Chengdu Travel Answers

change location
9tigers's Profile Photo

emei shan question

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM

1) does the ticket still cover for 3 days? how much is it now? still 120Yuan? is there discount for senior ppl?
2) what would be the best route to go about? should I take the mountain bus to Jieyin Hall, then take the cable car to Jingding first? then hike up to WanFoDing early morning like starting 7AM? the hike down to Jieyin Hall?
3) if I want to take sunrise pic where is the best spot? near which temple?
what about sunset? if the best sunrise and sunset are both near wangfoding, does the temple of Jinding offer dorm beds to stay overnight?
4) if I want to hike down from Jieyin Hall to Xixiang Chi, then Wannian Si, how long will it takes me? or should i go from JieYin Hall to XiXiang Chi, then to XianGeng Si, then HongChun Ping then QingYin Ge? and stay overnight?
5) at last should I Just take minibus from QingYin Ge to Baoguo Si or hiking down... I just want to not miss the best but I want to avoid time spend on minor scenic..

ty so much

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: emei shan question

by chengdu-girl Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM

The ticket covers two days, 150 RMB/person. If you take photos, you can stay two days.
    The best route is that take sightseeing bus from Baoguo Temple to Leidongping, then have a ten minutes walk to Jieyindian. From here you can take cable car to Golden Summit. There are hotels in Leidongping and Golden Summit. If you want to enjoy sunrise and sunset, you can overnight in Jinding Hotel.
    At present the road to Wanfoding is under construction.
    On Golden Summit there is only one temple-- Huazang Temple. The accomodation is not provided.
    If you want ota hike down from Jieyin Hall to Xixiang Chi, then Wannian Temple, it takes you nearly 7 hours by foot. You'd better take sightseeing bus.
    If you want to get more information, you can send me an email.
    sctabi@yahoo.cn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines