Chernivets'ka Oblast'

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help-i need a car!

Kiev Jul 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I need someone with a car to take me to see a house located some 100 km away from Kiev? Suggestions? Offers?
      (A reasonable price will do ... I'm not millionaire :-))

more
    • ghazyzadeh's Profile Photo

Travel Condition in Odessa, Ukrain

Odessa Jul 3, 2014 at 11:33 PM

any Odessa locals would be kind enough to inform what conditions are like for travel in Odessa at the moment? I have arranged a trip there from some time ago, & I am due to arrive there August 5th for one week stay.

in last post i saw that about protests / demonstrations turning violent earlier this month and state offices / parliament being attacked. Some people say Russian military is spreading in southern Ukraine and nearing Odessa, and things getting close to war. Other people say that in Odessa life continues as normal and is ok to travel.
      I would be appreciate describe about condition in this time. Thanks

more
    • travel with ukrainian passport

Ukraine Jun 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hi;
      my question is,,,
      my wife is living in Crimea and since the annexation now has Russian id.
      However she still holds a Ukrainian passport, does anyone know if she can still use this to fly to Europe for example
      any help or advice would be gratefully received.
      thanks
      Andy

more
    • which period of the year where airfare is the lowest to fly out of Luhansk to Malaysia?

Luhansk Jun 18, 2014 at 1:26 PM

which period of the year where airfare is the lowest to fly out of Luhansk to Malaysia?

more
    • AbhisekD's Profile Photo

student life

Odessa Jul 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM

i am an indian and would be very grateful for your reply,how is the student life of a Odessa National Medical University foreign student?what are the views of the locals towards us?any awful rumours about the university?is it safe because of the recent happenings in ukraine?this is my first time going overseas so have lots of questions and mixed feelings please help :)

more
    • travel to Lugansk from kharkov

Luhansk Jun 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Is it possible to travel by train from Kharkov to Lugansk safely currently for an american?

more
    • Tourist Vouchers

Cherkasy Jul 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Dear where I can get tourist vouchers for Cherkasy!

more
    • travelling out of Luhansk

Luhansk Jul 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM

With all the fighting going on, one has to wonder if this is such a good idea. However. My fiancee wishes to leave Luhansk asap because she is afraid. Personally, i think she takes a bigger risk leaving. But, i do not know how difficult it is to get life's necessities at the moment either. So the magic question is. How dangerous is it to leave the city right now? My preference would be for her to go to Kiev. However, she has family in Russia and this may be safer for her to go there for now. There must be a way. But I will not endanger her any more then I must. Thanks.

more
    • LUTSK TO ODESSA BY FOOT IN AUGUST

Lutsk Jun 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM

TRAVELLING TO ODESSA FROM LUTSK TO RETRACE MY GRANDFATHERS TRIP, WHEN HE WAS A RUSSIAN SOLDIER WALKING HOME TO ODESSA-NEED TO FIND THE BEST ROUTE TO RETRACE HIS TRIP.THANKS

more
    • Transpotation from ODS to hotel and daily transportation

Odessa Jun 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I will be in Odessa on July 15 alone. How can I go to my booked hotel ? By taxi ? It raed some comments before saying that taxi cab in Od is ripping off. How can I find an honest taxi cab driver? Plz tell me. Thanks !
      Henry

more
    • andi2005uk's Profile Photo

Lugansk wedding

Lugansk Jul 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

I am due to get married in lugansk tomorrow.

I am currently in Kiev

Is it safe to travel into lugansk by train, I àm ENglish

more
    • pyoungy's Profile Photo

Visiting Uman for the first time

Uman' Jul 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I am a male from the UK visiting Uman for the first time. Please excuse me but I'm a little fussy about where I stay and would rather pay more for quality,,,,,any suggestions? Should I have any fears or concerns whilst visiting? Also any good advice and a honest taxi number would be good))))

Steve

more

Popular Chernivets'ka Oblast' Travel Answer Locations

• Transport from Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Nov 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

How can i get to Lviv airport from Chernivtsi. How much does it cost if i take a taxi ?

2 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

1 day in Chernivsti

Chernivtsi Mar 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I am travelling to Ukraine in May to see some family in Ivano-Frankivsk but I have planned to take a day out to Chernivsti for just 1 day. What are the must see things in Chernivsti.

Where would you recommend me to go?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM
    • benteslez's Profile Photo

Train from Chernivtsi to Kiev 2012

Chernivtsi Apr 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm planning a trip around Romania and Ukraine and I'm trying to find some information about the train from Chernivtsi to Kiev. I've found some things in the other way (Kiev to Chernivtsi) but idk if it's the same. Does anybody know anything about timetables or prices? I'd really aprecciate it!

Thank you all!

4 Answers May 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    • robbie46's Profile Photo

Travel from Rzeszow to Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Dec 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I am landing in Rzeszow on January 9th 2011. I want to travel to Chernivtsi. I know I can get a bus or train to Przemysl and walk across the border. I also know I can get a bus or train to Lvov, and then to Chernivtsi. But does anyone know if there is a bus which goes direct to Chernivtsi? Or maybe a taxi when I cross the Ukrainian border.

1 Answer Dec 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    • Looking for English speaking guide in Cernivetsi in June

Chernivtsi Dec 10, 2011 at 4:30 AM

We are a private group of 9 persons who plan to spend one day in the city during the 2nd week in June, and would like to have an English speaking local guide accompany us on that day. Recommendations will be welcome.

• Correct address

Chernivtsi Sep 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Hello i am travelling to Chernivtsi next week and want to stay at the TIU backpackers hostel there but when i look on google i see that there are 2 hostels with the same name but at different addresses can any body suggest to me which address is correct

2 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
    • Need some Assist to get to Jasina or Yasinya

Chernivtsi Aug 21, 2011 at 7:24 AM

My father was born there, is elderly and would like to return. We'll be in both Munich and Prague in September. Any suggestions for the very best travel from either location would be appreciated. Closest airports with a reasonable driving distance, am happy to rent a car, just a 9 hour drive would be difficult.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Suzie

• train to Vienna

Chernivtsi May 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM

I'll be going by train to Chernovitsi but need to go home via Vienna. Would you suggest which train to take, please?

1 Answer May 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    • looking to travel this spring to Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Mar 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

looking for best ways getting there from the US and an apartment to rent for 3 days.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2010 at 2:37 AM
    • sensing100's Profile Photo

Kiev to Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Dec 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I am planning to travel from Kiev to Chenivtsi in February, prefer to fly but weather may prevent, any suggestions?

3 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    • youngken's Profile Photo

Any cheap business hotel in Chernivtsi ?

Chernivtsi Aug 30, 2009 at 5:53 AM

I want a hotel / apartment with high speed internet, I may stay there for 1 month to ??.
      Any suggestion?
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM
    • Car Rental in Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Apr 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Thanks for previous advice on getting from Chernivtsi to Lviv by bus and train. I've now decided that I'd like to visit Kamyanets on route and given that I have limited time, think car rental is the best option. (I understand roads and traffic arent great but I've driven in Asia, Africa, South America etc so know what to expect)

My problem is finding a car rental company that will allow one way rental--pick up Chernivtsi and drop off Lviv. I did find one company who agreed to do it but I think they changed their mind-they've stopped answering my emails!

Where can I get details of car rental companies in Chernivtsi or maybe a travel agent who can help arrange this?

• Chisinau to Lviv - Chernivtsi stop off?

Chernivtsi Apr 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I'll be travelling from Chisinau to Lviv in June and have just found that the bus takes 20 hours. I've looked on the map and Chernivtsi looks a good place to stop off. If so, I'd then like to know what the options are to travel onto Lviv. I'd consider car rental if anyone knows of a company that does one way rental. Other than that what are the train and bus options?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    • Getting to Chernivitsi from Radauti

Chernivtsi Mar 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I will be in Radauti, Romania for about 2 weeks in May. I would like to get to Chernivitsi as my family is from that city and environs. I would only have one day or so, the rest would be involved with work activities.
      What would be the best way to travel?
      Are there guides in Chernivitsi I could arrange to hire in advance?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    • Trip to Chernovtsy

Chernivtsi Jun 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Hello,

We are planning Kiev - Chernivtsi trip this fall. Flying to Kiev from New York, staying in Kiev for 3 days and then would like to take a train to Chernivtsi and stay there for couple of days.
      I have couple of questions and would really appreciate if somebody can give me couple of tips.

1. What hotel would you recommend in Chernivstsy.
      2. Are there trains from Kiev to Chernivsy and from Chernivtsy to Kiev? What are the fairs? Can I purchase tickets from New York for the trains? If train making a stop in Moldova, would we need a visa?

I know it's a lot of questions. But I would really appreciate if you can help me out.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

5 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    • Tazidan's Profile Photo

In need for transportation from Romania to Chernivtsi and back

Chernivtsi Apr 2, 2008 at 8:48 AM

How to get from Piatra Neamt area (or Bacau/Suceava) in Romania to Chernivtsi and then back again? Seems there are no car rental agencies in Romania that would allow crossing the border. What other options there are, bus, train, what? And how much time one should reserve..

1 Answer Apr 3, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    • AnatolyZ's Profile Photo

Chernivtsi,how many days its best to spent there?

Chernivtsi Dec 14, 2007 at 6:01 AM

i think of a total trip of 12-13 days in ukraine(19 march-1 april),how many days its optimal to spend in chernivtsi?is there nightlife there?thanks all for help..

2 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 3:10 AM
    • Bus service to and out of Chernivtsi

Chernivets'ka Oblast' May 1, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I'm trying to plan a trip from Liviv to Chernivstsi, and would like to know what bus companies go, at what hours, and how good is the service. Better than the train?

The same for Chernivtsi on to Suceava and/or Chisnau.

Thank you for any information, Jack

2 Answers May 14, 2007 at 3:38 AM
    • hoppi2006@hotmail.com

Chernivets'ka Oblast' Dec 13, 2006 at 11:51 AM

privet kakdela hoppi2006 istanbul turkey

• Vikingen76's Profile Photo

Moving to Chernivtsi

Chernivets'ka Oblast' Aug 9, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Hi all!
      I have been living here in Kiev for 4 years about and have bee to allmost every corner in Ua.
      Now me and my girl are moving to Chernivtsi for a year atleast.
      I have been to this butiful town in January after coming from Bukovel.
      I love to explore more unusual butiful/strange or ordinary places and spots, so
      if anyone could give me advices what and where to explore some more about this area I would sure be grateful.
      I really like places and information that is not in the book..))
      I do have a car and I can manage with my russian..
      Would be happy to meet up some people over there who can chare some knowledge with me..)

• Help I'm French

Chernivtsi Sep 26, 2005 at 4:00 PM

I am looking for someone who lives in Chernivtsi or surroundings who speaks French currently even approximotively who can translate me on simultane I can't speak Ukrainian nor Russian I've went to this region 3 weeks ago and I have to come back urgently Can anybody find me help?

4 Answers Sep 29, 2005 at 2:48 AM
    • Visit Chernivtsi in Ukraine

Chernivtsi Jun 30, 2005 at 4:59 AM

We have just had a great time travelling in the Ukraine and found a great apartment on the Virtual Tourist website. We stayed mostly in Chernivtsi and found a great apartment with an English speaking owner who gave us a local map, a tour of the city and information about all of the most interesting places to visit. The people are amazing - so welcoming and generous. So if you like us want to go somewhere completey different - go to Chernivtsi and see the beautiful Carpathian Mountains, taste fantastic organic food and experience a slower and more natural daily life. Visit WWW.tastukraine.com if you want information about the apartment we stayed in.

• Travel to Chernivtsi

Chernivtsi Apr 28, 2005 at 10:03 AM

Hello,
      I am flying into Bucharest on May 3rd. In Ukraine I'm going to Lviv and Chernivtsi. Does anyone know how to get to Chernivtsi from Romania? Is it possible to take a train from Chernivtsi to Lviv, or just a bus. Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 30, 2005 at 7:52 AM
    • Chernivtsy to Paris by bus

Chernivets'ka Oblast' Feb 1, 2005 at 10:47 PM

I have a friend who wishes to travel from the Chernivtsy region to Paris, to visit me. The person is not very good with making plans. What are the best bus and train routes, or companies, if you know of them, to do this ? All help will be gratefully received. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 1, 2005 at 11:42 PM
    • Tourist Routes

Chernivtsi Oct 8, 2004 at 8:20 AM

When looking on the Chernivitsi website (www.city.cv.ua/English), in the Sport and Tourism section, there is a list of tourist Routes. I think this would be what we call in America, a guided tour. One of the tours is called "Shalom, Chernivitsi". If there is anyone who knows where I might get more information on this tour, please let me know. Thank you Rootssearcher

3 Answers Jun 30, 2005 at 7:58 AM
    • A hotel in Chernivitsi

Chernivtsi Oct 7, 2004 at 12:57 PM

I've read that the Chermosh is not a great place to stay. I've heard that the Bukovina is better. Do you agree? Any other hotels you can recommend? Thanks Bruce

3 Answers Oct 4, 2008 at 11:41 AM
    • Bottled water

Chernivtsi Oct 5, 2004 at 12:45 PM

HI, Here in the USA, we like to carry small bottles of water to drink during the day. Are these available in Chernivitsi, and are they safe. Thanks Bruce Wexler

5 Answers Oct 8, 2004 at 9:21 AM
    • About Chernivitsi

Chernivtsi Sep 13, 2004 at 12:30 PM

Does anyone know anything about researching Vital records in Chernivitsi? My mother was born there in 1908. My grandparents were married there around 1903, and I believe my great-grandparents lived there till they died around the time of the first world war. Any help will be appreciated. Bruce Wexler Jackson, NJ USA AJS1PRES@aol.com

4 Answers Jun 30, 2005 at 5:03 AM
    • gikan's Profile Photo

the carpathian mountains

Chernivtsi Jun 1, 2004 at 4:12 AM

Hi All! I would like to come to know the carpathian moutains in Ukraina. I and some of my friends from Hungary want to ride bike over the mountains. I would get some opinion about the trip, what could be dangerous, what is the situation in the country. I heart a lot of (scuttlebutt ) legend, but i want to know the truth. Thank you for your help Péter

3 Answers Jun 1, 2004 at 4:32 AM