Chernivtsi Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Chernovtsy

by ane4ka99 Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Hello,

We are planning Kiev - Chernivtsi trip this fall. Flying to Kiev from New York, staying in Kiev for 3 days and then would like to take a train to Chernivtsi and stay there for couple of days.
I have couple of questions and would really appreciate if somebody can give me couple of tips.

1. What hotel would you recommend in Chernivstsy.
2. Are there trains from Kiev to Chernivsy and from Chernivtsy to Kiev? What are the fairs? Can I purchase tickets from New York for the trains? If train making a stop in Moldova, would we need a visa?

I know it's a lot of questions. But I would really appreciate if you can help me out.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Trip to Chernovtsy

by cassiovieggore Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I believe there's a misunderstanding here: the name of ukrainian city may be
    Khmelnitsky. There's a railroad line between Kiev and Khmelnitsky. Watch the link below:

travel-2-ukraine.com/informa...

You will be able to buy a on-line ticket. But before your negociations try to be sure how is this city named? I have read some similar (to ear) names as:
    Chmel'nickij, or, Khmelnytskyi...and so on
    Afterwards you are sure the name of ukrainian town you want go read the below link:

travel-2-ukraine.com/informa...

Later I may help you in finding some nice hotel there, but tell me before the real name of town in order to not point you some wrong site... The ukrainian characters are doubtful for us.

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfabe...

Is my message a VTHelp or am I throwing you into another disorder? I'm not quite sure...
    Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by ane4ka99 Online Now Jun 13, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Thank you cassiovieggore; the URLs you provided were very helpful.
    We are going from Kiev to Chernovtsy [Черновцы]. If you can make any suggestions for Chernovtsy and Kiev hotel, I will really apreciate it.

Thanks!

• nemezatcrimea's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Chernovtsy

by nemezatcrimea Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 2:13 AM

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Chernovtsy

by lotharlerch Online Now Jun 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM

A convenient place to stay in Chernivtsy is the Hotel Bucovina. I know some other hotels there as well but they are either too far from everything (Hotel Cheremosh) or rather lousy (Hotel Kyiv). Hotel Bucovina is almost completely renovated and reasonably priced. And the center and the principal sights are in walking distance. See my Chernivtsy page.

by ane4ka99 Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Thanks a lot lotharlerch!!!!!

Do you know how would I go about booking this hotel? Is there a web site or e-mail? Or the best way is calling? Can I book in adavance and do they accept credit cards???

Can you also give me a URL to your website you mentioned?

Thanks!!!!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chernivtsi