Chiapas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to get from San Cristobal Chiapas early in the morning

by KathleenC608 Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

We are having a hard time finding transportation very early in the morning from San Cristobal to the Tuxtla airport. The same thing late in the evening getting to San Cristobal. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like everything shuts down early and late. I have heard there are cabs, but how expensive would an hour ride and how dangerous in the wee hours?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • Looking for native Mexican culture for Photography

by kabhatti Online Now Nov 13, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Hi all, I'm a photojournalist looking to capture real culture of people around the world. With Mexico so close to the USA, I thought I'd give that a try. From my research on the web, it seems that Chiapas is one of the places where I may find Mexicans in their natural habitat. If so, what Airport would you recommend I fly into from USA and also I prefer to drive for greater freedom.

Your thoughts and advice for finding the best culture for photography.

thanks,
      Kabhatti

9 Answers Jun 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    • Gude to Laguna Miramar

by wilderone Online Now Aug 27, 2003 at 5:12 PM

We will be going to Emiliano Zapata to hire a guide, possibly a porter, and rent a canoe for a trek to Laguna Miramar. Does anyone know where, in E. Zapata, to contact the guides? How much would they charge per day? Would anyone happen to have a phone number, name of a guide or other specific information so that we could secure a guide before we get to E. Zapata? Thanks for any info.

1 Answer Oct 14, 2003 at 4:57 PM