Chester Travel Answers

change location
vpas's Profile Photo

accomodation in chester

by vpas Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Dear VTs,
I will be in Chester in autumn this year.I am looking for decent,inexpensive accomodation for three weeks,near Stanley street.A bed and breakfast place would be ideal.Also please advise me as to which is the cheapest way to travel from London to Chester.I also wish to know where exactly is Stanley street in Chester(it is not listed in the maps that I have seen on the internet)
Thank you,
Regards,
Vpas

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • OneDolphin's Profile Photo

Re: accomodation in chester

by OneDolphin Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Hi Veepu,

I have found Stanley Street on Google maps.....try this link

maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=U...

I can't help with accommodation as I stay in Warrington when visiting the UK but you with the map you can check the streets around Stanley St and search for accommodation in the immediate area. I can tell you though, that walking around Chester is very easy and nothing is too far away so even if you can't get accommodation near Stanley Street, it won't take you long to get where you want to go. There is a Stanley Arms in Brook Street that sounds ok from the reviews I've read.
    Getting to Chester from London I would take the train..... it's an interesting trip with some really nice and some really interesting scenery, and if you can afford it, I recommend going 1st class..... it's a lot more comfortable.
    Cheers
    Georgie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM

Use www.streetmap.co.uk to find Stanley Street; it will be there, just make sure you choose the one in Chester as there are lots of them. Putting in the postcode would be helpful, if you have it to hand.

Coach travel is cheapest in the Uk, but slowest. Look at www.nationalexpress.com for times and fares.

Train times and fares on www.nationalrail.co.uk. More expensive, but faster.

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Thank you both of you.I will take the train from London.
    Warm Regards,
    Vpas

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines