Chiang Rai Travel Answers

change location

Hill Resort or somewhere natural

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Hi

WOndering if anyone has suggestions of a good place for accommodation in Chiang Rai. There in mid dec. Would like a hillside resort OR something natural.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Hill Resort or somewhere natural

by tforty Online Now Dec 8, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Chiag Rai, but I know a good quaint hotel by the river in the Chiang Mai center. It can be a good idea if you spend a night or two in Chiang Mai to get more feed back from the visitors there, who often continue the trip to Chiang Rai. This is the link to the site.

http://www.riverviewlodgch.com/

One nice place in Chiang Rai that I heard of is Pai. There are resorts on the hill, which are close to nature.

Enjoy your visit to Thailand!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hill Resort or somewhere natural

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Hi Sorry half a year later I finally see your msg. Have long since been back from N Thailand - but thanks for the reply anyway tho I missed it :-)

Went to Pai, though it's more accessible from Chiang Mai. Altho mid-way, most of the buses go to and from Chiang Mai rather than Chiang Rai. In fact, we finally found a bus that went from Pai to Chiang Rai, only to find ourselves back in Chiang Mai enroute, and picking up more travellers headed to C R.

Pai's a great place - loved it! I had been afraid it would be too touristy, but it wasn't. It did have many tourists, but many were local Thais; also, that didn't detract from the beauty of the place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines