Chennai (Madras) Travel Answers

change location

Budget Hotels near Sankara Nethralaya, 18 College Road

by gupikant Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Dear Friends:

I will come to Chennai on the second week of May, 07 for my father's eye check-up/operation in Sankara Nethralaya Main. We will reach Chennai Airport by 8.30 PM in the night. I need your suggestions whether I should book any hotel nearby SN before coming there!! Then please guide me to a budget hotel (double bed room with AC: budget Rs. 500 - 1000/- not more than 1000/-). I have also heard a bit about the bargaining of the autorickshaw drivers. So should I take a pre-paid taxi which can take me to any reasonably good hotel! In that case also I need to know the place so that I can tell the taxi-driver to go that place. What is your advise! please help and guide me on what to do after reaching Airport in the night.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Avijayan's Profile Photo

Re: Budget Hotels near Sankara Nethralaya, 18 College Road

by Avijayan Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Look up for service apartments if its a long stay . You should look at staying in Nungambakkam which is where SN is located or Egmore which is 2 km away. Egmore has a whole lot of hotels opposite the station - Kennet Lane - Victoria Hotel, Pandian etc . On Nungambakkam high road now Mahatma Gandhi road - Hotel Ranjith, Hotel Palm Grove on Kodambakkam High Road, Hotel Woodlands on Radhakrishna Salai would be around your budget. If your budget is stretchable - Harisons is a good one - its 1 km walk from SN, i think a double bedroom would be around 2k a night at harisons....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Budget Hotels near Sankara Nethralaya, 18 College Road

by gupikant Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 3:44 AM

Thank you Dear:

I would like to know particulraly that:

# Should I book any one of those hotels you mentioned before I reach there at
    night? Or I should take a taxi and straight to Egmore and there I will get room
    as per choice on that night itself?

# If prior reservation is not required then can you please suggest me the exact
    place name where I should get down from the taxi for hotels.

# in case of prior reservation, i have checked the internet but I feel unsecure
    while paying through net on their website... those are not verisign certifiated.
    Also I have noticed that most of the hotels do not reply thorugh mails or they
    do not have mail ids.

please help

by zaheer_online Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 12:26 AM

Dear Sir,
    YES I CAN GUIDE YOU, TO CONFORM PLEASE CALL US AT +91 9884366030. mY NAME IS ZAHEER OR MAIL US zaheeronline@india.com

by isb123 Online Now May 24, 2007 at 11:48 AM

I am also facing the same situation. My parents will be reaching Chennai on June 15th and will be going to SN Main.

I was hoping to learn from you about your stay
    1) Which hotel you stayed in?
    2) How was your experience?
    3) How much did you pay?
    4) Any other comments and suggestions/advice.

I will really appreciate your feedback. I would also request others to share any information that you think can help me.

I look forward to you helping emails.

God Bless

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines