Cherbourg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rolling tabacco

by coolspot Online Now 11 hours ago

which is the best and nearist place to buy CHEAP Goldern Virginia rolling tobbaco please?
      In Cherbourg

2 Answers 9 hours ago
    • May Day 2014

by Rosebery Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Will the supermarkets be closed for the holiday on Thursday May 1st?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • Cherbourg Easter

by GrantMcCormick Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 7:21 AM

What's open this Easter Sunday

10 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • Car rental after arriving on cruise ship

by Ssislandgirl Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hi all,
      We are arriving in Cherbourg on a cruise ship in September and want to rent a car to visit the American Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc and St.Mère Eglise as a DIY . I am trying to find the closest car rental company to the cruise port. Are the cruise port and the ferry port the same thing? Any help is appreciated
      Thanks
      Petra

6 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • What to do with a toddler?

by kkkkkkk123 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM

We will be staying in Les Viking Campsite in September. Our son will be 3 years old. Can you recommend cities/places to visit. Preferrably by train from cherbourg and not too long a journey. thanks

3 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • Hypermarket

by AmandaJM Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We have some friends coming over on a quick trip are there any hypermarkets open on Sunday 1st December? coming into Cherbourg

Thanks in advance

20 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • young children

by Jessica1983 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hi,

We will be visiting Normandy for a week in the middle of october and I was wondering what family attractions there were in and around Cherboug. I have found lots of information on the war museums etc but was also looking for other things to entertain the children

thank you

Jessica

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • How can i go and how much?

by eduardomartin Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM

What is your question?How can i go to Mont Saint Michell and back the same day in the schedule 8am to 3;30 pm and the cost for 2 people?

4 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • Public transport: Cherbourg to L'Anse du Brick (Campsite)

by kp282 Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Does anyone know how to get from Cherbourg to Camping L'Anse du Brick by public transport? I emailed the campsite about it but all they told me is; there is a bus that runs only twice a day. That's it; nothing more than that... which is not very useful... I hope I find the answer on here! Thanks! =)

5 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • German Liebfraumilch

by pangk0rlaut Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Is there anywhere in Cherbourg where German Liebfraumilch or Hock is available? We used to obtain supplies from Majestic which has now closed. I am looking for at least 72 1.5 litre bottles.

Thanks and regards

Neville Marsberg

5 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
    • transfers

by stanedd Online Now Mar 23, 2011 at 12:35 PM

What is the approxiamate cost of a taxi from the ferry terminal to Hotel Ambassadeur?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    • Cherbourg Rennes

by mouet Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I would like to travel between Cherbourg and Rennes on Thursday and would like to know the best/quickest route. My final destination will be Pontivy, so even better if anyone knows of a more direct route there.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    • quineville

by jonestd Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM

have found an apartment to rent for my job in cherbourg at a place called Quineville. Any body know what it is like?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    • Working in cherbourg

by jonestd Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I will be working in Cherbourg from the end of Sept 2010 to Dec 2010.
      I am thinking of renting a house in Barneville Cabernet the 3 months.
      It looks a nice area and I think it is only a 30 minute drive from Barneville to Cherbourg every morning.

Any views anybody?

thanks
      jonestd

3 Answers Sep 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    • wi fi

by jonestd Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Can anyone tell me where I can find free wi-fi in Cherbourg and the surrounding area including Barneville Carteret
      thanks
      Horace

4 Answers Sep 11, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    • Trevel between Cherbourg and Rennes using public transport

by hunch Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I'm looking at how to travel between Rennes and Cherbourg using public transport. I've looked in to the train and it seems very complex (using TGV and ten 3.5 hours + ). Are there any ways to use buses? I've got to do this two weekends running so I'm keen to find an easy method!

thanks

9 Answers Aug 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    • Overnight parking

by lizperry Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM

We are in Cherbourg for one day in May. We are considering staying overnight to catch an early ferry the following morning. WHat is car parking like in Cherbourg, maybe in Place Republique, where there is reasonably priced hotel. Or would we be better to stay a little further out of the city centre. Our friends are not able to walk great distances so we would need to be able to park reasonably close to the hotel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• matt695's Profile Photo

youth hostels

by matt695 Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Does any know of a youth hostels in Cherbourg area other than the main one at 55 Rue de l'Abbaye
      50100 Cherbourg (Manche)

1 Answer Mar 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    • trains to florence italy

by fexy2009 Online Now Jul 1, 2009 at 2:03 AM

i was planning a trip from cherbourg to florence italy by train ,is there a bus or train direct to florence or italy from cherbourg,
      thanks francis

4 Answers Jul 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    • Internet cafes

by Explorer46 Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Where is a reasonable Internet cafe located so we can check in with our family back home? How much do they charge per minute/hour?

• Groceries in Cherbourg

by stinkifatcat Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Hi,
      We will be arriving in Cherbourg soon and staying at the Anse-du-brick campsite for a week. While we plan to bring dry cupboard supplies, can anybody tell me where we can do a decent grocery shop for the week as we are a party of 8 people. Many thanks!

1 Answer Mar 30, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    • rent bikes

by DHZkaren Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I'll be visiting Cherbourg very soon and I need a bike.
      Can anyone living locally check if the information below is valid please?
      holiday-bikes.com/en/FR104H_...
      Thanks a lot!!

• traveling from cherbourg to st vaast

by revell Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Is there a bus or train that goes to St. Vasst from the ferry terminal? Any ideas how much a taxi would cost?

Thank you

2 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    • Transportation and distances in Cherbourg, France - Train Tickets

by pmitch Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Will be arriving in Cherbourg at the Cruise Terminal. What is the distance to the Train Station? And what type of transportation is available and approximate cost.
      Will be traveling by train from Cherbourg to Bayeux. Is it adviseable to purchase my ticket before we arrive, or will I be able to get a ticket when I arrive at the station?
      Patricia

1 Answer Feb 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    • to Tocqueville

by DHZkaren Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Hey guys, I wish to visit the village of Tocqueville. Please anyone knows a practicable route from Cherbourg? I need detailed information on transportation and accommodation. Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Dec 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM
    • lindafabrics's Profile Photo

loves to walk and explore but needs a bit of info

by lindafabrics Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 7:43 AM

We will be arriving at Cherbourg, France by cruise on a Tuesday at 7:30 am and have till 5:30 pm. We would like to know what kind of public (buses or trains) transportation is available from Cherbourg to Bayeux. We need reliable schedules because the cruise leaves promptly and we certainly don't want to miss the boat! Does anybody have idias how to get there? How long is the ride? How much should we expect to pay for 2 people? thanks for suggestions!

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    • First time going to Cherbourg shopping and need some help please

by kath_n_keith Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Hi

I am new to the forum and need some valued help please.

I have never been out of Britain so I have no idea what to do etc when I go on my shopping trip to Cherbourg.

I am actually going to buy some wine and tobacco. I have looked around on the net and see that as far as tobacco is concerned I am allowed to legally bring back 3kg. When I go, I will be a foot passenger on the ferry as I don't drive so I am wondering firstly if anyone knows if there are any wine and tobacco hypermarkets very close to the port and secondly, how much will I pay for a good wine (any pointers greatfully accepted) and how much will I pay for a 50g packet of golden virginia?

Hoping someone can help

Thanks a lot and take care all

4 Answers May 31, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    • cherbourg tour of normandy beaches

by endressjr Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I will be traveling to Cherbourg for 1 day may 9, 2008. How can I arrange a tour for 4 people to se the Beaches of Normandy
      Thank you.
      James Endress

1 Answer Mar 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM
    • Adam98's Profile Photo

What is there to do in Cherbourg???

by Adam98 Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 1:59 AM

My father wouyld like to go to Cherourg with me on a 'Father Son Bonding Vacation'!Silly I know! But what is there in Cherbourg because neither of us have been there before?

3 Answers Apr 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    • visiting Cherbourg from bournmeouth

by aussienatalie Online Now Jun 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM

Hello, i am moving to Bournemouth, and noticed Cherbourg is quite close by ferry..I was wondering what the shopping in Cherbourg is like, is it expensive or is it just a small village mainly good for groceries/food etc

Thanks
      Natalie