Chiang Mai Travel Answers

change location

Travelling & LOdging in Chiangmai

by MokSiewLin Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I'm travelling to Chiangmai in early Feb 2013 with family members and young children. Is there any 4 star hotel with reasonable price that I can stay? Is it cheaper and easy to get a trip in Chiangmai?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • pgthompson's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling & LOdging in Chiangmai

by pgthompson Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Lots of choices for hotels, I suggest going through an on-line hotel booking site.

Easy to organise a trip when you arrive with various travel agents, it's also easy and cheap to hire a car and do the trips by yourselves.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travelling & LOdging in Chiangmai

by alnahdaresort Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Aruntara Riverside Boutique Hotel and The Rim Resort is the fine to stay in Chiangmai

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM

"..Is there any 4 star hotel with reasonable price.."

Even cheaper no-name hotels are okay for children too. Millions of tourists, even those with children stay in hotels that are lower priced but still have A/C, private toilet, TV and linen service. But you usually don't have extras like spas, fancy pools, fancy paintings, decorative rock pools and gyms. You usually pay extra for a roll out bed or extra bed room.

You should have an idea where you need this hotel room and also say what price range per night you want to be in instead of a star rating. What is your idea of a "reasonable price" for a 4 star hotel? Sometimes "star ratings" don't mean squat!

There is no hotel in Thailand that I would personally pay over 1000 baht a night for using MY money! In Thailand you can even find hotel rooms around 500 baht in some places that have private toilet, clean sheets, TV and air conditioning and now days free wifi too! I have been in more expensive hotels that were paid for by companies and didn't need any of the extras.

Maybe check on Le Meridien and the Shrang Ri La. Got these names from another source.

The last hotel I used was the Montri. Now called Hotel M. Right across from Thapae Gate area. (When they changed the name they also doubled the price I paid! Don't know if the difference in price reflects improvements.)

hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/...

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Check out the following web site, agoda.com I use it all the time. if you find something you like on it, then go to the hotel's own web site and see what offers they have. Then you can choose which of the two web site's if offering the best price. You will full description, location, and amenities. Agoda does only prepaid, so you would get a voucher to present to the hotel upon arrival. It is an excellent web site.

• Re: Travelling & LOdging in Chiangmai

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM

and these are best for rip-off in any case.

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

by gdilieto Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM

We stayed at 4-star Dusit D2 (http://www.dusit.com/dusit-d2/) and worked out very well both in term of quality for the price and central location.

Arranging tours in Chiang Mai is easy with multiple options available. No need to plan in advance and you can check out there. We rented a tuk-tuk for the day and he took us wherever we wanted to go.

Enjoy your trip!
    Giuseppe

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines