Chiang Mai Travel Answers

change location
aortser's Profile Photo

Cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai

by aortser Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hi,

Can anybody advise about cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai? The ones I could see are above 2000 bahts, which seem to me quite pricey.

Thanks,

A

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai

by xymmot Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

2000 bahts do seem a bit pricey, but they do come and pick you up and drop you off at where you are staying, it help feed the elephants as well as supporting the elephant trainers. Yes there has been bad press about the ill treatments of the elephants, so look for the eco -friendly tours that take care of the elephants. They are workers too and need our support.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We went on a day trip to an elephant camp and wish we had not. If you like to hang out with throngs of other tourists, see elephants paint, play football, dance, then take a ride with 30 elephants in procession where they stop at a feeding station every few hundred meters where you are encouraged to buy a bunch of bananas for 20 baht each time then this is for you!!!
    I felt sorry for the animals but if you have a kid i guess the kid will enjoy it!
    sorry to be so negative.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Cheapest (but still good) elephant tour in Chiang Mai

by dhaki Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Hi, does anyone know more eco way to meet elephants in Thailand? I don´t want to support this kind of business, but as well don´t want to miss the possibility to enjoy them. If anyone has any recommendation, will appreacite it! Thanks, Dana

1 member found this helpful

• slandha's Profile Photo

by slandha Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Why don't you try Elephant Nature Park http://www.elephantnaturepark.org/. They take care of the elephants very well. All elephant live in natural area: no shows, no chains, no hook, no riding. I think it's the best way to enjoy elephant tour.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines