Travel Answers
Chiavari

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Weather in late September through mid-October?

Liguria Mar 23, 2015 at 12:48 PM

We are planning to go to Liguria either the week of 27 September or 11 October. I've read conflicting information about the amount of rain we might expect. Do you recommend avoiding this time of year? A little rain is OK, but we don't want the torrential rains.

more
    • best area to stay

Genoa Mar 12, 2015 at 2:48 PM

What is the best area to stay in Genoa. I need to catch an 11.00 am so preferably not too far from the railway station.
      Thanks

more
    • Recommendations for travel to Santa Margherita from Provence and more

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM

From 3-9 October, we will be staying a week in Vaison La Romaine, Provenece, then 9-16 October on the Italian Riviera. We currently have booked in at the Hotel Santa Margherita Palace. I have several questions:
      1. What would be the best way to get from Provence to Santa Margherita?
      2. My research indicates Santa Margherita to be well situated for day trips on the Riviera and to places like Pisa. Is this accurate?
      3. We prefer not to drive. Will we be able to get around with taxis, boats or trains easily, or do we really need to rent a car?
      4. For our flight back to the US, where is the nearest airport to Santa Margherita?
      5. Any other thoughts or recommendations?

more
    • Hotel in Cinque Terre or Levanto

Liguria Mar 30, 2015 at 2:11 AM

I´m going to Cinque Terre in the middle of May and has been looking for at hotel in one of the five villages, preferable Monterosso. But that was a difficult task so now we have been looking outside the park, ie Levanto.
      Is it okay to stay in Levanto or is it wrong decision to stay there?
      Is Cinque Terre easy accessible from Levanto? Is the Cinque Terre rail pass valid from Levanto to Cinque Terre? Is Levanto a nice city?

Anyone who have a hotel to recommend in Cinque Terre and/or Levanto?
      A hotel which is not listed on the big booking sites…

more
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful hotel

by buitensorg Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

We are looking for a hotel in Chiavari for one night in October. For 3 adults. OR an apartment? near the train station if possible. OR seeing we are taking the regional train from Milan........where would you stop for an overnight (having just flown into Italy) en route to Chiavari. thanks!

1 Answer Mar 27, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Local guide in Chiavari

by Judylaubscher Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 2:49 PM

We will be in chiavari for two nights in April with a view to taking a trip out to the site of a world war prison of war camp, Campo 52. Is there a local guide who would be prepared to spend a day with us on 11 April 2014.?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • getting to chiavari

by otellob Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 1:41 AM

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get to chiavari
      from pisa airport.
      thanks

6 Answers Apr 13, 2006 at 7:09 AM