Chester Travel Answers

change location
datapanik's Profile Photo

Somewhere to stay?

by datapanik Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:00 AM

I am planning to visit Chester for 2 days in June. Can any one recommend a good value bed and breakfast?

I'm fed up with the ridiculous cost of hotels in the UK which are generally a complete rip-off and are geared to catering for business types. Excuse me for ranting! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • londonbabe's Profile Photo

RE: Somewhere to stay?

by londonbabe Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Sorry can't actullay recommend any but if you check out the web sites for some of these you should get a good idea. Any which are also in Alastair Sawday's 'Special Places to Stay' or another book called 'Staying Off the Beaten Track' should be good.
    visitus.co.uk/list.aspx?plac...

Sarah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now May 12, 2006 at 7:57 AM

You can also check out www.smoothhound.co.uk or www.2stay.com. Both of those usually have some fairly reasonable B&B's listed. I like that they have photos, and one can see the place ahead of time. Sometimes the cheapest lodging in a town is at a Travelodge. Even so, that can be £30-$50 or more. I understand your gripe!!

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now May 12, 2006 at 9:24 AM

When I was in Chester in May 2004 I stayed in this B&B: Mitchell's of Chester Guesthouse. It's about 25 minutes to walk from the centre, across the river Dee, but it was a very nice walk.Full English breakfst was included. I had a nice single, en suite, and two years ago I paid 30 or 35 GBP, I don't remember exactly. I do remember, however, that it was lot cheaper than many other places I had checked before.
    Most probably it is more expensive now, but I would still recommend it.

• datapanik's Profile Photo

by datapanik Online Now May 15, 2006 at 1:50 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions and weblinks. I will add them to my bookmarks and see what comes up. There's no Travelodge in Chester but that's probably a good thing! All the best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines