Chiang Mai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

by Jacistucker Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

by sunnysarah Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

by sunnysarah Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

by Jacistucker Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

• HELP need to visit MAE RIM/Sameong

by islandees Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Hi VTs,

I am visiting CM end FEB and would like to go to Mae Rim/Sameong. Heard that there is a nice camping ground village there (mon jam??) and grapevine? and strawberry farm?. En route, can also go to the National project near MON Muan?

Can you advise how to get there by public transport? If not, how to get a good car hire when I arrive there?

• Tancgu's Profile Photo

Anyone who has stayed in a tent in Chiang Mai Old City?

by Tancgu Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM

On Feb 1 evening I returned to Chiang Mai Old City after one week of biking on the Loop from ChiangMai - Pai- Maehongson-Maesariang. As it was peak season for Chinese New Year I couldn't find a guesthouse until I chanced upon a small homestay/guesthouse in a quiet area. The lady owner Madam Rustar (her husband is a farang) offered me a tent for 150Baht. There were several tents in the compound with trees and wooden huts with a main building used as office, kitchen and bathrooms. The lady me told me the Wifi's ssid as Goldstar.
      I soon left to return the bike. Big mistake, I didn't get hold of the place's name and address. The same night and the next 24 hours I searched and couldn't find my way back to the tent stay I've paid for. The most shameful chapter of my travel experience! In Thailand almost all the road signs are in Thai (might as well in Hebrew) and I had asked many residents to no avail. I had to return home with a big bag still in the tent!
      Dear travelers, by any chance you have stayed in the same place before or know someone who did, I appreciate very much if you help me to the place ( I can make another trip, maybe to Chiang Rai as well).
      Thanks abundance.

• indian restaurant

by mir82pk Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

can you guys tell me best indian restaurant in chiangmai

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • I need evrybody help and suggestions

by moosawi.moosa Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Hello everybody,.. and Happy New Year,.. i am new here,..and i am planing to go to Chiang Mai in April . i am looking for some information, and i hope i am in the proper section to get the answers on this lovely website:
      - Which area/ location should I stay in Chiang Mai,i hear about Old city, Night Bazar, and City Center,but i really do not know where is the best to stay in. i am coming alone, and i prefer busy area like walking street area in south Pattaya road,or similar.
      - i like clean, nice cheap budget hotel, apartment, or guesthouse,and love to get suggestions from everybody wish to help, i need contacts.
      - I wounder if anybody have an idea about buses going from Chiang Mai to Pattay,. i need information about where can i get tickets,how much it cost me,and the schedule of the buses.
      - Any eastern , Mideastern,Arab restaurants in Chiang Mai, where can i get them?
      - If my questions not in the right section of this website,.. i need your kind help regarding where should i post these questions.

Thank you,..and hope you all the best.

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • FaleiryO's Profile Photo

SAFE FOR SOLO TRAVELLER

by FaleiryO Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 4:24 AM

IS THAILAND SAFE FOR A SOLO TRAVELLER ?

16 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Is there any left luggage service in Chiang Mai Airport?

by doraem66 Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I will have some time to explore central airport plaza. Would like to leave my baggage either in the airport or airport plaza. Is there such service available?

Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • Bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok

by fairyfaye Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Can you pre book and pay a bus fare from Chiang Mai to Bangkok?

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    • Khantoke dinner

by peterfat Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Dear friends, I'm bring my family (with 2 aged and 2 younger ones - 10yrs old) to Chiang Mai next month. Came to know, its nice going for this Khantoke dinner, some queries below:

1. why is there a great price diff between tour agencies prices? (e.g some quote 900bath, some 450batt)?
      2. Chiang mai cultural center is more traditional? Food wise, same as Khum Khantoke?
      3. Both Cultural center and Khum Khantoke are air-con?
      4. Need to book in advance online booking before reaching chiang mai?

Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • Botox/Filler Chiang Mai???

by MissingMegan Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Can anyone suggest (or warn against) where to get Botox or Filler in Chiang Mai? There is a clinic right near Tae Phae Gate I was thinking about going to. Have you been or heard anything about it? (or anywhere else in Chiang Mai)

Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • TeckK's Profile Photo

cherry blossom

by TeckK Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I am planning to visit CM in January.Where is best location for cherry blossom,?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Which area/ location should I stay in Chiang Mai

by doraem66 Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I had heard Old City ,River, Night Bazaar...
      Which location is more accessible?
      it will helps me to shortlist my accommodation easier.

I had found a service apartment which is train station, will it be too far?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

How many days I need for Mae Hong Son and Pai?

by doraem66 Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I will staying in Chiang Mai for 3 days, Chiang Rai 2 days and would like to side track to Mae Hong Son and Pai for 2 days.
      Should I stay in 2 different places in these 2 places or Station in Pai and travel to MHS?

Thank you.

