is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?
We are a family with 5 children ages between 13- 9 and we want to go to Chengdu to see the panda reserve. Any suggestions a good affordable hotels? What else would you recommend doing in Chengdu?
is there any budget hostel near Cheng du airport????
Hi travelers, Does any one knows whether public transport available from Yang shi jie (羊市街）to Panda centre?
I would like to meet people
Hi, chatting to a local guide in people's park yesterday and he mentioned a place called the landlords house. Apparently,it is a house that was left standing after the cultural revolution and is now a museum. Cannot find any info on line - any ideas? Thanks
I will be in Chengdu and Chongqing next month - April 2013
What are the tourist traps I should be aware of?
We are staying 2 nights at the Nova Travelling Lodge with the express intention of seeing the pandas at the research centre. We have not booked a guide as, having lots of research, we feel we can do this part of the trip by ourselves.
We will be arriving at the railway station and getting a taxi to the hotel.We would like to go to the Sichuan Opera in the evening and see the pandas the following day. I have tried to contact the hotel to find out if they can book a cab for these experiences but have had my e mail pinged back. Is this doable without a guide?
Quite happy to hire a guide but if we can save some money by not doing so then even better!
Any advice appreciated.
Hi , Trying to find contact address for above hotel - cannot find web page on search engine. Any ideas?
Hi, going to Jiuzhaigou with mom from Chengdu this coming Sept, and plan to go by bus. Kinda worry about the long hour journey and bus condition.
Appreciate inputs on following :-
1. Bus from Xinnanmen, how is the bus condition ? Is seat assigned or free seating ? Can the seat be declined or adjusted ?
2. Bus from Xinnanmen is run by different companies, e.g we can choose the type of bus like how many seater bus ?
3. Other than the frequent bus from Xinnanmen, is there other option like tourist centre's with better bus ?
I have 12 days in China in September and intend to plan a trip as follow. Hope you can give me some advise because there are many details:
1Sep: arrive Chengdu around 13:10, find hostel nearby (maybe Sims Cozy), evening walk around, see Sichuan face changing show.
2Sep: take bus to Leshan, enjoy Leshan and take bus to Mt Emei, look for hotel on top of Mt. Emei, spend the nite.
3Sep: Up early for sunrise, enjoy other parts of Mt Emei on the way down (Baoguo Monastery, Fuhu Monastery, Xiujia Fall, First Pavilion). Afternoon, visit Huanglongxi Old Town and go back go Chengdu.
4Sep: Morning visit Giant Panda. Evening Jinli Street and other nearby streets.
5Sep: Take bus to Jiuzhaigou, whole day on bus
6th & 7th Sep: Jiuzhaigou - Huanglong
8th: Whole day bus back to Chengdu.
9Sep: fly to Shanghai and stay there until 12Sep.
I wonder how many hours it takes to enjoy Leshan on 2 Sep, afraid it takes long time and when we reach Mt Emei it's already eveningtime. Next morning we may not have enough time for Mr. Emei. Is that the case?
Will 2 ways bus back and forth between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou too much to bear? Should we opt for 1 way flight and 1 way bus instead, that way we will be less tired and have more time in the park? Should we do choose bus route from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou or the other way around?
Phew, that's a lot of info. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!
Need an advice on airport bus to city staying near Beixin Street. What bus number to take to go to Minhang or Civil Aviation Hotel. Any stop near the hotel or we take a taxi after.
Wil be in Chengdu for one night. Please advise what theatre I could go for the Mask Dance in the city. Could I buy the tickets at the hotel ?
We only have short time to see China. I want to hold and interact with the pandas. Is a trip to the panda research and breeding center worth the time and money?
When I was at the Chengdu Wenshu monastery, there was a beautiful painting behind an altar of Puti Damo (P'u-t'i Ta-mo). Is there any way to see what posters or paintings might be available in the monastery gift store?
I'll be heading to Chengdu in late Dec 2011. Can fellow travellers please advise if it's safe to take the long distance bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou in Dec since there might be snow and the roads might be slippery?
Thanks in advance for the advice!
Went to chengdu in may 2011 held 9 month old baby panda anybody know her name? Thanks for any replies
We have planned to hired a car to Go to Jiuzhaigou by land on 23 August 2011 to view all sceneries on the way. Heard that the lanbdslide on the way to Jiuzhaigou from Chengdu. Is't serious and how will the sitiution by 23 August.
A family of 3 planned a trip to Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou in September.
*5 days( 4 nights) should it enough to cover all the tourist spots in Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou or I should extend 1 more day for my trip.
*How many days should I reserve for Jiuzhaigou.
* Any good recemmendation for a trust worthy driver with car to tour around Chengdu & Jiuzhaigou .
*Kunming will it worth to visit and how many days should I put aside for it.
Hope to get advice from our VTmembers.
Planning another trip to china in September 2011 with good ol' ma and the first-run draft of our itinerary has us in Huangshan for a couple night then a flight to Chengdu on the way to Pingyao (via TaiYuan airport). Heard Chengdu was close to some pretty amazing scenery which I know I gotta photograph. So, how many days will I ABSOLUTELY need to cover ONE of the 2 panda sanctuaries (just need to shoot them (with camera), not hold them, thanks!), Emeishan, Leshan Buddha, and oh let's throw in Jiuzhaigou, for good measure. Have I missed anything? I was going to stay 2 nights in Chengdu, so what can I cover in 1 full day from dawn to dusk if I try to hire a private car & guide (I'm sure it can be done, right?). Can I cover it all in 2 full days (dawn to dusk)? It's pretty crazy but that's how I travel, mach-9...Ideas?
I'll stay a night at 峨眉山 for the sunrise. :)
But i wonder is there any transport direct from 峨眉山 to Jiuzhaigou?
is it a must to go back in Chengdu?
Thanks for the info!!
When is the best time of year to visit Chengdu, especially to see Panda cubs if any have been born recently.
Apart from the Panda Breeding Centre, what other must see sights are nearby?
Thanks in advance for any top tips.
i arrived chengdu 4.1.11 to 11.1 (8 person).please advice me where is a intresting place to visit.it is ok my father to travel he is 73 year old i heard wheather is very cold.type of cloth to wear tq
what cost a visit to the sichuan opera? and how long take the show?
I will be going to Kangding & Luding this mid of August. This is my itinerary :-
D1 : Arrival Kangding from Emeishan in late afternoon. O/nite Kangding
D2 : Kangding. Evening to Luding
D3 : Luding/Moxi-Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park. O/nite either Luding
D4 : Early am..1st bus out back to Chengdu.
Would appreciate if any VTers can help with the following:
1) I am coming in from Emeishan and I understand from a VTer that there's no direct bus from Emei to either Kangding or Luding and i will need to go to Ya'an to connect. Should i go to Kangding 1st or Luding 1st from Ya'an?
2) Since i do not have many days over in Kangding/Luding - what are the sights i should go for during these few days.
3) Since it is August, am i able to see glaciers in Hailuogou?
4) What about hot spring bath during August?? (is this a silly question?)
My itinerary is such :-
Juizaigou - Huanglong - Songpan - Sanxingdui - Dujiangyan - Chengdu
I will be at Songpan do to day's trek and would like to leave for Sanxingdui the next morning as early as possible. I would appreciate if VTers can help me with some of the questions below :-
1) Is there a bus from Songpan to Sanxingdui? - How long is the journey, the fare and timing of the bus?
2) Is there a bus from Sanxingdui to Dujiangyan? - How long is the journey, the fare and timing of the bus?
Is it easy to book a one day tour in Chengdu to go to Leshan, or can you go by bus,
how long would it take and what will it cost? Can someone provide information??
1) does the ticket still cover for 3 days? how much is it now? still 120Yuan? is there discount for senior ppl?
2) what would be the best route to go about? should I take the mountain bus to Jieyin Hall, then take the cable car to Jingding first? then hike up to WanFoDing early morning like starting 7AM? the hike down to Jieyin Hall?
3) if I want to take sunrise pic where is the best spot? near which temple?
what about sunset? if the best sunrise and sunset are both near wangfoding, does the temple of Jinding offer dorm beds to stay overnight?
4) if I want to hike down from Jieyin Hall to Xixiang Chi, then Wannian Si, how long will it takes me? or should i go from JieYin Hall to XiXiang Chi, then to XianGeng Si, then HongChun Ping then QingYin Ge? and stay overnight?
5) at last should I Just take minibus from QingYin Ge to Baoguo Si or hiking down... I just want to not miss the best but I want to avoid time spend on minor scenic..
ty so much
please let me know the web site for these airlines, so I can check the pricing. will it cost the same if I buy just few days before? is there a lot of pleases in Chengdu where I can get plane tickets? like airline office or some? since I do not have china's credit card.
also what airlines that are good and cheaper for chengdu to chongqing