Travel Answers
Chiasso

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One day in Locarno area, what shouid I give up?

Locarno Yesterday

I hope my whole Q will show.. Each time I write they are cut in the middle.
      On a 2 weeks trip to North Italy we have a few nights in Verbania on maggiore lake.
      I had in mind spending one day in Locarno area, I think my plan is too hectic; I need your suggestions what to give up…
      Travel from Verbania to Locarno – continue to Verzassca valley, till Sonogno at the end and back – with some stops to tour the valley , but not long walks.
      Then return lo Locarno, go to Madonna del Sasso by funicular or by car (is it possible? Is there a parking?) Continue to Cardada and maybe Cimeta stations, enjoy the view, maybe make short hikes, return to the Church and explore it, then descend to the city and take the Centovalley Train route but do it by car,,,up to Domodossola, and from there return to Verbania.,
      The original plan was to take the train to Sta Maria Maggiore and back, but I read recommendations of doing it by car, easier to stop at any village and tour around without waiting for the train, and in the end returning directly to Verbania. No need to do the way back again to Locarno. The driver is a very good one.
      This whole plan is more than 4 hours by google maps, it might be too much for one day so :
      Shall I give up Verzasca ?
      Give up the Madonna del Sasso or the Cardada (we'll have plenty of funicular and high mountains in Italy)
      Centovalley road?
      If I shall do it , by car or by train…if I choose train I certainly need to cut other places, it will take a cupple of hours.
      Visit Ascona instead of some other place?

I'm not going to purchase the swiss permit for motorways, so take that in count. (it's not worth for a cupple of hours) I can't go on motorways – and I sure hope I didn't plan a road including them , I thought I didn't.
      The area norther of Verbania Villa Taranto, Cannobio, Santa Ana canyon is for another's day plan.

more
    • where to propose in lugano?

Lugano Jul 25, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Staying at the Villa Sassa in Lugano and need to quickly discover a romantic secluded place to propose, she has already warned me never to do this in a restaurant or in front of other people hence the secluded requirement.
      I went into town down by the lake today and thought that i would discover somewhere appropriate and I have not.... any recommendations?

more
    • the Centovalli railway.(Swiss) ...by car?

Locarno Jul 26, 2015 at 10:49 AM

I'll be travelling the lakes area and Dolomites in Italy. From Verbania on maggiore lake we had in mind touring a day the Locarno area. Verzasca valley, Locarno - madonna del sasso, cardada, cimetta, and at last do the Centovalli road from Locarno To Sta Maria Maggiore, and then rerturn to Verbania. I thought I had to do it by train...and wait...and go back and forth. Then I read somewhere that it is possible to take that road by car too... .Is this correct? Is it the same view? Is it very hard to drive? or very dangerous? This way it's quicker to see the places on the way without waiting for the train on each stop, and we can travel back from Sta Maria de maggiore and not having to go back again to Locarno . I didn't find it in any book or article, but people wrote they have done this and that it's a good idea. What do you say about this option?

more
    • Try again: "Souvenirs with the Chiasso logo, or Futbol Chiasso clothing"

by Wanttobethere Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM

This is a repost, because for some reason, the original was erased!

The question is: where is the best place to purchase a coffee cup, or polo shirt, or hat, etc., with the Chiasso, Switzerland logo? I will be in Chiasso on a Sunday afternoon in the next few months, so the purchase might have to be via the Internet if the stores are all closed.

A member here DID reply to the first post, since I even got an email notice of it. But when I tried to follow the link back to the reply, it did not work, and I also discovered my post and the reply had been erased.

So, to the person who initially responded, or anyone else who might know, please try again.

Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    • Kajser-MK's Profile Photo

USB tennis challenger

by Kajser-MK Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Anyone knows where to find the courts where USB S.A. tennis challenger will take place.
      Is it in the town or outside?