Chernivtsi Travel Answers

change location

Bottled water

by Rootssearcher Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 12:45 PM

HI, Here in the USA, we like to carry small bottles of water to drink during the day. Are these available in Chernivitsi, and are they safe. Thanks Bruce Wexler

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Bottled water

by IngaA Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 11:40 PM

". Are these available in Chernivitsi, and are they safe." Yes to both questions. You can buy even Evian if you distust local brands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bottled water

by Olena_uti Online Now Oct 6, 2004 at 12:58 AM

And what is more it is quite cheap...

• TpeBop's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bottled water

by TpeBop Online Now Oct 6, 2004 at 3:46 AM

It's cheap less than 50 cents for a small bottle, but cheaper if you buy big bottles from a supermarket. A good idea is to purchase a well known brand. Some places bottle local water and put a bootleg label on, as I found out in Camyanets Podilsky. So check the seal and label. Bonaqua is probably the most popular mineral water. I prefer mineral water without gas, as some Ukrainian mineral waters with gas taste like battery acid, especially Mirgorodska - that's how I imagine battery acid to taste like. It tastes 10 times worse if you leave it to go warm and then drink it.

• glenn57's Profile Photo

Re: Bottled water

by glenn57 Online Now Oct 7, 2004 at 3:59 PM

By the way, I found that most bottled water in Ukraine is carbonated. If you want non-carbonated, ask for 'Nye gazovana voda' .

• catnl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bottled water

by catnl Online Now Oct 8, 2004 at 9:21 AM

bottled water is very good in ukraine and there are plenty of different tastes. I agree its best to buy a big can like 5 ltr. without gas, and then poor in a small bottle, very cheap and u can brush ur teeth with it as well. Luhanska voda is very good as well as the mineral waters from Morshin have a great time in Chernivtsi

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chernivtsi