Travel Answers
Chennai (Madras)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it easy to flag and board a taxi in Eillots's Beach?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Is it easy to flag and board an ordinary taxi in Eillot's Beach and anywhere else in India without calling a taxi in advance? Will taxi drivers without passengers stop to allow passengers to board if passengers flag?

I just want to avoid the autos.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it easy to flag and board a call-taxi in Chennai without advance booking?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 22, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Is it easy to flag and board a call-taxi in Chennai without booking in advance? Can a Chennai hotel help a tourist flag a taxi for fast travel to Chennai city centre from Pallavaram?

Which is advisable for travel in Chennai from Pallavaram, share auto or call-taxi / taxi?

6 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it safe to bring camera while touring in Chennai?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Is it safe to bring camera (kept in shoulder bag) while touring in Chennai? Chennai appears to be very high in crime rates.

8 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Which noteworthy destinations in Chennai to visit?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Is Eillot's Beach easier and safer to explore than Marina Beach? I hear many drownings in Marina Beach area even close to Triumph of Labour Statue.

Other than Saint Thomas Mount and the faraway Fort St George, is there a famous Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Chennai? I am looking for the Seventh-Day Adventist Church closer to the airport or closer to Thousand Lights.

13 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 3:49 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Money belt or waist pouch or neck wallet in Chennai for tourists?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Is it safe to wear money belt or waist pouch in Chennai as a tourist? Or should i stick to neck wallet? I wish to bring digital camera as well.

Is Chennai like Manila?

7 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Any food court or vegetarian restaurant near or in Chennai Airport?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Are there food courts or vegetarian restaurants near or in Chennai Airport? Where to find a guide to dining in Chennai especially near the airport?

Chyan

3 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Why does Chennai have no city tourist map?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Does anyone know why Chennai has no airport-to-city tourist map? Whenever India Tourism appears in any mega travel fair, its brochures are on provinces of India and wordy writes-up on selected towns and cities. It makes FIT travel planning difficult.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Are there places of interest surrounding Chennai International Airport?

by Chyan Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Hi, India VT,

Are there places of interest surrounding Chennai International Airport? I have 1 day stopover in Chennai. Can you suggest briefly what i can see around the airport? Does Chennai have Chinatown? Which is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church nearest to the airport?

2 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 4:05 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Weekend in Chennai

by nattybabe Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the new visa rules for India and heading to Chennai for a weekend next month.

Please can you let me know which area should I be looking at staying in? Having looked at accommodation it seems to be very wide spread.

Also, is it best to use cabs, drivers etc or is it easy enough to use public transport to get around.

Many thanks, Nat

2 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • Private clean pools in chennai

by Thecheesywanderer Online Now Oct 28, 2014 at 4:21 AM

I am an Australian visiting chennai for 3 months and staying in a residence in alwarpet. Do you guys know of a good clean well maintained pool who will let me use their facilities on pay per use or membership basis? Public pools may not be suitable so any feedback on something a little more exclusive and clean will be appreciated

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • hey there can somebody who has been to Chennai help me

by VYKTOR Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I would like to ask where should I stay for the night. I mean I'm a single boy all alone & I would like to know what kind of transport would be best

3 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • Nightclub Chennai

by AMAITRA Online Now Sep 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Looking for a night club with music/band jazz./blues/rock/soft. More a cosy corner to spend the late evening. Very hard to find in Chennai.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    • Pubs in chennai

by jpmarsh Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I have a plan to go for a pub in chennai.. can you pls suggest some good place?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • 2 weeks in Chennai

by vikizz Online Now Aug 9, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hello

I travel for the first time to India. Can you tell mi more about Chennai. There are no people experience from there.
      How it is for tourist (esspecially women)? is it dangerous?
      What to do there?
      Any tips are welcome.

Thank you

13 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 6:54 AM
    • social gathering

by govinda46 Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 2:54 AM

where we can celebrate social gathering with lunch for 20 people with cultural entertainment

• Planning to go to Goa in 1st week of August

by select_tion Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Hi all, first time user of VT. I'm the lonely guy on this planet. I’m planning to go to Goa in the 1st week of August. Anyone / group can join with me. I have a flat and a car in Goa, so no need to worry about accommodation and local travels in Goa. Only thing is loneliness is killing me. I want to celebrate this vacation with peace and joy. Anyone can help?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • Sounth India Tourist Place

by raj_mohan21 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Give me best south indian tourist place?

10 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • guhasumit@yahoo.com

by guhasumit Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 3:12 AM

If I were to stay in Chennai for 2 days , what should I plan to see ?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 3:51 AM
    • Traveling solo

by zolifi23 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I am a single traveller planning a small getaway pelgrinage to velankanni and I have been doing some research online. I came over this agency - chennai travel in offering interesting packages which meet my expectations and time frame. I would like to know how safe it is for a lady to travel from chennai to velankanni which is more than 320km in a car organized by the agency with all we hear nowadays.

Thank you to advise

5 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Autism, Slow development kid friendly school options

by csuresh Online Now May 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM

I wanted to know the autism, slow development kid friendly school options in Chennai. Currently my Kid aged 5 is studying abroad in a normal public school with support staff in London and planning relocation to Chennai in 2 months.

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • Need help on an address

by shameemx Online Now May 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hello
      Am planning to visit Chennai soon. I've been having doubts about an address which I plan to visit. Would be most grateful if someone from there could confirm to me if the address is legitimate and the business real.

345,NADESAN NAGAR.1ST MAIN ROAD.
      VIRUGAMBAKKAM.CHENNAI 600092.TAMIL NADU.INDIA

Thanks.

2 Answers May 19, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    • In Search Of Virgin Indian Hair

by Thill11231 Online Now May 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Traveling to Chennai, India in August in search of hair temples or auctions offering
      Virgin Indian Hair. Looking for someone that could be our tour guide. We will also be traveling to New Delhi in search of hair. Any suggestions?

1 Answer May 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • Traveling To Chennai in August...

by Thill11231 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM

What are the best night clubs/ bars that play contemporary/hiphop/rap music?

1 Answer May 7, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • "Bleeding" Madras Dyers/Weaver?

by aucociscokid Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Attempting to locate weavers/dyers of "bleeding" Madras cloth; vegetable-dyed (non-colorfast therefore), handwoven/handloomed, organic cotton. Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • General Question

by martina100011 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Hi every one, I am planned to visit Singapore. Can any one tell me When is the best time to visit Singapore?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • General Question

by edward10001 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi every one, Can any one tell me which country is best for summer holiday visit..

8 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    • DENTAL WORK

by SophieL14 Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Has anyone had any dental work done in Chennai?? i need some major dental work done that will costs thousands here but Chennai is so much cheaper than anywhere else in the world, I do have major concerns though?
      can anyone share there experience?

Thank you

Sophie

5 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM
    • is it safe to go to Chennai with a 2 year old toddler?

by SophieL14 Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Have you been to Chennai with young children? is it safe to go to Chennai with a 2 year old toddler?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • can any one tell me the right travel agents

by sureshkrishna Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM

can anyone tell me the right travel agent for one pilgrim tour to tirupati from chennai with affordable cost.

3 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • looking 4 budget trip advice

by beingrahul Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hiiiiiiienlightened

guys I m planning for a short trip in Chennai........I like to explore the city..and Tamil cuisine ...........how many days it may require to explore d city fully..........I am looking for a modest low budget hotel ..........can u please guide me for my short trip over chennai...........some famous places over there to try some best tamil dishes..........where to travel over chennai and some modest budget hotel name ......... 

Thanks for viewing my question smiley

6 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM