Chester Travel Answers

change location
Svillegas's Profile Photo

Public transports

by Svillegas Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 4:14 AM

Hello to everyone I’m going to spend some days in Chester and I would like to go to London and Oxford. Is there anyone that can tell me how to go on public transports and approximate prices? Can you recommend me something to visit around Chester? Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • col_hall6's Profile Photo

Re: Public transports

by col_hall6 Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 5:25 AM

Hello Sonia, I visited Chester last year. The 2 things to do that I can recommend is to walk around the Roman wall that surrounds the centre of Chester. There are many points of interest all the way round. It doesn't matter where you start as you can access the wall at many areas. The other was to take a boat trip along the river Dee which runs through Chester at the southern part of the Roman wall. They have commentary on the history and things of interest. This is the official Chester visitor site :- www.chestercc.gov.uk/tourism/ I hope you have as good a time as I had in your beautiful home city of Barcelona.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Public transports

by IngaA Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 6:28 AM

Hello, I recently had the same problem. So the price London-Chester is 20 pounds. It's National express. Chester-Oxford,, don't know because I will go to Oxford not from Chester but from Edinburgh to learn about the itineraries and prices, check www.gobycoach.com and www.thetrainline.com You need to register there as a usaer to get the prices. Good luck

• Svillegas's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Public transports

by Svillegas Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 1:06 AM

It will be very helpful, thank you very much

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines