Chester Travel Answers

change location

TRAVEL GATWICK TO CHESTER

by giela Online Now May 7, 2007 at 11:09 AM

I'm looking for a shuttle service, coach/bus company, other than National Express, from Gatwick (London) to Chester (Manchester). Trains are too complicated and British Airways are the only carrier direct- unfortunately times unsuitable on Saturdays.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jill2002's Profile Photo

Re: TRAVEL GATWICK TO CHESTER

by Jill2002 Online Now May 7, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Trains should be ok. Just don't get one where you have to change stations across London. The changes at stations are really easy to do and if there no-one there to ask which station platform to go to - just go to the ticket office and they will point you in the right direction. I think this is the best option - other than getting a taxi all the way which will be VERY expensive. Check out the train times at www.thetrainline.com

Jill.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 7, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Trains will be fine (and not complicated at all). www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you all the information you need.

But if you want cheaper travel then National Express is the only operator which is likely to make the journey to Chester (or Manchester). There's nothing wrong with them, btw; they offer a perfectly functional and reliable service. www.nationalexpress.com

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now May 7, 2007 at 1:24 PM

You can travel direct from Gatwick to Manchester on Virgin Trains ( www.virgintrains.co.uk) but the service is not frequent. In Manchester change at Picadilly for Chester.
    On my home page are two links to buying cheaper rail travel in the UK.
    If you cannot go direct you would need to take a London bound train in to Victoria and then go to Euston for a direct train to Chester (it would be Holyhead bound) and again this train would be Virgin.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines