Chester Travel Answers

change location

Chester here we go!

by snowball2004 Online Now May 22, 2004 at 7:28 AM

Hi all! I plan to visit Chester for a day trip very soon. Any recomended places /sights and restaurants to visit while I am there? Thanks in advance! :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Chester here we go!

by leics Online Now May 22, 2004 at 9:04 AM

Chester's a lively, historic city. Depending on your tastes, you could walk the city walls (2 miles), see the Roman artefacts at the Grosvenor Museum, visit the Roman amphitheatre and/or go shopping in the 'Rows' .......two-storey Medieval buildings. There's also the cathedral and lots of other historic buildings to see, and plenty of places to eat and drink. Enjoy your visit!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Chester here we go!

by scotlandscotour Online Now May 25, 2004 at 4:43 AM

Hi there - in support of the first reply - my bit: If the weather is fine, do walk the City Walls if you can, it is a wonderful journey and way to see the city, the race-course and River Dee, the beautiful architecture of the "Rows", ... and a gentle, relaxed time around the "Cross" and cathedral is rewarding. The Tourist Information is right opposite the Cathedral, helpfully. The Rows are particularly good in rain, because of the covered nature of the upper tier walk way, and there are lovely tea shops, cafes and "more expensive" shops to browse. If you like French cuisine, I often go to Francs Restaurant. (Internet search). If I think of more, of use, I'll send it. Best wishes Malcolm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines