Chernivtsi Travel Answers

change location
gikan's Profile Photo

the carpathian mountains

by gikan Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:12 AM

Hi All! I would like to come to know the carpathian moutains in Ukraina. I and some of my friends from Hungary want to ride bike over the mountains. I would get some opinion about the trip, what could be dangerous, what is the situation in the country. I heart a lot of (scuttlebutt ) legend, but i want to know the truth. Thank you for your help P├ęter

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: the carpathian mountains

by IngaA Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:18 AM

Hello, well, it becomes quite popular, I mean biking and eco-tourism in Carpathian. Ukraine is not as dangerous country as it's often being presented. But the road quality is quite low, that's true. Corrupted police... can happen but if you don't really violate rules, it won't be too big problem... Chernivtsi is not really Carpathian region, it's the region called "Bukovina", south-east from Carpathian. What else... food is good. If you have some particular questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gikan's Profile Photo

Re: Re: the carpathian mountains

by gikan Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:26 AM

Some people say it is rewarding to carry goods to make some trade (barter). It is true? And if it is, than what kind of goods? Peter

• IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Re: the carpathian mountains

by IngaA Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 4:32 AM

might be. Although I've never done it. Depends on where you're coming from. As for things to buy in Ukraine for reselling, it's definitelty cigarettes.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chernivtsi