6 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    • Centara Duangtawan Hotel, Chiang Mai

by peterfat Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Dear all,

Me and my family (with 2 aged parents and 2 young children) will be staying in this hotel coming holidays. May I know if there is any good restaurant (traditional thai food) to recommend me near my hotel?

Also I heard the night bazaar is just across the road, is it big? Are there food? As we are travelling with my old aged parents, they may not be able to walk long distance.

Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • khantoke dinner

by CW_PAUL Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM

which one is better? the Khum Kantoke or The chiangmai Cultural centre?
      anyone can give me an idea of the charges at Khum Kantoke?

2 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    • Chiangmai mini van

by CW_PAUL Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Anyone can recommend a van for 6 in Chiangmai. And what would be a fair rate for hiring a van for a day?

2 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • pupattola's Profile Photo

apartment in chiang mai

by pupattola Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hi everybody. I will arrive in November at Chiang Mai airport and I need an apt where to stay for about 3 months (maybe more). I will work near the airport and so I need a place whre to stay, not far from the airport and reachable by bycicle... Do Iask too much? My budget is of about 8000/8500 Baht and I could also share the flat with other people. Do you have any idea? thank you very much for yor answers. Simona

3 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • Flower Festival 2014 dates

by highseasgypsy Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Can anyone confirm the Flower Festival 2014 dates? Have the websites I've found say Jan 31-Feb 2 and the others say Feb 7-9. I don't know which websites to trust and the official tourism board site doesn't even have it listed. Thanks in advance?

3 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM
    • Planchiqu's Profile Photo

Where is the best location in chiang mai to stay?

by Planchiqu Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I am looking to book hotel for a few days.
      Where is the best location?
      Also any hotel recommendation?
      Thanks.

8 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    • Chian Mai Tours

by Steve90212 Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Should I book tours before I leave home or should I wait and until I arrive to get better prices?

8 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    • psychiy's Profile Photo

Chiang mai - chiang rai tour package

by psychiy Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hi! Can anyone recommend a tour operator/group offering chiang mai -chiang rai packages? Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    • Dengue in Chiang Mai. How dangerous is going there?

by ladylilac Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My friend and I were planning on visiting Chiang Mai in September, but now that we heard about some sort of Dengue epidemic going on there we are not sure what to do. Is it really something to be concerned about?
      Does anyone know anything about the situation and the actual danger we would subject ourselves to when travelling there? How bad is the situation?
      Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated :-)

10 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • 2-3 days in Chiang Mai?

by cjdesign22 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I am in Thailand for 8 days before going to Bali. I'd like to stay in Bangkok for a few days but would really like to get up to Chiang Mai, but time is limited. 'm thinking of flying there--would I be able to see enough in Chiang Mai in a few days? If so, any suggestions about highlights and also a place to stay that is central and easy. Thanks!

7 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    • froife8's Profile Photo

backpacking route-Chiang Mai to Huay Xai

by froife8 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hi,may I please ask about your experience about the backpacker's route of Chiang Mai to Huay Xai.Can you please give me some advice,tips and suggestions regarding this route(hostels,transportation,etc.).May I also please ask how's the weather during mid September to October in those areas.Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    • Things most tourist do not see

by Bhaltair Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM

In the Chiang Mai area of Thailand what is there that is unusual or typically Thai that most tourist do not see?

8 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    • 2013 Yee Ping Festival Dates Please

by petergab09 Online Now May 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I know Loi Krathong will be on the 17 November
      so i am trying to work out the dates for Yee Ping lantern launch
      at Mae Jo University, as i would love to see it
      I think it could be 9 November or 16, as you can see i need your help
      to plan my hoilday stay in Chiang Mai

3 Answers May 30, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • LadyHawkau's Profile Photo

Tour guide

by LadyHawkau Online Now May 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

My husband and I will be in Chaing Mai next week, we had already organised a private tour but the guide has cancelled for personal reasons with his family. This leaves us looking, we do prefer private tours and not going to all the places that are a gimmick we want to see the real Chiang Mai and it' people. If anyone has a good and reliable contact who is reasonable and not wanting to scam us we would really appreciate it.

LadyHawkau

5 Answers May 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    • needing help on bookings!

by squeak1991 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning on travelling around thailand for 3-4 weeks but not backpacking. our travel agent suggested getting a flight from london to chiang mai then internal flights to bagkok, phuket and going to the southern islands. Im not sure whether flying to chiang mai rather than bangkok is a good idea or not financial wise but seems more practical as we want to go to chiang mai first?! We are completely lost on what to pre-book! We have a number of things we would like to see so we're thinking booking them once we arrive, however what to do about accommodation? we have noticed that alot of tours in chiang mai are 3 days so how should we book our hotel? or can we stick to doing day tours with-out missing out on anything and just book the hotel for the length of time we are going to be there? i would be very grateful of some feedback on what is best to do please :)

12 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai

by aortser Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hi,

Can anybody advise about cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai? The ones I could see are above 2000 bahts, which seem to me quite pricey.

Thanks,

A

4 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM