Cheltenham Travel Answers

change location

car hire in london vs train to Cheltenham

by waypix Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 12:41 PM

We are staying a few days in London then on to Cheltenham. My question is: Would it be easier to take the train from London and then hire a car in Cheltenham or rent a car in London and just drive to Cheltenham? Can you hire a car at the Cheltenham train station?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

RE: car hire in london vs train to Cheltenham

by leics Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Much, much easier to get a car in Cheltenham; it really is not worth the hassle of attempting to negotiate London. I doubt you'll be able to hire cars actually at the station, but there are plenty of firms locally (google 'car hire cheltenham'). You should be able to pre-book online with most of them, which saves time, and a taxi to the hire firm from the station won't cost much if you choose a centrally-located firm. Car hire is well-regulated in the UK, so just choose one which has good rates and the type of car you want.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • top_vapour's Profile Photo

RE: car hire in london vs train to Cheltenham

by top_vapour Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 6:12 AM

Another way to get to Cheltenham from London is via the National Express. The buses are pretty much direct and take about 2.5 hours. Prices are reasonable too, I'm not sure how much the train fares are, but the national express buses are about £17.60 per person or about32. You can get tickets online at www.nationalexpress.co.uk , the buses go from Victoria Coach Station.

I personally don't know where you can hire a car from in Cheltenham (see other reply)

Hope it helped in someway and have a good stay in London

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines