Chiang Rai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hire car and driver

by ratnambala Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I want to hire a car and driver to take four people go sight seeing for three days in May 2014. Thank you

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • chang rai to Laos

by glen.cherry Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Could some one help with info on buses from Chang Rai accross the new bridge into laos and then on to the 2 day boat trip to Luang Prabang

regards
      Glen

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

To book driver in advance or to join tour?

by doraem66 Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have 2 days in Chiang Rai, would like to F&E on the first day and have a day tour on the second day.
      I will be going alone or maybe with another friend in Jan 2014..

Should I just walk in to join a tour there or to book a driver in advance?
      Saw some forums booking a private driver/ guide cost near 4000THB?
      How much will it be if I book the day tour there?

I'm interested to see Mae Salong tea plantation, White Temple, Black House, if possible add in a river raft.
      Is 2 days sufficient in Chiang Rai?
      I may be able to stretch another day in Chiang Rai.

Currently I have Chiang Mai 4 days, Mae Hong Son 1 day, Pai 1 day, Chiang Rai 2 days.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    • Travel agency for trips around

by zvikamonar Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I will be gretfull for any help Planning my visit around. 3 People.

I want mostly take photos and video of Nature animals , Nature reserves,Special tribes.

around 7 days in Thailand January

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    • where places i can explore at chiang rai with small time (just 5 hours)

by viroez Online Now May 15, 2013 at 3:01 AM

from chiang mai - chiang rai (take a bus),
      take bus at 9am - 12 pm ( interval distance 3 hours?? it's right??)
      after reach chiang rai, want to go wat rong khun/ white temple.

and after that, my first planning is go to golden triangle (but i read, thats take 3 hours from chiang rai to chiang sen?? is't true??)...the problem, i must go to chiang mai with the last green bus at 5.30 pm

can i still go to golden triangle??? with that time???

if i can't go to golden triangle,
      can anyone give recomen what interesting or unique places i can go at chiang rai, with my little bit time...

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    • Baan Malai

by trusmibatik Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

could any VT possibly help me with the email address of the Baan Malai Guesthouse, please?

thank you for your kind assistance

2 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    • Nishk87's Profile Photo

Travelling around Chaing Rai

by Nishk87 Online Now Oct 12, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Hiya,

what's the best way to travel round CR? And what's the best option to get from the airport to my hostel in the town centre, are there taxi's available? Any idea on how much ot should cost me?

Thanks!

• Nishk87's Profile Photo

Hostel Reccommendations Please?

by Nishk87 Online Now Oct 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Hello! Can anyone suggest any good hostels to stay at whilst in Chiang Rai?

Thanks!

• travelingcebuano's Profile Photo

Green bus scheduel from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

by travelingcebuano Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Hi all, I recently checked the Green Bus website. Unfortunately, it wasn't in English. Does anyone know (roughly) the schedule of the buses leaving from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai? Is it often (like every 30 minutes?)

Any information will be a big help!
      Many thanks!

1 Answer Sep 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    • Hill Resort or somewhere natural

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Hi

WOndering if anyone has suggestions of a good place for accommodation in Chiang Rai. There in mid dec. Would like a hillside resort OR something natural.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    • transport Chiang Rai - Chiang Kong

by miekecoeman Online Now Feb 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I'd like to have any idea of cost/price for transport in a private car (comfortable and ac ) for 4 persons in july
      thanks in advance

2 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 11:11 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Bus Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

by yvr Online Now Feb 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Will be arriving tomorrow Tuesday in Chiang Rai and after a brief visit wish to continue on to Chiang Mai in the same day, is it difficult to obtain a one way bus ticket on the same day of travel?

2 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM
    • golden triangle to laos

by vtecturbo Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Hi

can anyone suggest if going to laos after visiting golden triangle? is it near?

wats the form of transport? How long it takes and where to visit in laos for shopping?

have to complete within 1 day.

thks for advise

1 Answer Jun 22, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    • stscreen's Profile Photo

wat rong khun

by stscreen Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Hi,

Is it easy to get tuk tuk from wat rong khun to chiang rai city?
      Thank you.

5 Answers Oct 3, 2011 at 3:55 AM
    • Crossing the border into Laos/Myanmar

by ikira Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Hi Vts,

I will be visit Chiangrai in march.
      Thinking of crossing the border either into myanmar or Laos for 1 day tour at border. Any recommendation?

For myanmar, is mae sei, worth to spent 1 full days with overnite there?
      I have no idea regarding Laos side.

Please help.

Thanks

6 Answers Jan 9, 2010 at 2:38 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Golden Triangle Tour

by yvr Online Now Nov 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Looking for a tour operator in Chiang Rai that offers one day tours to the Golden Triangle, I know there are many to choose from but would like some recommendations from those that have taken such a tour with a local agency.

3 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    • Thai visa renewal

by olivegroves Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM

how much will it cost to go to laos and get my visa stamped again ,do you get it at the border or do you have to get one before you enter Laos? or is there a cheaper alternative to go to Burma pherhaps?.

2 Answers Jun 4, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    • frugal flustered farang

by olivegroves Online Now May 22, 2009 at 12:51 AM

how much is the correct fare by tuk tuk or taxi to the centre of Changrai from bus station where the guest houses are so I dont get ripped off, and can you recomend a cheap guest house around 250 baht?

5 Answers May 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

going to Chiang Rai airport from Bangkok airport

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM

what are the options of going to chiang rai airport from bangkok? The fastest, if possible. I'm planning to go to Laos, and I'm thinking of taking a flight from Manila, then to Chiang Rai (stopover in Bangkok).

3 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    • Hotel Suggestions?

by cl3150 Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 5:42 AM

I will be in Chiang Rai in early February and would like to get some suggestions for a nice, well-located hotel. So far, I have looked at the Legend, the Anantara, the Dusit, the River House, the Suanthip Vana, and the Golden Pine on the Internet, and they all look nice. Any feed-back based on personal experience would be very helpful. If there are others that you would recommend, I would like to hear about them, as well.

Thank you.

1 Answer Dec 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • Chiang Rai trekking tours

by Vim_P Online Now Nov 25, 2008 at 7:46 AM

i am currently in bangkok looking to go to Chiang Rai for 2 days, just wanted to know of some treks you have been on lasting a day. cost, duration etc. also looking to go the golden traingle. did you have your hotel arrange it all for you.

• inbavaria's Profile Photo

Driver from Chiang Rai Airport to Imperial Golden Triangle Resort

by inbavaria Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 8:45 AM

Hi,
      we will arrive in Chiang Rai on 276 December at around 7.30 p.m. and will need transportation to the Imperial Golden Triangle Hotel. Could anyone make recommendations about a reliable driver to pick us up at the airport? Help will be greatly appreciated.
      Regards,
      Jerry

1 Answer Dec 19, 2007 at 8:28 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

goin to Laos

by stamoz Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 4:22 AM

hello everyone, i'm kindly requestin for your help to getsome advise cuz i need to know which is the closest Laos border city to Chiang Rai, although I'm stayin at Pai, Thailand; I'm takin a bus to Chiang Mai then Chiang Rai to finally get to Laos. The reason is to spend a couple of days there and to restamp my thai visa..,any kind of suggestion regardin this is welcome, thank u

3 Answers Nov 12, 2007 at 4:47 PM
    • xray99's Profile Photo

Pre-visit meds for Northern Thailand

by xray99 Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Are the recommended vaccinations for travel to this area different from down south? Also: has anyone traveled over the border to Myanmar here since the "troubles" a few weeks back?

5 Answers Nov 21, 2007 at 8:19 PM
    • 3 Nights in Chiang Rai during Loy Krathong - What to do and where to go ?

by simpletravelling Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 2:40 AM

Anyone know when is the Loy Krathong and how is it celebrated in Chiang Rai ?

With 3 nights, where shall I go around Chiang Rai that is easily done with local transport ?

Which are the best nearby towns to visit in a day or overnight trip ?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:05 AM
    • travel tothailand and burma

by cmadri Online Now May 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

hello
      I will appreciate yo to tellme if its possible to go driving or by train from bangkok to mae sai and how long driving.. aprox.. and if there is a flight from mae sai to mandalay, or we have to cross theborder and take the plane from Tachilek..
      thankyou and best regards..

Cristina

• Help! Transfer from Chiang Rai City to Chiang Rai Airport

by biaoism Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 2:15 AM

Hi everyone

I tried searching everywhere for information on getting transportation to the Chiang Rai Airport but couldn't find any.

My group of 7 will be taking a flight to BKK next month at 0820 hrs, meaning we got to be at the airport at about 0700AM perhaps.

Can anyone tell me whether it'll be easy to flag a taxi off the street to take us to the airport, or do we have to arrange in advance?

I also couldn't find many guesthouses located in Chiang Rai near the night market. Can anyone put me in the right direction?

Thanks,
      Rey

2 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:12 AM
    • How can i get to mae sai from chiang mai airport?

by kiong Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Is there any direct bus from Chiang Mai Arcade Bus station to Mae Sai??
      And how can i get to Chiang Mai Arcade Bus station from airport? and fees?

Pls advice! Urgent.
      THANKS!

1 Answer Nov 23, 2006 at 7:50 PM
    • North Thailand tour -help

by zeevfl2 Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 3:50 AM

we will be glad to get review, recommendation or advice about a guided professional tour in English, 1 day tour in Golden triangle area, depart from Chiangrai during 11.2006, made by reliable travel agency. First night staying in Chiangrai hotel
      At the second day we want to depart from Chiangrai to Chiangmai, interested to visit some of the hill tribes(long neck).
      Another alternative- in the second morning, separate tour or transfer from Chiangrai to Chiangmai
      Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jan 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM
    • Car hire Chiang Rai Airport

by pcall71 Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Hi chaps,

Does Anyone know the cheapest daily prices for booking a car at Chiang Rai airport or downtown Chiang Rai.

I've seen a few online booking agencies and wonder if it's cheaper just booking at the airport. Or maybe it's cheaper waiting until I get to downtown Chiang Rai?

Any help would be appreciated.