Chengdu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • HossamM's Profile Photo

How can I reach Zigong from Suzhou?

Zigong Mar 21, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am travelling to Suzhou next week. I will be staying in Shilla Hotel Jinji Lake. And I want to visit Zigong Dinosaur museum during Sunday. How can I reach Zigong Dinosaur Museum from Suzhou? I couldn't find a direct train from Suzhou to Zigong. How can I reach Zigong through train or internal flight? I know the road is very long between Suzhou & Zigong, that's why I excluded automobile or bus transportation.

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • Suggestions on affordable hotel in Chengdu

by Craigsteer Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM

We are a family with 5 children ages between 13- 9 and we want to go to Chengdu to see the panda reserve. Any suggestions a good affordable hotels? What else would you recommend doing in Chengdu?

8 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

air port budget hostel

by NorainS Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM

is there any budget hostel near Cheng du airport????

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

bus to panda centre

by NorainS Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Hi travelers, Does any one knows whether public transport available from Yang shi jie (羊市街)to Panda centre?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody in Chengdu May 20th to May 25th?

by nepalgoods Online Now May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I would like to meet people
      Ulrike

• Landlords house

by thepits Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Hi, chatting to a local guide in people's park yesterday and he mentioned a place called the landlords house. Apparently,it is a house that was left standing after the cultural revolution and is now a museum. Cannot find any info on line - any ideas? Thanks

4 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    • chin_cw_48's Profile Photo

Tourist Trap

by chin_cw_48 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I will be in Chengdu and Chongqing next month - April 2013
      What are the tourist traps I should be aware of?
      Thank you.

5 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • A guide for Chengdu?

by thepits Online Now Jan 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hi,

We are staying 2 nights at the Nova Travelling Lodge with the express intention of seeing the pandas at the research centre. We have not booked a guide as, having lots of research, we feel we can do this part of the trip by ourselves.
      We will be arriving at the railway station and getting a taxi to the hotel.We would like to go to the Sichuan Opera in the evening and see the pandas the following day. I have tried to contact the hotel to find out if they can book a cab for these experiences but have had my e mail pinged back. Is this doable without a guide?
      Quite happy to hire a guide but if we can save some money by not doing so then even better!
      Any advice appreciated.

6 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • contact e mail for 'She Hotel'

by thepits Online Now Oct 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi , Trying to find contact address for above hotel - cannot find web page on search engine. Any ideas?
      Many thanks.

9 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    • 13scorpio's Profile Photo

Bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou

by 13scorpio Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Hi, going to Jiuzhaigou with mom from Chengdu this coming Sept, and plan to go by bus. Kinda worry about the long hour journey and bus condition.

Appreciate inputs on following :-

1. Bus from Xinnanmen, how is the bus condition ? Is seat assigned or free seating ? Can the seat be declined or adjusted ?

2. Bus from Xinnanmen is run by different companies, e.g we can choose the type of bus like how many seater bus ?

3. Other than the frequent bus from Xinnanmen, is there other option like tourist centre's with better bus ?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    • lollipop18moon's Profile Photo

12 days Chengdu-Emei-JiuZhaiGou-ShangHai

by lollipop18moon Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I have 12 days in China in September and intend to plan a trip as follow. Hope you can give me some advise because there are many details:

1Sep: arrive Chengdu around 13:10, find hostel nearby (maybe Sims Cozy), evening walk around, see Sichuan face changing show.

2Sep: take bus to Leshan, enjoy Leshan and take bus to Mt Emei, look for hotel on top of Mt. Emei, spend the nite.

3Sep: Up early for sunrise, enjoy other parts of Mt Emei on the way down (Baoguo Monastery, Fuhu Monastery, Xiujia Fall, First Pavilion). Afternoon, visit Huanglongxi Old Town and go back go Chengdu.

4Sep: Morning visit Giant Panda. Evening Jinli Street and other nearby streets.

5Sep: Take bus to Jiuzhaigou, whole day on bus

6th & 7th Sep: Jiuzhaigou - Huanglong

8th: Whole day bus back to Chengdu.

9Sep: fly to Shanghai and stay there until 12Sep.

I wonder how many hours it takes to enjoy Leshan on 2 Sep, afraid it takes long time and when we reach Mt Emei it's already eveningtime. Next morning we may not have enough time for Mr. Emei. Is that the case?

Will 2 ways bus back and forth between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou too much to bear? Should we opt for 1 way flight and 1 way bus instead, that way we will be less tired and have more time in the park? Should we do choose bus route from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou or the other way around?

Phew, that's a lot of info. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

Tue

2 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Chengdu Airport

by orchid1949 Online Now May 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Need an advice on airport bus to city staying near Beixin Street. What bus number to take to go to Minhang or Civil Aviation Hotel. Any stop near the hotel or we take a taxi after.

Thank you.

5 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Changing Masks Dance

by orchid1949 Online Now May 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Wil be in Chengdu for one night. Please advise what theatre I could go for the Mask Dance in the city. Could I buy the tickets at the hotel ?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    • Chengdu Pandas

by c_hand Online Now Apr 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM

We only have short time to see China. I want to hold and interact with the pandas. Is a trip to the panda research and breeding center worth the time and money?

4 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • Posters or paintings of altar figures for sale in Wenshu Monastery?

by giftshop Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM

When I was at the Chengdu Wenshu monastery, there was a beautiful painting behind an altar of Puti Damo (P'u-t'i Ta-mo). Is there any way to see what posters or paintings might be available in the monastery gift store?

• antho321's Profile Photo

Huanglong Closed??

by antho321 Online Now Feb 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Is is true that Huanglong Park is closed from December 2011 till March 2012?
      I have a plan to go there on March.
      Could someone give me some info please.

Cheers,
      Antho

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

2 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 4:04 AM
    • Jiuzhaigou in Dec?

by Kiwibiwi Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I'll be heading to Chengdu in late Dec 2011. Can fellow travellers please advise if it's safe to take the long distance bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou in Dec since there might be snow and the roads might be slippery?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

5 Answers Dec 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM
    • Baby panda

by Jannette13 Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Went to chengdu in may 2011 held 9 month old baby panda anybody know her name? Thanks for any replies

• Chongnv's Profile Photo

Trip to Jiuzhaigou - Landslide

by Chongnv Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 8:28 PM

We have planned to hired a car to Go to Jiuzhaigou by land on 23 August 2011 to view all sceneries on the way. Heard that the lanbdslide on the way to Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu. Is't serious and how will the sitiution by 23 August.

3 Answers Jul 16, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    • Chongnv's Profile Photo

Trip to Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou in August

by Chongnv Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 3:09 AM

A family of 3 planned a trip to Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou in September.
      *5 days( 4 nights) should it enough to cover all the tourist spots in Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou or I should extend 1 more day for my trip.
      *How many days should I reserve for Jiuzhaigou.
      * Any good recemmendation for a trust worthy driver with car to tour around Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou .
      *Kunming will it worth to visit and how many days should I put aside for it.

Hope to get advice from our VTmembers.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Pandas & Valleys & Mountains, oh my!

by SandiM Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Planning another trip to china in September 2011 with good ol' ma and the first-run draft of our itinerary has us in Huangshan for a couple night then a flight to Chengdu on the way to Pingyao (via TaiYuan airport). Heard Chengdu was close to some pretty amazing scenery which I know I gotta photograph. So, how many days will I ABSOLUTELY need to cover ONE of the 2 panda sanctuaries (just need to shoot them (with camera), not hold them, thanks!), Emeishan, Leshan Buddha, and oh let's throw in Jiuzhaigou, for good measure. Have I missed anything? I was going to stay 2 nights in Chengdu, so what can I cover in 1 full day from dawn to dusk if I try to hire a private car & guide (I'm sure it can be done, right?). Can I cover it all in 2 full days (dawn to dusk)? It's pretty crazy but that's how I travel, mach-9...Ideas?

18 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • TravelBugbites's Profile Photo

Any transport from Leshan direct to JiuZhaiGou?

by TravelBugbites Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I'll stay a night at 峨眉山 for the sunrise. :)
      But i wonder is there any transport direct from 峨眉山 to Jiuzhaigou?
      is it a must to go back in Chengdu?

Thanks for the info!!

2 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    • Planning a trip in 2011

by urbanhunter Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 5:21 AM

When is the best time of year to visit Chengdu, especially to see Panda cubs if any have been born recently.
      Apart from the Panda Breeding Centre, what other must see sights are nearby?
      Thanks in advance for any top tips.

4 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    • 8 days in chengdu

by keeganloo Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

i arrived chengdu 4.1.11 to 11.1 (8 person).please advice me where is a intresting place to visit.it is ok my father to travel he is 73 year old i heard wheather is very cold.type of cloth to wear tq

4 Answers Dec 8, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    • sichuan opera

by aylanie Online Now Nov 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

what cost a visit to the sichuan opera? and how long take the show?

2 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Kangding & Luding

by myspices Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I will be going to Kangding & Luding this mid of August. This is my itinerary :-

D1 : Arrival Kangding from Emeishan in late afternoon. O/nite Kangding
      D2 : Kangding. Evening to Luding
      D3 : Luding/Moxi-Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park. O/nite either Luding
      D4 : Early am..1st bus out back to Chengdu.

Would appreciate if any VTers can help with the following:
      1) I am coming in from Emeishan and I understand from a VTer that there's no direct bus from Emei to either Kangding or Luding and i will need to go to Ya'an to connect. Should i go to Kangding 1st or Luding 1st from Ya'an?

2) Since i do not have many days over in Kangding/Luding - what are the sights i should go for during these few days.

3) Since it is August, am i able to see glaciers in Hailuogou?

4) What about hot spring bath during August?? (is this a silly question?)

Thanks much.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Songpan to Sanxingdui to Dujiangyan

by myspices Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 1:56 AM

My itinerary is such :-

Juizaigou - Huanglong - Songpan - Sanxingdui - Dujiangyan - Chengdu

I will be at Songpan do to day's trek and would like to leave for Sanxingdui the next morning as early as possible. I would appreciate if VTers can help me with some of the questions below :-

1) Is there a bus from Songpan to Sanxingdui? - How long is the journey, the fare and timing of the bus?

2) Is there a bus from Sanxingdui to Dujiangyan? - How long is the journey, the fare and timing of the bus?

Thanks much.

4 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 1:44 AM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

One day tour Leshan

by Lunaina Online Now Apr 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Is it easy to book a one day tour in Chengdu to go to Leshan, or can you go by bus,
      how long would it take and what will it cost? Can someone provide information??

7 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

emei shan question

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM

1) does the ticket still cover for 3 days? how much is it now? still 120Yuan? is there discount for senior ppl?
      2) what would be the best route to go about? should I take the mountain bus to Jieyin Hall, then take the cable car to Jingding first? then hike up to WanFoDing early morning like starting 7AM? the hike down to Jieyin Hall?
      3) if I want to take sunrise pic where is the best spot? near which temple?
      what about sunset? if the best sunrise and sunset are both near wangfoding, does the temple of Jinding offer dorm beds to stay overnight?
      4) if I want to hike down from Jieyin Hall to Xixiang Chi, then Wannian Si, how long will it takes me? or should i go from JieYin Hall to XiXiang Chi, then to XianGeng Si, then HongChun Ping then QingYin Ge? and stay overnight?
      5) at last should I Just take minibus from QingYin Ge to Baoguo Si or hiking down... I just want to not miss the best but I want to avoid time spend on minor scenic..

ty so much

1 Answer Apr 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

what airline fly from chengdu to Honglong, then from JouZhaiGo back to Chengdu?

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM

please let me know the web site for these airlines, so I can check the pricing. will it cost the same if I buy just few days before? is there a lot of pleases in Chengdu where I can get plane tickets? like airline office or some? since I do not have china's credit card.

also what airlines that are good and cheaper for chengdu to chongqing

ty

19 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 1:10 AM
    • tteehee's Profile Photo

cuddle a panda

by tteehee Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

hi vters
      only have 1.5days in chengdu so trying to maximize..
      day1: huanglongxi or luodai? no need to spend a whole day, but mybe 5hours, leave some time for city stroll and exploration.
      day 2(halfday) panda research ctr. read someone's page saying you can cuddle a panda for a fee at the research ctr..does this still hold true today? should not take us more than 3hrs.

appreciate your inputs!

5 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM