Chennai (Madras) Travel Answers

change location
eastrunner's Profile Photo

7 hours of Transit at the Chennai Anna - International airport

by eastrunner Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hiya,

My parents and sister with her 2 kids are flying in from Colombo for a long haul flight out of Chennai to North America on Jet airwars. Due to the new indian visa rules that one can't return to india within 2 months they will have to be in the chennai intenational lounge for like 7 hours. So a few questions.

1. Is there a business class lounge at the airport? what does it offer
2. Are there hotels/day rooms within within the Airport intl lounge? and how do I find prices and details?
3. What other services are available at the airport.
4. Any thoughts suggestions to make the trip more comfortable easy for them.

Thanks in advance

ER

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

Re: 7 hours of Transit at the Chennai Anna - International airport

by vpas Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM

there is no hotel facility in the chennai airport.7 hours is a longtime to be there.there is a business class lounge.they have restaurants and food/snack bars.there is a book shop.i have seen some curio shops and indian sovenier shops.i do not know if there is a spa.but with the kids around(how old are tehy?)one would think it is better to first take a leisurely meal and then go to the lounge and rest and then slowly venture into the shopping area before boarding the flight.
    However, the facilities and shopping is in no way on par with those in the airports one finds in singapore or k.;. or other countries.
    hope this helps,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines