreciate any comments and/or suggestions. Many thanks, Kathy from Hong Kong.
i am travelling to italy in march at following places -
1) from turin to brescia - what is best mode of transport - train or flight ?
2) from brescia to bologna - what is best mode of transport - train or flight ?
3) from bologna to modena - what is best mode of transport - train or flight ?
We will arrive from Switzerland at 20:00 hour 26th March 2014 for a brief 1 night stopover in Milan. The next day at 15:00 hour 27th March 2014 we need to get train tickets from Milan Centrale to Bordighera. Can anyone nice please advice us on, (1) The Trenitalia website stated that new member registration is only for residence in Italy. So that means those outside Italy are barred right?
While I was doing the booking on their website, somewhere in the process I notice they said “NO INVOICE WILL BE ISSUED FOR TICKETS PURCHASED by NON-REGISTERED MEMBER”. Does it mean that if we still proceed to book & complete the payment by credit cards, no Invoice, no acknowledgement & no confirmation emails will be send to us by Trenitalia to confirm our booking + payments ?
(2) On the other hand, if (will they?) only send to me a confirmation email or booking number ( instead of the original invoice for the booking) & I got it printed out, will that be good enough to show proof to ticket master when I board the train ? Or do I need to get it stamped officially at the Tickets Office first ?
(3) Is it better to buy the Milan Centrale to Bordighera tickets from the tickets vending machine or Ticket Office at Milan Centrale when we arrive on the night before ? Will it be very expensive, and could it be risky as it may sold-out ?
(As I compared the prices online listed for that particular trip for today’s journey is at €30 p/p while if I book 1 mth in advance is €15 p/p.)
Please advice & thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|