Chengdu Travel Answers

change location
bonnechic's Profile Photo

Is Air China charging to change flights in/out of Chengdu?

by bonnechic Online Now May 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM

I am due to be in Chengdu on Friday for 4 nights but I will not be able to do all the tours I planned due the earthquake (such as the Wolong Panda Preserve). Also, if there is death and destruction in the city itself, I will want to leave early.
I see where Dragonair is not charging for rebooking flights away from Chengdu, but is Air China or the other Chinese airlines following suit?
Does anybody know if the city is crowded with media right now? Or if flights are full?
I couldn't have picked a worse time to be there, and it doesn't seem proper to be touring if the city is in bad shape but then again, people who live there may just want to get on with their lives. Any thoughts?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Re: Is Air China charging to change flights in/out of Chengdu?

by olddude Online Now May 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Are you sure you still have a flight going there? Chengdu itself didn't sustain much damage, but things are a little chaotic right now. Here is the latest from the US consulate that we have there:

beijing.usembassy-china.org....

Call the 1-800 number they have on this page so you can get on-the-ground info about the current situation there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines