Chek Lap Kok Travel Answers

change location
pippa_wonders's Profile Photo

what to do in 7 hours at Chek Lap Kok airport

by pippa_wonders Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 5:48 AM

i'd like to go somewhere not too far from the airport and have a look at shops or market, but get back in plenty of time to get my flight.
How would i go about it? thanks
pippa

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • poetjo's Profile Photo

Re: what to do in 7 hours at Chek Lap Kok airport

by poetjo Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Well with 7 hours you can actually go into Kowloon or HK Island by MTR and do some shopping and even have a bite to eat.

You can also go to Tung Chung and hit the shops and eateries there in the plaza.

Another alternative is to take the bus, cable or taxi to the Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery and Wisdom Path which are all right there in the same area and can easily be done within a few hours.

There are shops within the airport and dining which you can check out as well.

enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: what to do in 7 hours at Chek Lap Kok airport

by Jannetto Online Now Sep 28, 2008 at 7:48 AM

You can get the train or bus to Kowloon - Mong Kok or Prince Edward have great street markets. If it's raining or too hot there are malls everywhere - citygate at Tung chung next to the airport, or Elements Mall above Kowloon station (fancy), Ocean Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui... go tot he markets if you can, amlls are the same everywhere!

• Re: what to do in 7 hours at Chek Lap Kok airport

by Jannetto Online Now Sep 28, 2008 at 7:49 AM

You can get the train or bus to Kowloon - Mong Kok or Prince Edward have great street markets. If it's raining or too hot there are malls everywhere - citygate at Tung chung next to the airport, or Elements Mall above Kowloon station (fancy), Ocean Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui... go to the markets if you can, malls are the same everywhere!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines